Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
vangrandson wrote:
"
FUZZB0X wrote:
I feel like GGG are waging balancing war with the 1% most wealthy players. These changes are going to do little to impact those with insane wealth, but it will make the weaker players who don't play as often truly struggle. I feel like this is a step in the wrong direction.

From a developers stance its not "a step in the wrong direction" because this change will lead to players showing more interest in the trade game due to the fact that their character is weaker, while doing so they will get addicted.

That is one of the most asinine comments I've read recently. How does searching poe.trade daily for a level 4 Enlighten gem constitute as "addicting"? The minimum buyout on poe.trade is 45 exalted orbs...lol. Yeah, I wonder how long it will take the average player to grind/trade for 45 exalted orbs? Months? A year+?

1 step forward, 2 steps backward.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
If this change was intended to improve the game you've done the opposite. If you've found no1 uses enlighten how about removing that obviously useless gem instead of replacing a gem of another colour with it? Are you high? because I can't believe you if you claim to have actually, soberly thought this through. What are you doing for players who have spent large amounts of currency making items like these?

It's stupidly hard to get off coulour sockets on items in the 1st place, and once corrupted they can't be changed for less than a fortune. You might as well delete everyone's IIQ gems and bring back legacy shavs as a bottom tier unique drop and crash the value of those items too as that's effectively what you've done to my items with red sockets (not to mention making my build unplayable). I've spent the last 2 years amassing the currency to afford what I have, only for you to make it all worthless. If you follow through with this change as it stands I'll be uninstalling this game for good.

It's poor timing for you too, because I was 1 paycheck away from buying a support pack for both me and my father. He's likely to quit too (as well as my brother) if I stop playing. With this 1 change you've not only sapped all my excitement for the coming expansion away but also forced me to evalutae weather POE with worth my hard drive space at all. I've got to say though, you deserve the reduction in revenue if this is your best crack at a design fix. You should change careers as you are not well suited for game design... Change your day job, you really suck at this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3hrYhUQlI

Oh-oh....
Dream with me !
I don't like this idea at all. Just reduce the numbers on the RM gem if you have to. And make enlighten do something else so people will actually use it. I don't think anyone would sacrifice a gem slot for reduced skill costs. I know i wouldn't.

You're making one very rare gem useful while making another common one pretty useless in the process.
I agree that the Enlighten change is bad. Just give Enlighten some other effect and this will be good. Changing Reduced Mana and auras costs is good, but replacing RM with a more expensive gem is bad. Give more/better reduced mana reserve on passive nodes to enable aura-centric builds. Passive cost is a much better limiter than gem cost for balancing these builds.
"

I was all for a hard cap like minions and curses get.

Too simple and clean I guess.

That s because the illusion of choice is better for the devs, like this whole skill tree idea.
Forum pvp
"
Rory wrote:

[...]
These are the intended results of the change:
As they no longer work with Reduced Mana, we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana, [...]

So, devs, then just add 1 or 2 more RMR-notes in the skill tree!
You guys are putting the cart before the horse; trying to fix something that is not broken.

If you think 'enlighten' is broken (means: not very usefull), then give this gem another funktionality. But combining these 2 "things" is one of the worst ideas you ever had.

Inner Force: nerf/deleted - the new EB: nerf - arctic armor: nerf
LifeLeech: nerf - Combat Stamina: nerf - block: nerf etc.etc.etc.
... and now Reduced Mana?
And now you are trying to ruin hundreds of charakters who spent a lot of currency corrupting their gear, spending exalted orbs via masters to gain +ES% on their gear (while using the "old EB") for example. Not mentioning other 'corruptions'......

Do you really think the new jewels and gems will compensate this?? Using jewels one has to invest at least 1 skillpoint(s) on top of spending more points for longer distances in the new tree.
Could be usefull if you guys play your own game with selffound gear right to level 85 or so to understand your own product better!!
On twitch I saw Kripparian's lifestream while talking to/with Chris Wilson. And after finishing act4 Mr. Wilson was not able to tell Kripparian how to get to cruel difficulty! That speaks volumes!!

P.S.: if 'enlighten' is now barely used, the "new" ReducedMana-gem will suffer the same fate.

P.P.S.: btw - before mapping you now have to complete 12 acts (3x4) [(3x3)before]. I would suggest to delete one difficulty compeltely. Have a look at Blizzard's Diablo3/Reaper of Souls! They introduced the 'adventure mode' not forcing the community playing the boring story over and over and over again.

P.P.P.S.: speaking of which (mapping)... is it fair dropping 67er maps running a Level 75+er map? I don't wanna use harsh words; but this is annoying!

One last word: sometimes a nerf is surely necessary, but the philosophy of GGG more and more appears to bully/harass the community. GGG wants to sell microtransactions, therefore the players have to have fun encouraging them to spend money. "Challenging" is OK, but "annoyance"? There is a significant difference I'm not sure this company understand it correctly.
My InGameName: Aui
Last edited by Aui on May 17, 2015, 8:56:44 AM
"

Oh-oh....

Hi

After watching this it makes me even more frustrated. The deigner being interviewed makes it pretty clear the main goal of change to reduced mana was to stop people from using auras as much as they are. So suggestions for adding extra manareservation nodes or reducing reservation costs further will go on deaf ears since GGG does not want that.

He also makes it clear that change to enlighten suddenly making that option ONLY available to the wealthiest of plays the intent. So any complaints about the results of these changes fall on deaf ears cuz all GGG seems to be thinking when they hear them is "good those are the results we're trying for". The fact that so many are annoyed with those results isnt even an issue for them.

You can even see that when zena brings up how new changing to EB pretty much makes either going for zealots oath or ghost reaver pretty much necesary to get EB somewhat useful and that having to go to another keystone JUST to make another keystone useful is annoying and poor design. The designer doesnt hear that at all. He smiles as zeno says it and then goes on how he thinks its great that players are using other keystones to get the eb keystone to work. The fact that many of those players find it un fun and annoying that they have to do it isnt even a consideration.

It make sme frustrated and sad, I was looking so forward to act 4. I at first thought wow new uniques, new gems new item bases I am gonna need more stash tabs. So I started saving up to buy a few extra bundles. But now not only am I not going to spend any more money on this game I am deeply regretting the money I have paid already. If I had known then this was direction of GGG I wouldnt have bothered putting so much time much less money into this. Since GGG's whole idea of "balancing" seems to be "what are the greatest number of players enjoying the most?--well lets put a stop to that"

At this stage count me in the group who is just enjoying their current chars while they can and is praying the beta lasts a good, long time cuz as soon as it goes live and all my favortie characters are ruined I doubt I will be wanting to stick around.

Kaytie

"
KaytieKat wrote:
"

Oh-oh....

[...]
It make sme frustrated and sad, I was looking so forward to act 4. I at first thought wow new uniques, new gems new item bases I am gonna need more stash tabs. So I started saving up to buy a few extra bundles. But now not only am I not going to spend any more money on this game I am deeply regretting the money I have paid already. If I had known then this was direction of GGG I wouldnt have bothered putting so much time much less money into this. Since GGG's whole idea of "balancing" seems to be "what are the greatest number of players enjoying the most?--well lets put a stop to that"

EXACTLY my thoughts! Agreed!

P.S.: forget about ZiggyD and Pohx....these guys are (in my opinion) "arrsse-lickers" => always saying "well done", "good job", "excited", "so cool" etc. etc. etc.
There is a youtube-video of Pohx he died because of desync, and he even justified his death saying 'desync' is part of the game. (Am I right that GGG will delete desync with 'the awakening'?) So - is desync a matter of bad programming or "part of the game"?
In my opinon these guys have no balls telling the devs a real and serious criticism.
{btw: have a look at Pohx's "Harry-Potter"-nursery with that bed in the background. Do you think this guy has a taste of "real-life"?}
My InGameName: Aui
Last edited by Aui on May 17, 2015, 10:14:24 AM
"
KaytieKat wrote:
I was looking so forward to act 4. I at first thought wow new uniques, new gems new item bases I am gonna need more stash tabs. So I started saving up to buy a few extra bundles. But now not only am I not going to spend any more money on this game I am deeply regretting the money I have paid already. If I had known then this was direction of GGG I wouldnt have bothered putting so much time much less money into this. Since GGG's whole idea of "balancing" seems to be "what are the greatest number of players enjoying the most?--well lets put a stop to that"

At this stage count me in the group who is just enjoying their current chars while they can and is praying the beta lasts a good, long time cuz as soon as it goes live and all my favorite characters are ruined I doubt I will be wanting to stick around.

Kaytie

I feel the same, I don't buy anything because of all the changes they do patch to patch and I refuse too until their views on this magically change, which is not likely...and you can't call what they do balance, cause nothing gets balanced! Just destroyed, key things altered or removed, anytime the player gets a one up with a defensive piece or passive they swoop in and say "oh no you don't". I 6 linked cloak, never again will I six link something that relies on a passive game mechanic...never ever again, I spent weeks saving for that, now it just a sliver of what it once was...I would have to stack the ever living shit out of mana/regen nodes to get back where I was. I wish the expansion would just seize to happen, that's where I am at right now...just fuck it!

Shotgun Change > I can deal, it needed to happen.

New/Old EB > nah man, it was fine, could of put a slight restriction on it and been done with it if you disliked it so much, but nah lets change what it is entirely to something that's less appearing.

Aura Change > Was excited to see them being lowered, then the reduced mana gem bomb dropped, instant mood change. I should of knew it was too good to be true.

Jewel's > Neat, but you have to spent a point to use...already point starved, 1000+ point tree, we get 120...could of at least allowed it to be a pass through design.

I could go on and on, the only think I am excited for is the actually visual content, gems, and finally a dysnc fix option...the rest can go to hell, go to hell and die! lol

Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 17, 2015, 10:04:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info