(Nov 26) This weekend's 3 hour ladder event

There should be PvP afterwards so I could rape the two other Rangers :D
how many people did participate?
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
so bad my m8 (hoe) died in act2 norm :/
first he leeches my xp and then he chills xD
[IGN] "Zealotchen"
Nice race, everyone! Looking forward to the next one. My favorite moment was probably typing /ladder and seeing Coordinator at the top.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Wait, you maintained that pace WITH a leecher?

What the hell were your items made off?
@konfeta

I really think ranger was fun to play.

I was going with ilvl-4 white bow till clvl-10, then ilvl-10 blue bow till clvl-12. Char's gear was really really crap. Still I've managed to hit lvl12 in less than an hour (killed the unique doggy in the prisoner's gate and the race ended)

Still I want a poison arrow buff.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
Well, ranger, to me, feels somewhat adequate until Act 2 (with the ranger, I can go quite a bit longer without spending any passive points unlike a Witch). Then his damage just drops like a rock and he needs a billion good items to start being fun to play with again.

It's, the AoE, really. As a Witch, I can take risks like jump in the middle of bunch of enemies and start nova spam. There is more control to kiting. Ranger can't deliver either.
Last edited by konfeta on Nov 26, 2011, 7:47:33 PM
Well that was - interesting. Making it an hour shorter than the last rush I took part in was a good move, four hours is a bit long to keep focus.

Chose a marauder for survivability basically, seeing as the HC thing was a factor. I used the "grab whatever 2h weapon drops" build so staffs and maces finally yielded to axes based on damage alone. I lost my ground slam but it was a necessary sacrifice :)

Running solo, things went steadily. I had to avoid a couple of physical reflect aura bosses, not good for a neanderthal's health 0.0 and the lack of mana flask or tp scroll drops slowed things down especially thru the prison areas.

Merveil nearly did me in, it's a tricky business negotiating her lair with only a millimeter of visibility. The cop out tp to town and back solved that dilemma at least. Getting mobbed by sixteen gazillion monkeys in arrival in Act 2 was another matter, it sure doesn't pay to panic and run around wildly, attraction even more of the little f***ers :(

So I was happy to run down the clock at clvl 17 with my skin intact. Good game, lotta fun and I echo the sentiments of those who have suggested a solo only league at some point later on. Gratz to the winners, who knew witches would rule the roost once again :)
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.
Will they get to keep their unique when Open Beta/Release hits?

Also, these amulets are going to be more common than mirrors. I wonder if we can use an Orb of Chance to create one? I'd like to test it.

(And of course you can't use a mirror to copy a unique. Bleh.)

I don't think I really want one of these - I get more rarity increase from my current rare amulet. The size increase is purely graphical, and the elemental resist is niche.

Feel free to buff them a bit, Grinding Gear team! How about 1-2% of total health/mana restored on a kill?
IRON MAN
Hm, general feedback:

-The race sort of lost its luster by the time you reach Cruel. After that it was just attempting efficient grinding. Perhaps experiment with a 2h to 2h-30m range?

-The random truly is an epic pivotal point. I got extremely good drops at first (found a Raise Zombie gem, had a constant flow of flask upgrades as I went forward, and most importantly, found a 2 blue link Wand and a Focus, both with +1 Lightning Skills). Pretty sure its the only reason I got catapulted so far ahead towards the end of the race, my Shock Nova and Spark were doing far more damage than they had any business doing.

-Nerf Shock Nova.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info