Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"

What I do like most about the Enlighten potential change is that for most builds that will use 2-3 auras this gem will not even be obligatory.

Oh please, tell me how are you supposed to run hatred+grace (50% reservation each if i'm not mistaken) with maybe a herald without Enlighten.
"
Carolina92 wrote:
"

What I do like most about the Enlighten potential change is that for most builds that will use 2-3 auras this gem will not even be obligatory.

Oh please, tell me how are you supposed to run hatred+grace (50% reservation each if i'm not mistaken) with maybe a herald without Enlighten.

You can't. I never said you would be able to run 2 x 60% + 1 x 25% without Enlighten. I said for "most" builds not "all" and also said 2-3 auras not necessarily been the 60% ones. Many builds are based on 40% auras. You chose a very "Enlighten(ed)" case. I believe it's pretty easy to think a combination of 2-3 auras that wouldn't need the need for Enlighten, don't you think so?

1 x 60% + 1 x 40%
2 x 40% + 1 x 25%

These combinations alone cover a respectable percentage of builds, I can think 1-2 more but I don't want to go over my head without knowing the new reservation costs been tested (which I don't). Enlighten is not and shouldn't be necessary to run the above aura combos, based on the intention of the change they want to apply. If it is necessary to use Enlighten to run these combos then this change is completely pointless if not just bad for everyone.
Last edited by TauNeosorium on May 21, 2015, 7:02:41 AM
Anyhow....watching all these posts....

You can be "pro" or "con" regarding all these mana-reservation-things.
Fact is that with these changes GGG will destroy hundreds/thounds of Characters who
managed to spend a lot of currency corrupting items (even uniques) fitting
their purposes/gear. (keep in mind that corrupted items cannot be changed!)

Regardless the fact that RM will be changed and 'enlighten' is more expansive...
RM-Gem is red; and enlighten is blue!!!
This "little" fact will change a lot!!! (After 2 years of PoE)

Skilltree-notes can be nerfed/buffed here and there....especially if these notes
were too strong/or weak ... no problem.

But this change is (in my opinion) too harsh!! Scince there was no problem with it.
[have a look at my former posts].

Anyhow; I am tired GGG nerfes all the characteres with every single patch; and I will
spend no single coin in this comapany anymore!!!

Cheers!

P.S.: These guys feet have totally lost the ground!
My InGameName: Aui
Last edited by Aui on May 21, 2015, 9:05:12 AM
POE = Path of Enlighten
I have to voice my opinion on this, not that GGG will care about qwhat we think in the slightest bit:

1) Removing reduced mana to work on auras because 'some people do not have it'.

- This is a BS excuse. Reduced mana is a quest reward gem and as such available for everyone to obtain.

2) Putting a similar function on the Enlighten gem

- If 'some people do not have reduced mana', then how the heck do you expect them to have an Enlighten gem instead, and manage to level it up enough for it to work on auras?

3) Reducing Mana reservation costs to compromise!

- The reduction to mana reservation costs that I have seen are still nowhere close to replacing the 30% less reserved from a reduced mana gem

4) Just about every player already uses reduced mana for their auras

- You cant deny it. This nerf would not be 'helping' anyone. you cannot lie this blatantly to cover up such a huge nerf as being somehow beneficial, it will ruin every character that currently uses reduced mana to support their auras, which is literally every build that uses auras.

5) What the hell are we supposed to do with our reduced mana gems if they will no longer work on auras?

- Pro hint, NOBODY uses reduced mana to support skills because Mana Leech is vastly more effective. This gem will be nerfed to uselessness if it is changed to no longer work auras.

Its clearly obvious that this proposed change is a huge mistake and will ruin every character build that uses auras.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
This looks like another "misunderstood" change, ironically by both sides, players & devs.

The idea to "break down" the current RM gem into 2 different mechanics, one for reservation skills & the other for non-reservation skills makes big sense.

The Reduced Mana gem already does this. Quality reduces mana costs while levels reduce reservation costs. The gem is already "broken down" in it's existing state as both reductions function independently of each other.

The developer saying that they can now make the reduced mana cost portion better because they've split this function out doesn't really make any sense. All they needed to do is increase the %cost reduction with quality for the same effect. There's no need to remove the reservation reduction portion and give that function to Enlighten.

That was poorly sentenced on my part, indeed current RMana gem serves both mechanics. The point i was trying to make was that the main reason behind this "splitting" seems to be that they want to allow many builds to function without the need of any RMana or Enlighten gem. Currently we can't do that simply because RMana gem is obligatory, after the change it should be possible for light-aura builds to function without Enlighten. If not this, then this change to my eyes has no meaning at all.

And i'm not sure if it is feasible to apply this change only by modifying the skill tree and\or the gem quality as you pointed out, and leave both gems as they are now. The risk of the modifications to seem excessive would be increased.
Please GGG do not fix what is not broken. It's not so much that I can't get a Level 4 Enlighten, but with most of my gear Vaal'd (which was quite pricy might I say), I can't really exchange a red gem (Reduced Mana) for a blue one (Enlighten). This will literally kill my build that I spent a ton of time and ingame currency creating.

Please listen to the players and reverse this change. A new expansion is cool, and I was strongly looking forward to Act 4, new uniques, and new possibilities. But an expansion that kills my character is no expansion at all.
Last edited by TheKillerNacho on May 25, 2015, 2:10:07 PM
If this change happens, other changes that MUST happen along with it that the devs are ignoring / overlooking:

1) Revert Mortal Conviction back to 60% less mana reserved. Blood magic based chars without reduced mana are gonna be reeped by this change.

2) Reduce the mana reserve of ALL auras including Tempest Shield. Running Tempest Shield, Vitality and Determination on a BM tank is gonna be fubbared with this proposed nerf.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Can't wait to see this go live! Should be cool to change up the build a bit and not run mandatory strength fixing on my int character.

Good job!
Can we please let chance to flee gives reduced mana reservation instead of enlighten?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info