(Nov 26) This weekend's 3 hour ladder event

This weekend, we're going to run a temporary three hour league with prizes to the top placed people.

It will run from 10am to 1pm New Zealand time on Sunday (Nov 27 2011). This is 9pm-midnight UTC on Saturday November 26. Here is a link for more time zone conversions.

The league will be hardcore. Characters who die will be moved out of this league and into the Default league. NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE CREATED IN THIS LEAGUE TO BE ELIGIBLE. After the end of the league, they'll be moved back into the normal Hardcore or Default league depending on whether they died. STASHED ITEMS IN THIS LEAGUE WILL BE LOST.

The game version will be whatever the current 0.9.3 version is. Please note that because this is a hardcore league, a single death can disqualify you. It's very dangerous to base your builds around nova-like skills!

Our decision on the winners is final. Bugs and mistakes will get in the way for many players and this is why we are running an event like this. If you lose your ability to participate due to a bug, please tell us about it and we'll do our best to fix it. We can't change the outcome of the event due to this.

Prizes: The top character of each class at the end of the three hours will be awarded a unique item that may only be obtained through weekly events like this one. The item is tradeable and will be given to the character that participated in the league.

The winners must be still alive at the end of the event to be eligible for prizes.

To clarify - you can use the prize on an existing character. Your competition character will be moved to the default hardcore league (because it's still alive). If you want to move the prize to the non-hardcore league, you can easily put it on a new character and kill that character.

Please tell other Beta members about this event so that they all know. You're allowed to mention it to the public, of course.

If you intend to stream your play in it, let us know so that we can compile a thread of streams for people to watch.

EDIT: We are adding an additional prize! All characters that are still alive and are level 20+ at the end of the event will be considered for a spot prize (drawn at random) which is the same unique item given to the winners. So that's the top person of each class based on experience and also one person drawn at random from the people who are level 20+ and still alive.

EDIT2:
Thanks for a great event, everyone! Jonathan and I died at level 15 but had a good time chatting with you guys and watching the race :D

Winners are:
Witch: Zealotlol (TouristII)
Templar: Yeahpete (MrPink)
Duelist: TobyTheEneMy (Winning)
Ranger: Elegia (Windi)
Marauder: Youcantaim (HulkSmashing)
Random: Yoshirouu (Racewish)

The prize is:
Unavailable
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 26, 2011, 7:16:07 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Chris wrote:

Prizes: The top character of each class at the end of the three hours will be awarded a unique item that may only be obtained through weekly events like this one. The item is tradeable and will be given to the character that participated in the league.

weekly...!??

I am looking forward to this! Hopefully I can place well again.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Timing is good for me this time. I'll try to participate in the event (solo). In the same time I hope we'll see the masters of the passive tree (you know who I'm referring to) at the top and then I'll be able to believe they are not just speculating about things...
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
Last edited by permaximum on Nov 22, 2011, 5:51:58 PM
Bah! That'll be smack dab in the middle of my bi-weekly D&D game this week. But if this really is a weekly thing, I look forward to getting destroyed on the ladder next week!
"
FaceLicker wrote:
I can see true uniques as possibly being rewards maybe for people who win a ladder game or maybe something else along those lines.

The dev's DO listen =D
Question: How long before the start of the league will we be able to create our characters? If we cant create until after the league start then we're wasting precious seconds!
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Question: How long before the start of the league will we be able to create our characters? If we cant create until after the league start then we're wasting precious seconds!

An hour, I believe.

The start time may change each week, btw.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Nice ! I won't be able to participate this time though. I wouldn't be fast enough anyway ^^
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Nov 22, 2011, 6:02:59 PM
sounds like fun but doubt ill win this.
IGN: Farmerino
3:00 PM Central Standard time for me. Count me in how do I enter?
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info