Fallout 4

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
So all it takes is some random dude 20 hours in to discourage you from playing it? Man id hate to be that easily influenced

Not the random dude influences me, but the facts (game looks like shit and dialogue system has been butchered).

And you got all this from a 20min youtube video with shit quality? Wow, impressive!

FTR dialogue choices have been butchered since FO Tactics. Im over it. This is gonna be awesome.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Nov 2, 2015, 12:46:46 PM
Folks like Xav will have plenty of time in the first, few days after release to see what the actual finished product looks like. If the game is significantly better than that video indicates, there'll be no shortage of footage to show it. If it does suck as badly as some fear (or if, like me, you're willing to wait for more polish), then waiting until a cheaper, better version is available seems prudent. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
A great, if speculative, video about character builds in FO4:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sytlmGUQ-qQ

Still not digging the whole "28 points across your SPECIALs" at the start. Hopefully, some modder will provide an option for a 35 point start. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
This game's quickly been becoming one of those titles that I hope flops because my friends are way too hyped about it.

I understand being excited about a game coming out, but I don't understand how somebody can think a game they've never played is going to be amazing or the GOTY.

It really just seems to be a thing that follows with Bethesda titles. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely impressed with anything they've made since TES III: Morrowind.
Last edited by Stormquake on Nov 3, 2015, 3:28:03 PM
"
Stormquake wrote:
This game's quickly been becoming one of those titles that I hope flops because my friends are way too hyped about it.

I understand being excited about a game coming out, but I don't understand how somebody can think a game they've never played is going to be amazing or the GOTY.

It really just seems to be a thing that follows with Bethesda titles. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely impressed with anything they've made since TES III: Morrowind.

Keep dreaming. It will outsell everything this year except maybe blk ops 3 on its name alone.

E: I absolutely hated Morrowwind. I know im in the minority. Dif strokes
Last edited by TheWretch on Nov 3, 2015, 10:15:11 PM
I have been fairly obsessed with the series since I found and played Fallout 3 some time after its initial release. I bought the originals but never got into them much because of the game style, turn based must not be my thing with Civ as an exception. I have been super hyped ever since the announcement trailer debuted in the middle of my Dominus mf running this summer.

Sob story warning: TL;DR below
Now after finishing Flashback I realized that league was only helping me get through denial. I screwed up when picking out my computer for graduation from high school and thought I would actually use a laptop in class. Biggest lie I told myself at the time. Used it once and realized how distracted I could get if I ever felt bored in class. Been using it as a pseudo-desktop since. I have so desperately wanted a desktop since 6 months after I got the damn thing.

I was playing Tale of Two Wastelands most of the end of summer and start of the semester. So I thought when the system specs rolled out it wasn't a big deal my laptop did not actually meet anything in particular very well. i5-480m dual core, Geforce GT 425m 1gb, 6gb RAM, etc. I told myself it will work out and I could probably trade computers with my girlfriend if necessary since she knows my hype for this and I would relinquish her desktop for more important things. But her desktop isn't in any better shape than my laptop. APU no dedicated graphics, 8gb RAM.

Only now am I realizing that I was in denial about how screwed I am. I'm 10k in debt after I graduate with my undergraduate this semester (thanks FAFSA for not acknowledging that my father has never paid child support but still pretends he does), vehicle went into the scrapyard at the end of the summer due to the most expensive parts breaking out of nowhere, and I have been setting to work getting A's on my last classes so I can end college on a high note realizing I don't have the financial means to continue to graduate programs like I intended to. On the physical end of things an old knee cartilage injury is likely going to require a second surgery. Couple all of that with a $180 speeding ticket I received for the first time I ever messed up with cruise control settings and first time being pulled over in 7 years of driving and I'm darn right screwed financially with no energy to look ahead and start prepping for job interviews after the semester is over. Building even a minimum requirement computer for Fallout 4 is simply out of the question.

Fallout 4 was about the one thing holding me together. Probably wasn't the smartest thing to pin my hopes for stress relief from but it is. If my laptop or my girlfriend's desktop can't scrap by and get manageable fps to play on minimum settings next week, I'll get through everything but I can honestly say I'm not going to find any real enjoyment in anything except being with my girlfriend for the next year or so it takes me to find a job, save up enough after paying my bills and finally building a computer that will let me play unabated for a few years. I was planning on abandoning PoE next week because I wouldn't find it interesting in comparison. Now I probably just won't have interest in it regardless.

TL;DR - Laptop is ancient, vehicle scrapped need a new one, graduating with 10k debt, need knee surgery, not able to look for a full time or even part time job yet. Likely have no means to run Fallout 4 for months and it was the only thing making things not seem miserable. Get wrecked me. Yay...

At least posting this lets me blow off steam so I can focus on my last assignment for the night. Sorry for the personal crap-fest ranting.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Nov 3, 2015, 10:47:34 PM
^ Hang in there mate, we all go through shitty times, it will get better. Trust me. I really hope you can figure out a way to play it asap
"
TheWretch wrote:
^ Hang in there mate, we all go through shitty times, it will get better. Trust me. I really hope you can figure out a way to play it asap

This weekend I was feeling better because I had a bunch of T2 and T1 uniques that I could mess with from Flashback that I never had my hands on before. I was thinking about the fun I would have running builds, until the reality struck in that the only build I wanted to polish was my self-designed Dual Cameria's mfer by Xmas and only during my down times from playing F4.

Like I said. Yay... I'll get by though.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
So I was on the hype train, dusted off fallout 3, played it to completion over 2 weeks or so, enjoyed it immensely, though I did turn down the difficulty from very hard to normal after sneaking out to 112 because I was tired of sneaking across the wasteland to every new location to avoid fighting large groups of mixed enemies, (just run around with the radio on in normal and splatter the large groups, was losing motivation to boredom and wanted to finish the story).

I bought and loaded new vegas after fo3, and the hype train immediately left the station. Maybe I need to give new vegas a fairer shake, but fresh off of fo3, I just did not enjoy at all my first two hours of game play. It lacks the gravity of fo3, the visceral feeling. I am going to push myself to explore the game some more, but I don't know it just feels like a cheap cartoonish take. I am not nearly as excited about fo4 after trying new vegas, but I am reserving a spot to change my mind if new vegas draws me in.

Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Nov 4, 2015, 2:10:09 PM
"
LostForm wrote:
So I was on the hype train, dusted off fallout 3, played it to completion over 2 weeks or so, enjoyed it immensely, though I did turn down the difficulty from very hard to normal after sneaking out to 112 because I was tired of sneaking across the wasteland to every new location to avoid fighting large groups of mixed enemies, (just run around with the radio on in normal and splatter the large groups, was losing motivation to boredom and wanted to finish the story).

I bought and loaded new vegas after fo3, and the hype train immediately left the station. Maybe I need to give new vegas a fairer shake, but fresh off of fo3, I just did not enjoy at all my first two hours of game play. It lacks the gravity of fo3, the visceral feeling. I am going to push myself to explore the game some more, but I don't know it just feels like a cheap cartoonish take. I am not nearly as excited about fo4 after trying new vegas, but I am reserving a spot to change my mind if new vegas draws me in.

New Vegas has that satire-ish comedy in some of its story line like old world blues. Otherwise I do agree the gameplay seems a little flat because the Deathclaws to the north force anybody not cheating or putting way too much effort in sneaking past to go south and loop around. While it sets up nicely for the main story, it feels too guided and probably why i rarely make it to New Vegas in new playthroughs. Right when I get to the outskirts of the city I feel like replaying a different character and you rinse and repeat until the starting path is utterly boring.

On the other hand, The Lonesome Road has one of the most satisfying and emotion-filled story line that makes the entire game fall into place so worth the boring start.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info