Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
KaytieKat wrote:
I was looking so forward to act 4. I at first thought wow new uniques, new gems new item bases I am gonna need more stash tabs. So I started saving up to buy a few extra bundles. But now not only am I not going to spend any more money on this game I am deeply regretting the money I have paid already. If I had known then this was direction of GGG I wouldnt have bothered putting so much time much less money into this. Since GGG's whole idea of "balancing" seems to be "what are the greatest number of players enjoying the most?--well lets put a stop to that"

At this stage count me in the group who is just enjoying their current chars while they can and is praying the beta lasts a good, long time cuz as soon as it goes live and all my favorite characters are ruined I doubt I will be wanting to stick around.

Kaytie

I feel the same, I don't buy anything because of all the changes they do patch to patch and I refuse too until their views on this magically change, which is not likely...and you can't call what they do balance, cause nothing gets balanced! Just destroyed, key things altered or removed, anytime the player gets a one up with a defensive piece or passive they swoop in and say "oh no you don't". I 6 linked cloak, never again will I six link something that relies on a passive game mechanic...never ever again, I spent weeks saving for that, now it just a sliver of what it once was...I would have to stack the ever living shit out of mana/regen nodes to get back where I was. I wish the expansion would just seize to happen, that's where I am at right now...just fuck it!

Shotgun Change > I can deal, it needed to happen.

New/Old EB > nah man, it was fine, could of put a slight restriction on it and been done with it if you disliked it so much, but nah lets change what it is entirely to something that's less appearing.

Aura Change > Was excited to see them being lowered, then the reduced mana gem bomb dropped, instant mood change. I should of knew it was too good to be true.

Jewel's > Neat, but you have to spent a point to use...already point starved, 1000+ point tree, we get 120...could of at least allowed it to be a pass through design.

I could go on and on, the only think I am excited for is the actually visual content, gems, and finally a dysnc fix option...the rest can go to hell, go to hell and die! lol

I sometimes wonder: what the hell is the intention GGG tries to destroy hundreds/thousands of builds/characters? Balancing? => no way!!!!! One example: if eldrich battery was/is too strong, then nerf it to "80%/70% of ES is converted to mana". This kind of nerf maybe would be OK in my opinion, as far as GGG buffed the other ES/Mana-notes. Anyhow, this means that players have to stack more Mana or ES-notes to compensate this. But completely changing EB ???

In my humble opinion GGG has totally lost the sense of proportion because now only "theoreticians" and "bureaucrats" working on it. With other words: their feet have left the ground of reality.
For example: Mr. Wilson makes that "build-of-the-week-videos" on youtube. => He picks high-level-characters from other players (with good gear) and kills some monsters. Even if hes going to die, the video stops showing the rest/death.
What does this tell about the knowledge GGG has, concerning their own game? [f.e.: ridicilous burst damage of bosses and/or rare monsters?]
"Challenging"? YEAH! And now comes the best of it: GGG is nerfing the whole remaining shit to the ground.
If "Nerfing Gear Games" - sorry, I mean: - "Grinding Gear Games" want to have an active and multiple community this garbage has to come to an end!
Sorry, but I am so upset about this "policy".
As long as players have 500 Exalted orbs free to buy a nearly perfect rare "monster-dps-bow" there will always be this 1% super-players who can manage every content in this game. But punishing all the other players for that??

Sometimes I wonder if GGG has to pay 100,000 euros/dollars to each player that reaches Level 100. What else can be the motivation preventing to do so?
My InGameName: Aui
Last edited by Aui on May 17, 2015, 11:36:35 AM
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Well.

I can see the reasons for removing the mandatory slot for reduced mana...except that you didn't. You just replaced with a much, much more rare and expensive option that (still) prevents you from balancing auras as if reductions from gear and dedicated passive were all that was available.

Nothing changed...if you have 50+ exalts in your stash and can buy up a lvl 4 Enlighten gem. Otherwise, welcome to screw town, population: you.

Just this. /thread

First the EB stuff, which I never understood since my squishiest character is actually the one using EB + AA + MOM. He's good at taking small hits, but 3-4 frogs jump on him and he's dead.

And now this...

Yes, because you're not limiting the aura stacking, you're just making it pricier. People with a low-life build be like: "Oh, I'll pick one of these lvl 4 Enlightens I had laying around in my stash and change it with my lvl 21 reduced mana"

Am I the only one that has plenty of sockets to spare in his builds? I usually only need 4-5 for damage, 3-4 for auras and 3-4 for a CWDT, maybe 1-2 extra for a curse or a cheesy vaal gem. Yay! now I get an extra slot to put my 10th portal gem!

Except no, you didn't free a gem slot, you changed a mandatory gem for another one. Now you need enlighten linked with your auras or you just can't run more than one. Let me teach you how to balance things: low life 8-10 auras builds are the problem? Then make shavs legacy.

It started with the atziri stuff, and now this. Yeah, I was getting back to the game because I read act 4 was finally being released, but I think I'll pass after reading all this. I hope that 1% of people you are planning the game for pay you enough to make up for my humble donations, because now I'm thinking the Witcher 3 looks more attractive.
Last edited by Criptospora on May 17, 2015, 5:24:38 PM
"
Criptospora wrote:

It started with the atziri stuff, and now this.

Don't forget about block. Build diversity FTW.
I guess ggg will legalize RMT because very few people will be willing to grind for a lvl 4 enlighten...
"
KaytieKat wrote:
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3hrYhUQlI

Oh-oh....

Hi

After watching this it makes me even more frustrated. The deigner being interviewed makes it pretty clear the main goal of change to reduced mana was to stop people from using auras as much as they are. So suggestions for adding extra manareservation nodes or reducing reservation costs further will go on deaf ears since GGG does not want that.

He also makes it clear that change to enlighten suddenly making that option ONLY available to the wealthiest of plays the intent. So any complaints about the results of these changes fall on deaf ears cuz all GGG seems to be thinking when they hear them is "good those are the results we're trying for". The fact that so many are annoyed with those results isnt even an issue for them.

You can even see that when zena brings up how new changing to EB pretty much makes either going for zealots oath or ghost reaver pretty much necesary to get EB somewhat useful and that having to go to another keystone JUST to make another keystone useful is annoying and poor design. The designer doesnt hear that at all. He smiles as zeno says it and then goes on how he thinks its great that players are using other keystones to get the eb keystone to work. The fact that many of those players find it un fun and annoying that they have to do it isnt even a consideration.

It make sme frustrated and sad, I was looking so forward to act 4. I at first thought wow new uniques, new gems new item bases I am gonna need more stash tabs. So I started saving up to buy a few extra bundles. But now not only am I not going to spend any more money on this game I am deeply regretting the money I have paid already. If I had known then this was direction of GGG I wouldnt have bothered putting so much time much less money into this. Since GGG's whole idea of "balancing" seems to be "what are the greatest number of players enjoying the most?--well lets put a stop to that"

At this stage count me in the group who is just enjoying their current chars while they can and is praying the beta lasts a good, long time cuz as soon as it goes live and all my favortie characters are ruined I doubt I will be wanting to stick around.

Kaytie

Btw, after watching that whole bullshit, i'm more concerned about the Mana Flasks being mandatory now than the Reduced Mana armageddon... If all this happens, it's melee all the way until they become unviable again.

Dream with me !
"
Aui wrote:
"
KaytieKat wrote:
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3hrYhUQlI

Oh-oh....

[...]
It make sme frustrated and sad, I was looking so forward to act 4. I at first thought wow new uniques, new gems new item bases I am gonna need more stash tabs. So I started saving up to buy a few extra bundles. But now not only am I not going to spend any more money on this game I am deeply regretting the money I have paid already. If I had known then this was direction of GGG I wouldnt have bothered putting so much time much less money into this. Since GGG's whole idea of "balancing" seems to be "what are the greatest number of players enjoying the most?--well lets put a stop to that"

EXACTLY my thoughts! Agreed!

P.S.: forget about ZiggyD and Pohx....these guys are (in my opinion) "arrsse-lickers" => always saying "well done", "good job", "excited", "so cool" etc. etc. etc.
There is a youtube-video of Pohx he died because of desync, and he even justified his death saying 'desync' is part of the game. (Am I right that GGG will delete desync with 'the awakening'?) So - is desync a matter of bad programming or "part of the game"?
In my opinon these guys have no balls telling the devs a real and serious criticism.
{btw: have a look at Pohx's "Harry-Potter"-nursery with that bed in the background. Do you think this guy has a taste of "real-life"?}

I think they DO have balls... But... I think they prefer to maintain their image of "Good Community Members that don't whine" instead of make constructive critics to the devs.

"
I sometimes wonder: what the hell is the intention GGG tries to destroy hundreds/thousands of builds/characters? Balancing? => no way!!!!! One example: if eldrich battery was/is too strong, then nerf it to "80%/70% of ES is converted to mana". This kind of nerf maybe would be OK in my opinion, as far as GGG buffed the other ES/Mana-notes. Anyhow, this means that players have to stack more Mana or ES-notes to compensate this. But completely changing EB ???

The change around the Eldritch Battery Keystone was intended to change its mechanics, not to NERF it. I understand that they want to change how EB WORKS < and it's fine, but the problem is when you don't add enough support to this change of mechanic. And a bigger problem than that is when they DO add some support for the new mechanic, but by doing this, screw a lot of builds in the process.
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on May 19, 2015, 9:38:53 AM
If making enlighten only avalible for nolifers / RMTers is intended then act4 is pure shit. thats it...
This looks like another "misunderstood" change, ironically by both sides, players & devs.

The idea to "break down" the current RM gem into 2 different mechanics, one for reservation skills & the other for non-reservation skills makes big sense. You don't enforce new builds to adopt reduced mana gem in their builds and at the same time u use auras at reduced reservation cost to compensate for its removal, this sounds good for potentially all builds.

The new reduced mana for non-reservation skills sould find use in enough builds to warrant this modification, for examble not all classes have easy access to reduced mana cost of skills in the tree & this gem would potentially help save passive points in exchange for a gem slot, seems like a fair trade. You think you can get away with it then you don't use it and you don't spend a gem slot. This is the kind of change that promotes diversity & the sense of choice (which now doesn't even exist since everyone is using a reduced mana for his 3 auras). Now I have the choice to potentially use 4 auras (assuming clarity remains flat) in the same 4-slot group without one of them been reduced mana, granted enough mana from gear\tree is obtained.

The tricky part is the Enlighten Gem. The fact that you are planning for the Enlighten gem to reduce mana reservation costs even more that old RM gem did makes this even trickier. What I do like most about the Enlighten potential change is that for most builds that will use 2-3 auras this gem will not even be obligatory. And I find myself agreeable with the intention to make heavy aura builds (with Enlighten gem) not so easy to create and should require an "over average to somewhat hard" effort to do so. But you shouldn't make this gem very hard to lvl and in effect very expensive. That would be not good for the game.

Im not in beta so some of the above observations could be inaccurate, feel free to correct accordingly.
Last edited by TauNeosorium on May 19, 2015, 11:10:27 PM
"
This looks like another "misunderstood" change, ironically by both sides, players & devs.

The idea to "break down" the current RM gem into 2 different mechanics, one for reservation skills & the other for non-reservation skills makes big sense. You don't enforce new builds to adopt reduced mana gem in their builds and at the same time u use auras at reduced reservation cost to compensate for its removal, this sounds good for potentially all builds.

The new reduced mana for non-reservation skills sould find use in enough builds to warrant this modification, for examble not all classes have easy access to reduced mana cost of skills in the tree & this gem would potentially help save passive points in exchange for a gem slot, seems like a fair trade. You think you can get away with it then you don't use it and you don't spend a gem slot. This is the kind of change that promotes diversity & the sense of choice (which now doesn't even exist since everyone is using a reduced mana for his 3 auras). Now I have the choice to potentially use 4 auras (assuming clarity remains flat) in the same 4-slot group without one of them been reduced mana, granted enough mana from gear\tree is obtained.

The tricky part is the Enlighten Gem. The fact that you are planning for the Enlighten gem to reduce mana reservation costs even more that old RM gem did makes this even trickier. What I do like most about the Enlighten potential change is that for most builds that will use 2-3 auras this gem will not even be obligatory. And I find myself agreeable with the intention to make heavy aura builds (with Enlighten gem) not so easy to create and should require an "over average to somewhat hard" effort to do so. But you shouldn't make this gem very hard to lvl and in effect very expensive. That would be not good for the game.

Im not in beta so some of the above observations could be inaccurate, feel free to correct accordingly.

I agree entirely with what you wrote about, but the problem is that this isn't a misunderstood, we are discussing exactly what you wrote.

The problem isn't the removal of the RM Gem, is the 'not-so-Enlighten' part of the change, which is the cause of the this whole mess...

And btw, this thread has passed its limits, the real problem happening right now isn't even with the auras anymore. People, go out and read the other topics of feedback on the beta... You guys will shit your pants.
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on May 20, 2015, 9:41:36 AM
"
"

I agree entirely with what you wrote about, but the problem is that this isn't a misunderstood, we are discussing exactly what you wrote.

The problem isn't the removal of the RM Gem, is the 'not-so-Enlighten' part of the change, which is the cause of the this whole mess...

And btw, this thread has passed its limits, the real problem happening right now isn't even with the auras anymore. People, go out and read the other topics of feedback on the beta... You guys will shit your pants.

Iv seen all changes on the beta so far and the only thing that im agains is "ENLIGHTEN", i dont care about the change on reduced mana , i do care about enlighten becoming mainstream and extremely hard to level / expensive.

To me all they want is make RMTers/insanely rich players to hav more power over the game, i just cant find another explanation to that change because any person with a life and lets say 4- 5 hours free daily wont try to level a enlighten gem because it will take just extremely long and what about people running multiple auras? like supporters or summoners? DO THEY HAV TO SPEND 100+ EXALTS BECAUSE THEY NEED MULTIPLE ENLIGHTENS?.

This looks like a complete manifestation of hatred towards casual/normal players... hell i play in standard and i got the power to get those enlighten gems in my hands but i wont because PAYING OVER 160 EXALTS FOR JUST 3 GEMS IS RETARDED IN EVERY SENSE!.

But hey yeah a gem can be that expensive... the problem is THAT GEM IS MANDATORY!!.

Empower and Enhance are indeed very powerful and expensive gems but they arent mandatory however in the case of enlighten there's no way around.

Just do whatever you want with reduced mana but dont make an extremely expensive gem mandatory.
Last edited by BIGLITRO on May 20, 2015, 12:43:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info