Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

The socket pressure is simply replaced by Enlighten, which is far more difficult to acquire and level, especially in a Temp League context.

There is no player or character that does not have access to Reduced Mana.

This seems like a slight QoL change for early levels/newer players and a massive punitive change for the later stages of a character.

Those are my initial reactions, seems like a one step forward two steps back kinda change. Hopefully something productive comes of it in the Beta process.

Noblesse oblige
Is Enlighten going to become more easy to find because of this change? I think I might have found one once and never again, and I don't think I know anyone with more than one.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
One step forward one step back.

If I have an aura socketed, give me ONE reason why I wouldn't socket enlightenment with it? It's just a bonus that I'll always take in my final build.
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
"A very high-level Enlighten." Please forgive me if I'm missing something, but even a corrupted level 4 Enlighten would need the bonus from a Voideye to match a level 21 Reduced Mana...which would, of course, be useless, since it can't link to anything.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
TheMaker51 wrote:
Is Enlighten going to become more easy to find because of this change? I think I might have found one once and never again, and I don't think I know anyone with more than one.

even if you find it you will need to get to about level 95 to get the gem to level 3, then you will have to pray to rng that it gets the +1 level, or you can pay 50+ exalt to buy one. Hurray for change.
"
even if you find it you will need to get to about level 95 to get the gem to level 3, then you will have to pray to rng that it gets the +1 level, or you can pay 50+ exalt to buy one. Hurray for change.

you have to do that with reduced mana as well, they almost tripled the required exp from 1-20 in total.
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
This change is good but the Enlighten change is not. You are basically just shifting the problem from one gem to another. People will go from requiring reduced mana, to requiring Enlighten. By making it a rarer gem, it'll make it that much harder for people to get it.

People won't just say "Oh, no need to use Enlighten" They WILL include it, every time, because it will benefit every single build that uses auras.

My advice, stick to reservation being lowered by uniques and jewels.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on May 7, 2015, 11:45:12 PM
You freed up slots for Reduced Mana by replacing it with now mandatory lvl 4 Enlighten?

0/10
"
Loreweaver wrote:
"A very high-level Enlighten." Please forgive me if I'm missing something, but even a corrupted level 4 Enlighten would need the bonus from a Voideye to match a level 21 Reduced Mana...which would, of course, be useless, since it can't link to anything.

I don't think the point is that Enlighten matches exactly to the old meta, but that with the Enlighten bonus they either have to:

1)Balance basically identically to the way the do now. This makes Enlighten mandatory, and changes nothing except for pricing basically the entire player base out.

2) Balance as is reduced multipliers for mana reservation are extremely limited, leaving the vast majority of players in roughly the same state plus one gem slot....and providing and incredibly broken power boost to anyone able to afford a lvl 4 empower.

Neither of these things is good. Can you imagine the insanity an incredibly wealthy player could out together with lower base aura reservation, lvl 4 empower, and a low life BM build with 60‰ less reservation? Because it'll be coming if this goes live.
"
AmbushRacer wrote:

yeah well remember coming from the peeps who call this a "small" balance patch.

I called it that, because it was a small patch, because it was only balance. Patches with area changes, and major code changes are more complicated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info