What is your opinion about new globes?

"
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:
Did anyone notice that in Act 4, the male statues proudly flaunt their penis, but the female statues are now covered up to hide their genitalia?

Did GGG make this change to appease the politically correct people who are so easily offended? (...)

This is slander. The statues have almost no difference with their act 3 counterparts.
The only new statues are 3 static female statues in The Grand Arena (the ones with Daresso's background).

Your post is so misleading.

That's right, the statues have almost no difference with their act 3 counterparts, except for the fact that the act 4 female statues have their genitalia covered, while the male statues still display their penis.

And the statues that I'm talking about are fighting statues. Anyone can go verify for themselves.
"
vio wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
lost cause is lost, just let it go chaps, honestly.

would you give up when you see "slacko the unlucky" on some guys t-shirts when you loved the original name? everytime i see poe images on imgur, my heart bleeds. everytime i start the game...

i expected a community poll at the time over several ui drafts rather then designers trying to scare us off using a butt ugly ui to come up later with a more generic alternative.

i even bought an supporter pack to convince ggg, some guys said this works.
Spoiler
just joking

Im a graphic designer, a professional who devotes his life to an appreciation and understanding of how graphic things look. I think the new ui looks better, its my professional opinion that you guys should accept the new improved ui and let it go. Think of me like your doctor telling you whats good for your body, I do this for a living, my opinion on the matter is worth more than, well, basically everyone elses.

obviously joking around there :D

but not really, I am actually that arrogant and sure of myself as judge, jury and executioner of the arts.

"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:
Did anyone notice that in Act 4, the male statues proudly flaunt their penis, but the female statues are now covered up to hide their genitalia?

Did GGG make this change to appease the politically correct people who are so easily offended?

And for the record I prefer the old globes with the chained ladies.

When you say "but the female statues (in Act 4) are now covered up",

do you mean that the ones in Act 4 weren't covered up before? I didn't try to take any of my beta characters to act 4, so I don't know what it looked like initially. When the Awakening was fully released, I don't recall the female statues being any different from how they are now.

If GGG's intent was such, wouldn't they have covered up the female statues in other parts of the game?

IMO - I don't think statues or orbs were part of any cover up attempt by GGG. When GGG states that they wanted something different for the Awakening theme, I accept that. It is a perfectly valid reason, and as the game's creators they certainly have the right to make such changes. In that sense, it really isn't any different than changing the background page of the forum website.

Speaking of ... that blue eyed totem goblin thing with the glowing blue eyes (that is currently part of the forum backrgound) would be so much nicer as the mana globe than the skull.

Karui Tiki UI option?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Sep 21, 2015, 10:00:57 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Speaking of ... that blue eyed totem goblin thing with the glowing blue eyes (that is currently part of the forum backrgound) would be so much nicer as the mana globe than the skull.

Karui Tiki UI option?

God no. This looks like a prop out of Stracraft 2 or another of Blizzard's creatively bankrupt games. It looks totally out of place. How does that even fit on Kaom? Does he wield it as a shield? Does it fly in front of him?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
DalaiLama wrote:
When you say "but the female statues (in Act 4) are now covered up",

When he says that, he is spreading a falsehood, which has been disproven here.
Don't take the bait.
I hope vio wasnt put on probation for responding to me in this thread. I was only clowning around it was meant to be absurd but maybe he didnt quite get it? If so then delete what he said if it breaks rules or whatever but please dont put him on probation hes a decent fellow.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
lost cause is lost, just let it go chaps, honestly.

Part of the problem is that GGG hasnt made any official announcement in this regard. So everything like ...

"
DoubleU wrote:
GGG isn't going to change the globes back

... is just an assumption.
The darkness looms forebodingly...
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Karui Tiki UI option?

God no. This looks like a prop out of Stracraft 2 or another of Blizzard's creatively bankrupt games. It looks totally out of place. How does that even fit on Kaom? Does he wield it as a shield? Does it fly in front of him?

Belt Buckle!

In game, it would give the character something similar to Silk's weekday outfit.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Sorry, but the new globes suck. They don't have the 'evil lurks here' feel.
Stop the cyber violence guys.

signed, cyber violence survivor
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info