(Nov 26) This weekend's 3 hour ladder event

"
Most likely. It gives them a head start, at least.

Big time. My first action after getting to level 2 was to rush straight for the Glyphs quest to get the Frost Nova. It's actually a respectable alternative to Shock Nova cheese if you put the Lightning Damage support on it (3-4 hits on regular enemies of similar level).

Rushing Frost Nova, equipping a shield, and getting some hit recovery and energy shield items while rushing for the three closest fast cast speed clusters allows you to effectively "stunlock" very, very large groups of enemies.

The only danger are champions packs you fail to notice because of the stupid name lock on thing, they have too much HP to be chilled on every hit and don't go into a hit recovery animation every strike.

I actually used Frost Nova a ton even after I had a high level Shock Nova because it is more efficient/safer at wiping out things like placeholder squidies at end of act 2.
Last edited by konfeta on Nov 27, 2011, 11:34:36 AM
I too found myself using the ice nova (which I found ^^) to clear squids while farming that place. I probably should've farmed thicket a bit beforehand. Should've got Lightning for nova over Fire for Glacial Hammer in retrospect.

The levels you get, even if you don't kill everything while doing all the A2 side quests puts you way above Pools & Streams.
"
Lazze wrote:
I wonder if it ever been up? Might be "under construction"
(I have not seen it either)
The ladder was up the entire time; I had it on my second monitor so I could track my ranking while I played. After the event was done, the characters were all moved to Default/normal Hardcore, so... No more ladder.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
The reason the ladder is gone for the event is because we migrated the characters into the main league after the event.

Unfortunately our ladder page just shows characters currently in the selected league.

We will have a solution to this at some point, and then we will be able to keep historical ladders.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Looks like the event was great fun and successful, such a shame I couldn't participate because I have an exam tomorrow ._. gratz to all the winners!

When's the next event? :p
Got beta key on 15/11/2011, thanks dave01
"
Jonathan wrote:
The reason the ladder is gone for the event is because we migrated the characters into the main league after the event.

Unfortunately our ladder page just shows characters currently in the selected league.

We will have a solution to this at some point, and then we will be able to keep historical ladders.

Awesome THX.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info