Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

PLEASE PROVIDE SOMEONE INFORMATION WHAT HAPPENS WITH CLEAN BRICKED LVL3 ENLIGHTENS
AFTER PATCH

THX POE BROTHERS

So now I have to get like 100 Enlighten gems somehow for my characters on Standard? Can you convert all the existing Reduced Mana gems into Enlightens? Nobody used the reduced mana part, everybody needs the reduced reservation.
By far the worse change in poe in recent history, completely illogical.
Even something basic like 1 aura and 1 herald is no longer particularly viable, (leaving 25% mana is really poor) and there is practically nothing you can do about it. There will never be enough enlighten gems, and for those that primarily play hc (like me) its a total joke considering spending a fortune to buy a gem knowing you will rip far earlier than it wil be beneficial. The change does not consider hardcore play at all, and that's as much a problem as the stupid demand there will be for it (demand will be far greater than drops). In fact its all illogical, reduced mana gems were so easy to get once they became available for all (excellent change) and how does changing from one to another reduce socket pressure? As for being end game players we all want to be that, but its just a stupid restriction. And what are people going to do in the permanent leagues, especially hc where they have a smaller quantity of enlighten gems and all builds are coloured for the red reduced mana gem? (I dont play perma leagues but I can appreciate this being another relevant aspect to players). They can't even switch characters anymore lolol

SOLUTION: either go back to reduced mana (access for all) or, even better imo (and saves face!), simply eliminate these stupid compulsory gems and drop mana reservation costs across the board to compensate, or better still make them drop as the auras/herald gems level up (this would keep the idea of progression alive, and could even make successful corrupted aura gems finally desirable!). Please consider some solution, I don't think there has been any positive feedback, surely there is a reason for this!
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Jul 10, 2015, 12:05:09 PM
The entire purpose of reduced mana gems was to support auras. You may as well remove them from the game now, they are completely worthless. It would have been far better to just make them legacy and change enlighten. As it is, only the super rich will have access to the gems they need and their builds will largely be unchanged.
Last edited by Cestus on Jul 10, 2015, 12:15:43 PM
"
Onix095 wrote:
The main point you are missing is that mana reservation costs HAVE BEEN LOWERED ACROSS THE BOARD.

"
DirePenguin wrote:
If running a certain gem makes mana reductions cheaper, allowing for more auras to be run, then everyone will do it and all builds will 'require' it just as much as they do now -- regardless of the name or color of the gem.

This notion is the exact thing GG is trying to fix... By lowering mana reservation costs across the board and having the new interaction with EB they have allowed you to reserve 100% of your mana with 2 50%, or 1x 50%/2x 25% auras and still be able to cast spells WITHOUT ANY SKILL POINT INVESTMENT OR GEM INVESTMENT.

Beyond that, you should not be able to run more auras without any investment. That is the part of balancing that people choose to ignore because it negatively affects them.

You couldn't before. To run 2 60% auras + 1 herald, you would need a 20/20 RM plus some skill tree investment. This change is just stupid, as well as pointless, and does nothing to make the game more enjoyable or balanced. All it does it piss everyone off, along with making certain builds annoyingly inaccessible (unless you have 50+ ex just laying around to by a lvl 4 Enlighten)
Last edited by DirePenguin on Jul 10, 2015, 2:11:17 PM
Heck, I'd have accepted the fact that you nerfed Reduced Mana because it was so ridiculously easy to get hold of, and so incredibly useful because it was able to be used on auras. But your guys's logic just baffles the holy crap out of me. You say you nerfed Reduced Mana because some people couldn't access it? REALLY?!

Reduced Mana is offered as a freaking quest reward, plus it drops often enough to where you shouldn't really have a problem finding one! If you don't have one, there's something wrong. But really, this nerf needed to happen because of how easy it was to get hold of, regardless of the reason. I agree with the above posters that said you shouldn't be able to run multiple auras without passive investment. Heck, you can't run multiple curses unless you're willing to give up an item slot for an otherwise useless item (Windscream Boots) at the very least.

So in a way, I'm glad the mana reservation reduction has been moved to Enlighten. It's harder to get hold of - the benefit is more fitting for that gem, because in my opinion, it was useless otherwise. Now I have an actual reason to hunt that gem. I can do without the increased gem xp gain. I don't really care about becoming rich in this game.
Last edited by MimSiE on Jul 11, 2015, 3:45:16 AM
"
Rory wrote:
We're trying out a change to aura costs, the Reduced Mana support, and the Enlighten gem on Beta. This change involves reducing the base mana reservation on reservation skills, changing the Reduced Mana gem to only apply to costs but with a much greater reduction, and having the Enlighten support gem reduce reservation and cost at lower values than Reduced Mana gave.

These are the intended results of the change:
As they no longer work with Reduced Mana, we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana, and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels.
Enlighten becomes a much more desirable support. It now gives an option for end-game builds that are willing to give up sockets to reduce reservation, without the support being so impactful that every build that uses auras feels that it's absolutely necessary.
Reduced Mana can have much higher values than previously, making it a better choice for reducing skill mana costs.

It's worth noting that a very high level Enlighten gem can reduce aura reservation costs to the point of the old Reduced Mana support and below, and that aura reservation costs are now often lower than otherwise possible until player level 45. We're also planning to increase the power of Mana passives in the tree that will give mana constrained builds more access to larger total mana pools.

looking at 2.0 skill tree mana preservation nodes haven't changed.
And thinking off the top of my head, lvl 3 enlighten corrupted in a geoffris crest can become level 5. Anyone know a way to get it higher. So can get as much mana preserved as lvl 20 red mana and passives nodes will be raised. Not seeing it <EPIC FAIL> X2
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
"
gorlace616 wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
We're trying out a change to aura costs, the Reduced Mana support, and the Enlighten gem on Beta. This change involves reducing the base mana reservation on reservation skills, changing the Reduced Mana gem to only apply to costs but with a much greater reduction, and having the Enlighten support gem reduce reservation and cost at lower values than Reduced Mana gave.

These are the intended results of the change:
As they no longer work with Reduced Mana, we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana, and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels.
Enlighten becomes a much more desirable support. It now gives an option for end-game builds that are willing to give up sockets to reduce reservation, without the support being so impactful that every build that uses auras feels that it's absolutely necessary.
Reduced Mana can have much higher values than previously, making it a better choice for reducing skill mana costs.

It's worth noting that a very high level Enlighten gem can reduce aura reservation costs to the point of the old Reduced Mana support and below, and that aura reservation costs are now often lower than otherwise possible until player level 45. We're also planning to increase the power of Mana passives in the tree that will give mana constrained builds more access to larger total mana pools.

looking at 2.0 skill tree mana preservation nodes haven't changed.
And thinking off the top of my head, lvl 3 enlighten corrupted in a geoffris crest can become level 5. Anyone know a way to get it higher. So can get as much mana preserved as lvl 20 red mana and passives nodes will be raised. Not seeing it <EPIC FAIL> X2

Level 20 reduced mana used to cost 20c-1ex. Level 21 used to cost 3-7ex.
Level 3 engligten costs 7-10ex. Level 4 costs 50-90ex.

Aura gems have been reduced from 60% to 50%. That's great. I used to run grace and hatred with reduced mana and now I can run both of them! Except that I won't have any free mana after that. Now I realize I "ONLY" need some mana reservation nodes. But I didn't frigging need them before and I was JUST FINE with ONE EXTRA GEM in my 4L HELM OR BOOTS OR GAUNTLET. It's not like I FRIGGING USE ALL OF MY SLOTS ANYWAYS.

This change really wasn't necessary. As it was, a 4-slot item was pretty much perfect for holding 3 auras and a mana reduction. Great, now we have a 4 slot item, which can only run 2 auras. Putting in an extremely expensive, and ineffective, support gem, does very little, and leaves us with 1 free slot, which is next to useless. The minor reduction in aura costs does practically nothing to offset this enormous nerf.

So instead of running 3 auras, with a little mana left over, we can now run 2, with even less mana left over, and we have to use an extremely rare gem which takes ages to level just to do it.

Every character I have will be at least partially hindered (1 less aura), and at worst severely gutted by this change.
I guess it's a way to kill off all the LL superheroes running 9 auras while facerolling with noobjolner.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info