Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Crandore wrote:
Not liking this change. Obtaining and leveling a enlighten gem is a herculean feat. To bad I always enjoyed running auras playing with sockets/tree to make everything work. I hope this can be tweaked. Skill tree gems are cool but rather not spend 2 or 3 points for what was 1 socket.

No one will, and anyone who likes the change of enlighten shouldnt be human unless they hav a lvl 4 enlighten already...
And despite the so called "Improvements" my summon build which could do 8 total auras, can now do only 6...yup, that's what I would call an improvement.... if I were retarded.

I was under the impression this game wasn't Alpha or Beta, so why are they still forcing stupid changes on us? how many times do we have to change our builds before you stop strong-arming us? And a small protip - NEVER remove features, ever. change them. balance them. never remove.
You don't need enlighten, 12% reduction that doesn't stack additively with other aura reductions doesn't really have much of an affect at all. It certainly doesn't affect how many auras you can run, just a small impact on available mana.

Now, if the gem provided "reduced mana reservation" like alpha helm, that would be worth doing.
Worst change in the awakening.
skeleton man
Why is reduced mana gem even in the game now ? its so useless...why would anyone use it over another support gem?
IGN - Endoplasm
"
Why is reduced mana gem even in the game now ? its so useless...why would anyone use it over another support gem?

They wont. I don't. All my Mana Reduction gems are now gathering dust, never to be used again as I'm sure 99.99% of other players are too.

All in all the hardest hit by this is builds that use 'barely there' reduction from old mana gems to get a few auras, such as haste/discipline, where as now 2 worth-while auras is 100% reserved mana which in turn means the need for a bloodmagic gem (wasn't it suppose to FREE a socket up?) and bloodmagic node can't be taken because it would reserve 100% life....

Personally I think this change sounds forced, like some no-life farmer who pays (yes, PAYS) alot complained about too many people running aura builds and GGG catered to what they wanted done. Obviously they don't give a shit what average players think, since they didn't roll the change back.

Notice as well please, that they offered no free skill tree resets for this, so we're all stuck with half-working builds, and spare aura gems we can't work into those builds anymore. (why don't they just make skill trees indefinitely reset-able? stop wasting our time!)

I have two Enlighten gems as well, and still think this change is utter rubbish.

At least take a poll about changes like these instead of forcing them on us!
It is indeed a retarded change.. unless they start giving out free level 4 enlighten gems to everyone who needed reduce mana to have working builds.. but lets get real, this is GGG.. they never really seem to listen to most of the players....
generally dangerous
This was just one of many incredibly stupid decisions made by GGG for 2.0
After playing under these conditions for a few days I came to realize how much I relied on the MP Gems in a lot of my character builds...ten minutes of playing and I feel like logging out.

I'm done with this game until they fix this, and should they not fix it, they'll get no more money out of me. I've better games to play that don't rape my playing style(s), and that's all this game does, slowly but surely, rapes every play style till it becomes unusable - Leech builds, Aura builds, and combination builds, its devolved into a has-been hack-n-slash where despite giving players freedom of gear/skill trees gates them with ever increasing difficulty, penalties, and drop rate restrictons/nerfs which forces them to to play balanced builds or die relentlessly over and over loosing all progress (which is what RPG's are all about) the only "role" we play in PoE is punching bag, and anyone who accepts changes like these is a whipped dog.
"
ablindperson wrote:
After playing under these conditions for a few days I came to realize how much I relied on the MP Gems in a lot of my character builds...ten minutes of playing and I feel like logging out.

I'm done with this game until they fix this, and should they not fix it, they'll get no more money out of me. I've better games to play that don't rape my playing style(s), and that's all this game does, slowly but surely, rapes every play style till it becomes unusable - Leech builds, Aura builds, and combination builds, its devolved into a has-been hack-n-slash where despite giving players freedom of gear/skill trees gates them with ever increasing difficulty, penalties, and drop rate restrictons/nerfs which forces them to to play balanced builds or die relentlessly over and over loosing all progress (which is what RPG's are all about) the only "role" we play in PoE is punching bag, and anyone who accepts changes like these is a whipped dog.

I've been in PoE before 95% of the kids here for years... and one thing I learned about GGG is they build the game to their vision, not necessary yours or mine. Sure they sometimes cave for the rich kids that run around with 2000 exalt worth of gear sometimes but that's about it.

So you either learn how to play the game again or you leave, thats unfortunately just how it is.

Most people I know that has enlighten 4 doesnt mind these change at all. Whereas the rest trying to shell out 25ex for an enlighten 4 gem or two since the leveling process to get enlighten to 3 is insanely long, and then you pray to the RNG god when you finally get to vaal them.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info