Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

USe this calculator to figurate at :
https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/
So as it stands right now even with a lvl4 enlighten you can't run 2 purities and an aura from mana without skill tree nodes, which I find to be completely ridiculous. I guess we are back to everyone and their grandma crutching alphas howl again. We get an extra socket at the expense of 3+ skill points? As usual I don't understand the reasoning for this. Yes everyone uses RM and it needs a change but at an absorbantant currency and skill tree cost makes zero sense.
Do not, my friends, become addicted to maps. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!
"
"
It now gives an option for end-game builds that are willing to give up sockets to reduce reservation,

so every build that uses auras with Reduced Mana currently? What's the difference, every build that uses auras already give up sockets to reduce reservations. Auras are strong, the removal of inner force shows that you guys at GGG don't like people stacking passive stat buffs.

I think you guys just need to straight up remove aura reservation reduction gems and balance around that, especially since EVERYONE already links reduced mana to any aura/herald available
"
So as it stands right now even with a lvl4 enlighten you can't run 2 purities and an aura from mana without skill tree nodes, which I find to be completely ridiculous. I guess we are back to everyone and their grandma crutching alphas howl again. We get an extra socket at the expense of 3+ skill points? As usual I don't understand the reasoning for this. Yes everyone uses RM and it needs a change but at an absorbantant currency and skill tree cost makes zero sense.

If you are trying to run auras off mana and be able to cast spells as well, you can't run 2 purities + a 60% aura with lev 20 Reduced Mana. If you are running other spells/attacks off blood magic, you could.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
DrRaven900 wrote:
I did the calculation.. i have to spend 6 points for mana reservation to get back to my old mana reserv and loose alot of dps oor dont use one of the heralds that grants me power charges... or i have to find 1 level 3 enlighten and 2x level 2 so that i can be back at the old dps and mana reserve.. -)
"
DrRaven900 wrote:
I did the calculation.. i have to spend 6 points for mana reservation to get back to my old mana reserv and loose alot of dps oor dont use one of the heralds that grants me power charges... or i have to find 1 level 3 enlighten and 2x level 2 so that i can be back at the old dps and mana reserve.. -)
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"

If you are trying to run auras off mana and be able to cast spells as well, you can't run 2 purities + a 60% aura with lev 20 Reduced Mana. If you are running other spells/attacks off blood magic, you could.

All my skills run off blood magic so I can use PoL PoF and grace from mana. When awaking goes live I would have to switch off RM for enlighten, and according to the beta calc even with lvl 4 enlighten I would still have 104% mana reserved which would require reduced skill trees at the cost of dps or health. Or I have to dump rats for alphas sabotaging my dps. Not to mention the stupid inflatted price of lvl4 enlighten. Makes no sense to brutilize my skill tree and my pocket book to allegedly free up 1 socket.
Do not, my friends, become addicted to maps. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!
Last edited by PhilipShoffman on Jul 9, 2015, 2:06:33 PM
GGG finally jumps in to this 60+ page long thread to justify this stupid change by attacking one point made in a single post.

Just FYI, Gary_GGG, one of your main reasons for making this change makes no sense, whatsoever. Why don't you speak to the Reduced Mana -> Enlighten trade we're making? How does this accomplish people not being 'required' to run a certain gem? All you're doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul here.

If running a certain gem makes mana reductions cheaper, allowing for more auras to be run, then everyone will do it and all builds will 'require' it just as much as they do now -- regardless of the name or color of the gem.

Last edited by DirePenguin on Jul 9, 2015, 1:59:29 PM
You are NOT supposed to be able to run multiple auras without investment in the skill tree. it's simple enought for me, want more auras ? invest in aura nods. GGG has been constantly nerfing every single aspect and skills of the game who give you a straight advantage without investing points in the skill tree. You all should be used to it right now.
The main point you are missing is that mana reservation costs HAVE BEEN LOWERED ACROSS THE BOARD.

"
DirePenguin wrote:
If running a certain gem makes mana reductions cheaper, allowing for more auras to be run, then everyone will do it and all builds will 'require' it just as much as they do now -- regardless of the name or color of the gem.

This notion is the exact thing GG is trying to fix... By lowering mana reservation costs across the board and having the new interaction with EB they have allowed you to reserve 100% of your mana with 2 50%, or 1x 50%/2x 25% auras and still be able to cast spells WITHOUT ANY SKILL POINT INVESTMENT OR GEM INVESTMENT.

Beyond that, you should not be able to run more auras without any investment. That is the part of balancing that people choose to ignore because it negatively affects them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info