Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

I need to see the beta tree, is there any new reservation reduction point?
Given the amount that I play, and I play softcore leagues, getting an enlighten to level two is unrealistic. I don't like this approach. The rael effect is fewer auras in maps. Why the need to weaken characters and make things so much harder for the players? Keep it fast and fun.
"
gh0un wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

[Removed by Support] upon the issue of desynch... ehem ehem, a deterministic lockstep says what?

Exactly. It just took them 5 years instead of fixing it back then.

I'm not sure you even understand the gravity of implementing deterministic lockstep you also sound very ungrateful about it taking so long. Don't you want a PoE free of desynch?
Make Things For Smile!
I guess everyone will just be casting aura totems because they cannot afford one or multiple lvl 4 enlighten.
Last edited by BIGLITRO on May 8, 2015, 1:30:33 PM
So just to recap:

1) we will no longer be able to shotgun, making some skills not worth using anymore.

2) Reduced Mana exchanged for Enlighten, making auras harder to run for many builds and mainly only for the rich now.

3) EB was completely changed, making it impossible to run defense like AA/MOM at its current live version, quite frankly this change is affecting many builds not just AA/Mom builds. Yes I have seen some interesting builds with this but none worth really doing for end game builds.

4) Changed Ondar's Guile keystone to something much worse than what it use to be, unfortunately this could have been helpful with removal of AA/MOM in its current state, OG now has 20% reduce melee attacks.

So yeah if the point was lets make changes to screw META completely, mission accomplished. I guess this league is meant for us to try the gems for melee and call it Path Of Melee, well if you decide to play the Awakening when it releases and haven't left to play another game.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Anyway give it a go yourself with your auras you might be in for pleasant surprise.

Tried it, managed to get the same auras in beta- only difference not enough mana leftover to use any skill.

Existing reduced mana reservation on tree would have to be buffed by extra 10% total to bring me where I am now. Or I'd have to use level 5 Enlighten. GG.

Most of my builds are completly fucked too and need lvl 5 enlightens to be same as before but one I showed actually gain mana lulz. Im sure they'll "fix" that

Shhhhhhh Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
This does mean new players/new builds can potentially benefit from a couple more auras. Possibly a good move but the ramification of such a huge change can only be understood with actual observation of in game meta evolution. Excited to see how this shakes up the beta landscape!
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Anyway give it a go yourself with your auras you might be in for pleasant surprise.

Tried it, managed to get the same auras in beta- only difference not enough mana leftover to use any skill.

Existing reduced mana reservation on tree would have to be buffed by extra 10% total to bring me where I am now. Or I'd have to use level 5 Enlighten. GG.

Most of my builds are completly fucked too and need lvl 5 enlightens to be same as before but one I showed actually gain mana lulz. Im sure they'll "fix" that

its because the cost of clarity got lower facepalm
I think Mana reservation on skills will have to be further reduced if you don't want enlighten to become a mandatory replacement for the Reduced Mana gem.

Currently on live realms you can run this:
Live Aura Calc

and if you want to do it after the changes you would have to do this:
Beta Aura Calc

Aura group 1 is herald of lightning + empower + enhance in Geofri's Crest (+1 to gems)
and in the second link I added 2% reduced mana for the unique jewel.

overall this set-up will still work, but enlighten will be required.

Edit: I need free mana for my other skills, I don't want to use Blood Magic.
Last edited by Mizzajl on May 8, 2015, 2:04:55 PM
"
Rory wrote:
We're trying out a change to aura costs, the Reduced Mana support, and the Enlighten gem on Beta. This change involves reducing the base mana reservation on reservation skills, changing the Reduced Mana gem to only apply to costs but with a much greater reduction, and having the Enlighten support gem reduce reservation and cost at lower values than Reduced Mana gave.

These are the intended results of the change:
As they no longer work with Reduced Mana, we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana, and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels.
Enlighten becomes a much more desirable support. It now gives an option for end-game builds that are willing to give up sockets to reduce reservation, without the support being so impactful that every build that uses auras feels that it's absolutely necessary.
Reduced Mana can have much higher values than previously, making it a better choice for reducing skill mana costs.

It's worth noting that a very high level Enlighten gem can reduce aura reservation costs to the point of the old Reduced Mana support and below, and that aura reservation costs are now often lower than otherwise possible until player level 45. We're also planning to increase the power of Mana passives in the tree that will give mana constrained builds more access to larger total mana pools.

I'm sorry, you are out of touch with your game. There are no characters or players that don't have access to a Reduced Mana gem. The gem is plentiful. Every character has access to multiple copies of it. Socket pressure has not been reduced either. The socket is still needed to reach the desired level of reduced mana reservation and every player that uses auras/heralds will still feel it's mandatory to reduce mana reservation as much as possible. The only thing accomplished:

- Enlighten has gone from being worthless to mandatory
- Reduced Mana has gone from being mandatory to worthless
- The power gap between normal folk and the rich traders/streamers has been widened as Reduced Mana is plentiful and Enlighten is unfindable. Where the normal folk will be unable to build their aura/herald characters, for the rich traders/streamers things will be business as usual... oh wait... the rich traders/streamers will even be more powerful. All said and done, mana reservation costs for the rich will be less than they are currently, even if you don't change anything else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info