[2.2] Acrobatic Knives - Assassin - Ctri EK/MoM/Phase Acro/VP, Ascendancy skill tree updated.

"
Okanitu wrote:
"
shghostell wrote:
"
PolleyPocket wrote:
Would this be HC worthy?

I'm not sure, I died once when I was fighting Malachai in merciless at the first time. After that it becomes easier and easier. I think it worth a try, get familiar with play style and boss fight in standard, then run it in HC.

How was it you died? I'm also interested in hc. If the damage taken spikey and inconsistent due to it being a dodge build?

I guess I was fooling around to see the fight pattern of Malachai.
If you take this as a dodge build, then you must consider about what would happen to those hits you may not able to dodge. Well I think it's not a pure dodge build, I listed 'LC + AA + Chaos Golem + CWDT-ImmortalCall + VP leech' for a reason.
Savour these moments, for they may never return.
Do you convert EK's damage to elemental damage just to avoid physical reflect? When you do that, you're horribly gimping EK's damage, because physical mitigation is far rarer than elemental resists.
"
Do you convert EK's damage to elemental damage just to avoid physical reflect? When you do that, you're horribly gimping EK's damage, because physical mitigation is far rarer than elemental resists.

That's only partially true for a Crit build, since he gains Shock. And not dying to Reflect is a BIG DEAL. I actually approve of his idea for Crit EK.

I still prefer non-crit, but this is how I'd do Crit EK, probably (at least some of it). One thing that would push this build into "amazing" territory would be Berek's Grip, what with Freeze+Shock, removing the need for Life Leech gem, and most of the mana concerns.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jul 14, 2015, 7:05:23 PM
"
shghostell wrote:
"
Timbob wrote:
Hi there. It's been a while since I played so I'm sure how well it fits into the current game but why do you not take Mind over Matter? Is there a way to incorporate that into the build for increased survivability?

actually, 6 months ago I mentioned 'Acrobatics + Mind over Matter', you can find it here.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1191004
I'd say it's a great combination to boost survivability. But there are something you should know about 'The Awakening' I'm gonna copy and paste some from the patch note which you can find it here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1304441
1. Eldritch Battery does not convert Energy Shield to Mana now, it now causes ES to protect Mana instead of Life. Your stand free mana pool and mana regen will be significantly reduced compare with what it should be in 1.3.
2. Clarity: reduced the cost and amount of mana regeneration it grants at all levels. With all the mana / mana regen nodes in my tree and rings/amulet which have mana regen, still I only got 160+ mana regen per second, it barely cover the mana cost for EK itself.
3. Reduced Mana no longer reduces reservation costs of supported gems. Enlighten took the job, and sadly it only offers 92% Mana Multiplier at lv3 and 88% at lv4. You can imagine it.
Above all make Mind over matter much more expensive to get the same effect that it was in 1.3.

Sweet, thanks for the explanation.
"

I think I had made the point clear in the title, but everyone has their own style, you can play without damage conversion. For me, I'm just sick of dying to reflection and willing to give up some dps for survivability, that's all.
Two questions: Do i need those gloves that you have? and can i do level 66 maps at level 62?
"
LeagueOfUdyr wrote:
Two questions: Do i need those gloves that you have? and can i do level 66 maps at level 62?

In most cases, you don't need certain gloves for the build, I use 'Maligaro's Virtuosity' just for more dps.
For doing maps with physical reflection mod, you'd better have 'Hrimsorrow'.
And I'm not sure about doing lv66map at lv62, are you leveling up? why not docks?
Anyway, here is the tree what it would look like at lv62 for my build.

If I have a 4L chest, decent gear to support resistance/life/mana regen, I think I can do it.
(fyi, many players finish act3 in merciless(lv68 maps) around lv60 or even lower lv.)
Last edited by shghostell on Jul 16, 2015, 12:58:12 AM
So I have been using this build and its been great so far. Another question I have is instead of Phys to lightning is added fire a good substitute? Only reason I ask is I got a 5l chest to drop off koam but cant get the colors to match what I need. Any suggestions? EK dps is around 15k at lvl 74.

Here is the chest

Spoiler
IGN Celtix
'Added fire damage' is a nice choice for dps, just be careful with the reflection. And you can always replace 'faster casting' to 'physical to lightning' in case you can't/ don't want to skip the monster with reflection.
And here's another option if you can't get the right colour for your armour.

'Iron Will' is also one of the enhanced skill gem in 2.0.
by The Awakening Patch Notes:
Iron Will no longer penalises cast speed. Instead, it grants 2% increased spell damage per level. It now grants 0.5% increased spell damage per 1% quality.
Last edited by shghostell on Jul 16, 2015, 8:02:23 AM
while im leveling up in lower levels should i use items that give to STR, INT, or DEX?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info