Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
marcosyy87 wrote:
every class will need enlighten as quest reward after this change

Indeed. Another unintended consequence I think will happen is some people will prolly stay in STD once they earned their Enlightens. I mean aura running is so curtail to all builds might as well stay where you got lvl3s and 4s to use with all builds.It's not like the empowers where alternatives exist and not needed at all for many builds.
Git R Dun!
so what about non aura reservation skills like heralds and tempest shield.
It itches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have one lvl 21 reduce mana gem, and about ten lvl 20, and they all just become garbage over night.

Who will use them in lower than 6 link items, and even then 6th socket can be used much better. I would like to read some developer thoughts about this decision, and to hear background reasons.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
The overall idea of removing the need for the RM gem is a good one and something that in and of itself I have no issue with. But all that GGG is doing here is moving the effect from one gem to another, much less to a gem that requires a stupid amount of experience to level up in the first place to the point it's like a Korean grind-a-thon...one step forward, two steps backward. Auras have been a neverending nightmare for GGG to balance and this change isn't doing anyone any favors.

As has been pointed out, the newest, fresh blood players won't be affected by this as they're generally only running one aura and maybe a herald when they start off. Rich players who have access to plenty of resources via whatever means they use won't care either as they'll just simply nab these gems (and the corrupted lvl. 4 versions to boot) and have little issue fitting them back into their setups to help with running their auras. 'Socket Pressure' hasn't changed at all in this case, and really the only people who are hurt the most are the 'middle class' if you'll understand the terminology I'm using here. If this change sticks (and it very well could) then Enlighten gems are going to become a very expensive commodity given once again how absurd they are to level up in the sheer amount of time it takes to do so, and jewels with reduced mana reservation on them aren't the answer, just a substitute that does nothing to solve the problem/s that GGG is trying to work out here.

If GGG wants to work on balancing auras or lessening peoples' need for them then either auras need a fundamental change in how they operate, and perhaps even toying with the idea of a hard-cap of how many auras a person can run by default. I know some people scream bloody murder about how hard/soft-caps are such a bane and aren't imaginative, but this idea that GGG is going for isn't winning them any brownie points where as a hard-cap for auras and then allowing for passive tree investment into additional ones at a cost seems far more logical than shifting the problem around. It's not perfect, and I'm not trying to say that this is the only solution, but as it stands right now, Enlighten becoming the 'new RM' isn't the best way to go about this.
Change for the sake of change?

Please could somebody answer this question because I really dont know why aura reservation and reduced mana was altered. Also, making enlighten replace reduced mana doesnt seem to be a good change.

Aura stacking is strong, some call it even over powered, however this requires heavy investment in form of shavs and mc. But what confuses me is that LL builds will continue to stack auras whereas "normal" builds can only use one aura and one herald.

Whatever, I am probably too dumb to understand it anyways.
"
jaredh wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
Where did rory once say this would hit live servers? Can anyone tell me? No, you can't because it didn't happen. People whining please be quiet about your fragile builds on live that cannot handle change. It's a beta.

Clearly you do not understand GGG.

They change %ages in beta. Changes like this are committed. See EB. Everyone fumed over it, but it's going into live. There is no doubt about it based on the comments in the Beta threads.

Get ready. RM will be changing to this. How the %ages stick we don't know. But we do know this in all intents and purposes is already a done deal.

Maybe we can convince them to drop the enlightenment part. I seriously doubt it.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't concrete atm.

I guess we could ask the devs. Rory is this change In its current form absolutely positively going into live? Could there perhaps be changes to reservation passive nodes coming?

Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 8, 2015, 12:40:10 PM
"
very high level Enlighten gem can reduce aura reservation costs

Seems like people missing out that bit of info and going salty.

This change seems decent enough to be tried out, if you want your Auras - you'll need to actually get the passives now. Here's hoping GGG does the mananode buffs soon.
Nemesis IGN: PUUTIKKUMAISTERI / ENTROPIA_KURKKU
twitch.tv/soffeli
GMT+3.
"
soffeli wrote:
"

This change seems decent enough to be tried out, if you want your Auras - you'll need to actually get the passives now. Here's hoping GGG does the mananode buffs soon.

No one has missed that part. That is one of the WORST PARTS of this change, because making Enlighten, a blue and much, much rarer/more expensive gem at high levels, mandatory instead of Reduced Mana, an easy-to-get Red gem, is just fucking stupid.

I am already taking all of the passives. They have to introduce more passives if they want this to be balanced with the gear currently on Standard.
"
"
soffeli wrote:
"

No one has missed that part. That is one of the WORST PARTS of this change, because making Enlighten, a blue and much, much rarer/more expensive gem at high levels, mandatory instead of Reduced Mana, an easy-to-get Red gem, is just fucking stupid.

I am already taking all of the passives. They have to introduce more passives if they want this to be balanced with the gear currently on Standard.

They could strengthen the passives you already have rather than simply creating more.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 8, 2015, 12:46:29 PM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
Where did rory once say this would hit live servers? Can anyone tell me? No, you can't because it didn't happen. People whining please be quiet about your fragile builds on live that cannot handle change. It's a beta.

Just stop.
If people would never raise their voices because "its a beta", then it would indeed make it into live.
Right now, here in the beta, is where we need to raise our voices, rage, create shitstorms, in order for the change to not end up on live.

People like you said the same old stuff back in closed beta for the actual release of the game, "its a beta, folks", and suddenly it was no longer a beta and the desynch was still in the game (along with several other bad design decisions) even though countless people had raised their voices about it time and time again.

[Removed by Support]

Its a terrible change and we all need to raise our voices about it, NOW.
Last edited by Rachel on May 8, 2015, 12:57:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info