Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Pewzor wrote:
"
ablindperson wrote:
After playing under these conditions for a few days I came to realize how much I relied on the MP Gems in a lot of my character builds...ten minutes of playing and I feel like logging out.

I'm done with this game until they fix this, and should they not fix it, they'll get no more money out of me. I've better games to play that don't rape my playing style(s), and that's all this game does, slowly but surely, rapes every play style till it becomes unusable - Leech builds, Aura builds, and combination builds, its devolved into a has-been hack-n-slash where despite giving players freedom of gear/skill trees gates them with ever increasing difficulty, penalties, and drop rate restrictons/nerfs which forces them to to play balanced builds or die relentlessly over and over loosing all progress (which is what RPG's are all about) the only "role" we play in PoE is punching bag, and anyone who accepts changes like these is a whipped dog.

I've been in PoE before 95% of the kids here for years... and one thing I learned about GGG is they build the game to their vision, not necessary yours or mine. Sure they sometimes cave for the rich kids that run around with 2000 exalt worth of gear sometimes but that's about it.

So you either learn how to play the game again or you leave, thats unfortunately just how it is.

Most people I know that has enlighten 4 doesnt mind these change at all. Whereas the rest trying to shell out 25ex for an enlighten 4 gem or two since the leveling process to get enlighten to 3 is insanely long, and then you pray to the RNG god when you finally get to vaal them.

Oh they will, or they'll lose money - it's not about what they want in the least, because what they want is our money. They changed it, they can change it back, or they'll pay the price.

They and anyone else who disagrees are sadly mistaken if they think this clone is the only game people have to play, intrinsic with games as a whole it's player base and the money that comes with them moves to the newer, more polished products - and this game is far from 'new' or 'polished', when you introduce nerfs to a game that's already ageing, badly I might add, you essentially chase away people who played because of those features.

Once again developers, you never remove features, ever. you balance them, you move them, but you never REmove them. People sometimes don't learn from their mistakes, but only fools don't learn from other peoples mistakes, and gaming has a whole lot of mistakes to learn from.

Even rats and insects have the capacity to learn, so I hope they can learn too. The voices on the grape-vine are sayin' some nice new games are coming out soon, which means more space will have to be...freed up...from my HDD...PoE is currently the #1 candidate, it sounds silly over 1 change, but this change affected more of my builds than I thought, and I wont waste any more time on a floundering has-been if I can't play the way I want (The way it has always been up till now).
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
ablindperson wrote:
After playing under these conditions for a few days I came to realize how much I relied on the MP Gems in a lot of my character builds...ten minutes of playing and I feel like logging out.

I'm done with this game until they fix this, and should they not fix it, they'll get no more money out of me. I've better games to play that don't rape my playing style(s), and that's all this game does, slowly but surely, rapes every play style till it becomes unusable - Leech builds, Aura builds, and combination builds, its devolved into a has-been hack-n-slash where despite giving players freedom of gear/skill trees gates them with ever increasing difficulty, penalties, and drop rate restrictons/nerfs which forces them to to play balanced builds or die relentlessly over and over loosing all progress (which is what RPG's are all about) the only "role" we play in PoE is punching bag, and anyone who accepts changes like these is a whipped dog.

I've been in PoE before 95% of the kids here for years... and one thing I learned about GGG is they build the game to their vision, not necessary yours or mine. Sure they sometimes cave for the rich kids that run around with 2000 exalt worth of gear sometimes but that's about it.

So you either learn how to play the game again or you leave, thats unfortunately just how it is.

Most people I know that has enlighten 4 doesnt mind these change at all. Whereas the rest trying to shell out 25ex for an enlighten 4 gem or two since the leveling process to get enlighten to 3 is insanely long, and then you pray to the RNG god when you finally get to vaal them.

If you have a lvl 4 enlighten sitting around gathering dust and are willing to sell it for 25ex, hit me up! I'd be glad to take a few and sell em for the 70ex that they're going for.
"
pileboredzor wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
ablindperson wrote:

If you have a lvl 4 enlighten sitting around gathering dust and are willing to sell it for 25ex, hit me up! I'd be glad to take a few and sell em for the 70ex that they're going for.

Thanks for confirming the problem with reduced mana gem usefulness removal being next to insane. I have only 1 enlighten 4 gem that I used on my CoE LL Windripper Witch. Enlighten is simply way too valuable which is weird since this is against GGG's initial goal when they nerfed reduced mana gem.

GGG literally denied most of the players ingame but allowed the same "broken" mechanics to exist for the rich kids only.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
ablindperson wrote:

Oh they will, or they'll lose money - it's not about what they want in the least, because what they want is our money. They changed it, they can change it back, or they'll pay the price.

They and anyone else who disagrees are sadly mistaken if they think this clone is the only game people have to play, intrinsic with games as a whole it's player base and the money that comes with them moves to the newer, more polished products - and this game is far from 'new' or 'polished', when you introduce nerfs to a game that's already ageing, badly I might add, you essentially chase away people who played because of those features.

Once again developers, you never remove features, ever. you balance them, you move them, but you never REmove them. People sometimes don't learn from their mistakes, but only fools don't learn from other peoples mistakes, and gaming has a whole lot of mistakes to learn from.

Even rats and insects have the capacity to learn, so I hope they can learn too. The voices on the grape-vine are sayin' some nice new games are coming out soon, which means more space will have to be...freed up...from my HDD...PoE is currently the #1 candidate, it sounds silly over 1 change, but this change affected more of my builds than I thought, and I wont waste any more time on a floundering has-been if I can't play the way I want (The way it has always been up till now).

Entitled and condescending as fuck... you sound like an edgy 15 year old.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Starting after a 3 years break, I was realy looking forward for my reduced gem aura combination I had back then in beta. Then I realized they changed how it work's and I was lik "wtf?!?!". This combination felt so statisfieing somehow and showed how powerful gems can synergies. Now it's crippled and just the very rich ones can have the privilege to play with more auras.

I'm rely dissapointed about this change. I don't even want to equip any aura at all cause this even reminds me on that senseless change
"
Rory wrote:
We're trying out a change to aura costs, the Reduced Mana support, and the Enlighten gem on Beta. This change involves reducing the base mana reservation on reservation skills, changing the Reduced Mana gem to only apply to costs but with a much greater reduction, and having the Enlighten support gem reduce reservation and cost at lower values than Reduced Mana gave.

These are the intended results of the change:
As they no longer work with Reduced Mana, we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana, and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels.
Enlighten becomes a much more desirable support. It now gives an option for end-game builds that are willing to give up sockets to reduce reservation, without the support being so impactful that every build that uses auras feels that it's absolutely necessary.
Reduced Mana can have much higher values than previously, making it a better choice for reducing skill mana costs.

It's worth noting that a very high level Enlighten gem can reduce aura reservation costs to the point of the old Reduced Mana support and below, and that aura reservation costs are now often lower than otherwise possible until player level 45. We're also planning to increase the power of Mana passives in the tree that will give mana constrained builds more access to larger total mana pools.

Apparently they have no intention of reverting this worthless change, nor were they honest with information regarding the changes.

Obviously whoever requested that they change it is paying them more than they make off average players,since the change isn't reverting, so I wont feel bad about dropping this crappy game. I'll just add Grinding Gear Games to my list of sell-out companies to ignore in the future, not that they'll be prevalent in the future either.

By the way, water doesn't flow up or towards waterfalls or rivers (Tora's Hideout) you worthless designers, seriously, how fail can you get without spontaneously combusting in a fiery shower of stupid lol?
"
Rory wrote:
We're trying out a change to aura costs, the Reduced Mana support, and the Enlighten gem on Beta. This change involves reducing the base mana reservation on reservation skills, changing the Reduced Mana gem to only apply to costs but with a much greater reduction, and having the Enlighten support gem reduce reservation and cost at lower values than Reduced Mana gave.

These are the intended results of the change:
As they no longer work with Reduced Mana, we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana, and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels.
Enlighten becomes a much more desirable support. It now gives an option for end-game builds that are willing to give up sockets to reduce reservation, without the support being so impactful that every build that uses auras feels that it's absolutely necessary.
Reduced Mana can have much higher values than previously, making it a better choice for reducing skill mana costs.

It's worth noting that a very high level Enlighten gem can reduce aura reservation costs to the point of the old Reduced Mana support and below, and that aura reservation costs are now often lower than otherwise possible until player level 45. We're also planning to increase the power of Mana passives in the tree that will give mana constrained builds more access to larger total mana pools.

Ok after going from Beta all the way upto 1.0 and now coming back in time for 2.0 I have to say this is one of the worst changes in this game ever. The majority of skills are still 50% and a handful are 25%. You are limiting all but the richest characters in game to 2-3 usable auras at most and now the rich are even richer with the usability/value of the enlighten gem. Not to mention all the wasted time on reduced mana gems. I mean seriously you might as well remove reduced mana from the game as its only value was really for auras. This is not a change that makes me want to stay. I hope that yall have not finished balancing the reservation costs or the reservation nodes..
IGN: DeathIsMyBestFriend, Illirianah
I dont understand why we have this enlighten gem... I fully support putting an end to builds that use too many auras but with this gem you are basically allowing this to continue for a much smaller elite group of rich players.

Please remove enlighten and let people find a way to make viable late game builds with just 1 or 2 auras.

As for reduced mana, GGG should think of a way to improve it because as it stands it is completely useless.
Last edited by mirage2k640 on Jul 30, 2015, 4:38:30 AM
Seems to me that to make this change viable, you need to make Enlighten more easy to obtain, perhaps through Divination Cards?
This is still the worst change GGG has ever made to the game. The logic behind it is stupid, they're not listening to feedback on it and blood magic has never been in a worse place (unless you're fine with running zero reservation skills, in which case the life is nice). Moving the functionality from a gem everyone gets to a super rare gem which takes most of a league to level claiming it wasn't "accessible" is just icing on the cake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info