Legacy items are bullshit

I don't see why you care OP. you want the game shut down. Legacy items go to the dump league, where they rot for eternity. I have legacy gear , and it sits in my stash in standard and looks all legacy like.

I don't see a problem.
"
Xtorma wrote:
I don't see why you care OP. you want the game shut down. Legacy items go to the dump league, where they rot for eternity. I have legacy gear , and it sits in my stash in standard and looks all legacy like.

I don't see a problem.

If you dont care help a starving "dump" player plz and hand it over.
Git R Dun!
Too many posters in this thread are engaging in Standard-bashing. Guys, we play this game (and probably videogames in general) differently from each other. It's OK. This town is big enough for the both of us.

Standard remains an important part of PoE, and an anchor lest the game change too drastically and too rapidly (I already think some of the changes in Act 4 are a bit drastic, but w/e) because doing that will also drive away a lot of players. I know GGG doesn't care about the economy in Standard, but Standard can survive with a flawed economy - as long as peoples' builds don't get irreparably broken. Legacies don't break builds, and updated versions of uniques still work just as well for any solid build. So I'm OK with them, even though I can't afford them (I do have some random cheap legacies of stuff that's changed only over the last few months, but no shavs or whatnot).
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
After wading through seven pages of mostly bullshit, I think I forgot why legacy items are bad.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
After wading through seven pages of mostly bullshit, I think I forgot why legacy items are bad.

Something something people can't get the best gear as drops anymore....
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I havnt wasted my time at the advice of reading only a couple posts on this first page of people like
goetzjam and such because thinks to them i dont need to they pretty much summed it up!

But this is what I have to say about Legacy items and my personal experience with them!

These are the 2 i have that i can think of ATM both are in standard and heres the best part...
BOTH were bought for around 2 Exaled EACH! I also would like for you to keep in mind i didnt play this game since open beta because of things i had going on at the time and such! But both of these were acquired within the first 4 months i was playing in standard! Ive now been back around 8 months i guess something like that! Of course i linked both of them up myself but the point of this whole Legacy thing is... if you dont like Legacy items them you certainly cant hold such an opinion on the grounds that only high end rich players are only ones who can use them because i just proved that is simply untrue! If you would like to run these Legacy items theres actually countless ones being sold everyday! And the prices are continually going down because of the amount of them that exist!

The fact of the matter is im not a big fan of legacy items myself but my reasoning is much more simple..
If an item was deemed way to powerful in its current state then why not fix ALL of them that way!
And ofcourse as you might imagine this question has already been asked countless times and the same answer given everytime! Which from there you can only come to one other conclusion.. they exist and they ONLY exist in standard! GGG decided that this is the easiest way to deal with such items with the least amount of bitching! Which from my time in this game is like walking on eggshells!

The other reason im not too big on Legacy items is also when im running a build and testing how viable it would be for me to take that concept into HC i cant use these items if i REALLY want to know how the build performs so thats why on such builds i simply avoid such items! But ANY reason i can come up with for why im not big on them... i still cant come up with a reason why they hurt anything either! Because they dont hurt anyone or anything at all! Myself included like i said... if im running a build in standard to learn about it and how it would do in another league then i simply save money and avoid them!

Another thing people have to understand is whats done is done! Legacy items do exist and if GGG was do something like remove all of them or downgrade them while in some eyes this would be the perfect solution to many MANY other PAYING consumers this would mean the end of them not only playing anymore but contributing to the game as well! I still dont understand why so many people are even concerned with legacy items in a league most of you claim you dont even play to begin with!
They do not effect the Temp leagues and to my knowledge thats the REAL backbone of this game anyway and the vast majority play anyway! So again Legacy items effect no one but the people in standard!
And because of the way not only Temp Leagues work as well as HC leagues EVERYTHING in this game feeds right back down into standard at some point meaning that naturally there is going to be more of everything in that league! And the prices of things and types of items you can and can not sale in standard in comparison to temp leagues is simply a reflection of that!

Legacy items are simply items GGG felt was too much for Temp League progression and they adjusted them to better suit how temp leagues function within the game! But left in the game in their state they were found for the players who dont take extended breaks and who have played every league and such! Hell the more i think about it Legacy items to me is more of a reward for players who have stayed and kept playing for all this time! And the people bitching about how they cant afford them need to realize this! If you want these items you have to earn them just as the players who have continually played the game without stopped have! And if you are one of the ones who took a break and missed out of a chance at having one of these items then its gonna have to cost you another way for taking that break! Thus why they are so expensive!

The 2 items i have i didnt even go out of my way to aquire them i just seen they were just as easy to buy and link up as any other version of the chest so why not! I have to admit though considering i have one of each version of the coil that the difference isnt even THAT huge! And they are in standard so once i start the next temp league or start running in HC they will still do nothing for me anyway so im just not seeing what all the fuss is about with Legacy items and how they effect anything really!

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 19, 2015, 12:05:46 PM
Wouldn't a more appropriate anecdote to start this thread have been:

Guy buys a 2014 sportscar. Powerful 400 horsepower engine. Max speed of 200 whatevers per hour.

Some people complain that the car is OP and makes too much noise. You don't need such a big engine to drive on the roads we have.

Government leaders know that there are more people without 400 hp cars than with, so in order to ensure votes and reelection, they make a law that says all future cars are to be limited to 360 hp. They think verybody should be fine with that as it can still get you to your destination pretty fast.

The people who pressured lawmakers in the first place are outraged that the 2014 cars aren't required to get their engine replaced by the 2015 360 hp version. It's not enough to them that no new cars will be 400 hp. They want them all destroyed. Some even complain that the reason they should all be destroyed is that they can't get a new one themselves. If they want one they are forced to buy one that already exists from somebody else.

The people who own the 2014 cars are outraged that people are trying to take away something they worked hard for.

To be continued when somebody finds a way to make everybody happy.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 19, 2015, 12:02:12 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Wouldn't a more appropriate anecdote to start this thread have been:

Guy buys a 2014 sportscar. Powerful 400 horsepower engine. Max speed of 200 whatevers per hour.

Some people complain that the car is OP and makes too much noise. You don't need such a big engine to drive on the roads we have.

Government leaders know that there are more people without 400 hp cars than with, so in order to ensure votes and reelection, they make a law that says all future cars are to be limited to 360 hp. They think verybody should be fine with that as it can still get you to your destination pretty fast.

The people who pressured lawmakers in the first place are outraged that the 2014 cars aren't required to get their engine replaced by the 2015 360 hp version. It's not enough to them that no new cars will be 400 hp. They want them all destroyed. Some even complain that the reason they should all be destroyed is that they can't get a new one themselves. If they want one they are forced to buy one that already exists from somebody else.

The people who own the 2014 cars are outraged that people are trying to take away something they worked hard for.

To be continued when somebody finds a way to make everybody happy.

Yeah THIS i can understand what your trying to get at alot better than the OPs version!
And this makes alot of sense and leads right back to what i was saying earlier... no matter what GGG does now at this point SOMEONE is not gonna like ANY of the options to do anything about their existance anyway! Someone is gonna be pissed no matter what they do about them now so the best course of action is what we have now... they exist in standard/perm league only!

This is basically my only issue with Legacy items to begin with! They shouldnt even exist at all!
When the changes was made to these items they should have all been changed retroactive from day one!
But now because thats not the way it was done (And for good reasons as well from what ive seen GGG say about it) now we have items that exist that really shouldn't exist at all but they do and doing anything to simply change that now will only create even more problems! so just leave it alone whats done is done!
Last edited by Demonoz on May 19, 2015, 12:13:43 PM
Legacy Showcase Thread!!!

Last edited by brutalrazial on May 19, 2015, 12:11:53 PM
"
brutalrazial wrote:
Legacy Showcase Thread!!!

Jesus Christ on a Popsicle stick.. NOW i know why people say WOE use to be really badass but not anymore! Now i know what people are talking about with WOE+BOR combo and how OP it was! \m/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info