Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
AdzPoE wrote:
Where did rory once say this would hit live servers? Can anyone tell me? No, you can't because it didn't happen. People whining please be quiet about your fragile builds on live that cannot handle change. It's a beta.

I'm pretty sure that "whining" about how a change will alter live builds is pretty important info for GGG in the beta stage.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
AdzPoE wrote:
Where did rory once say this would hit live servers? Can anyone tell me? No, you can't because it didn't happen. People whining please be quiet about your fragile builds on live that cannot handle change. It's a beta.

Clearly you do not understand GGG.

They change %ages in beta. Changes like this are committed. See EB. Everyone fumed over it, but it's going into live. There is no doubt about it based on the comments in the Beta threads.

Get ready. RM will be changing to this. How the %ages stick we don't know. But we do know this in all intents and purposes is already a done deal.

Maybe we can convince them to drop the enlightenment part. I seriously doubt it.
Welp, there goes my plans to run an elemental cycloner on 2.0 release. Guess i'll do it in the flashback leagues instead. Shame, I wanted to play it with lockstep, but oh well.
"
AmnEl wrote:
This whole Enlighten idea could quite possibly lead to funds going to RMT sites instead of supporter packs.

Just drop it and introduce a red quest reward gem that everyone will have access to with the same aura reduction values at L21 as what Enlighten L4 would give.
Casuals: sorted.
Mirrored gear: sorted.
Balance: as intended with Enlighten but without the retardism.

Nah I just start up flipping operations again instead of actually play the game.

WTB Divine 2:1
WTS Divine 3:2

Take me about a day to get lvl4 enlighten then ill be on my way.
Git R Dun!
bbuying GCP's will end up being impossible.
Lvl 1 - lvl 93

Auras base reservations are reduced to make up for the loss of reduced mana. This means whatever auras you have today, you will most likely have in 2.0 but with one extra socket!

lvl 93 +

From here on perhaps the next upgrade for your build will be to acquire an lvl 3-4 enlighten gem and squeeze in an extra aura. Not mandatory for your build, but a sort of nice addition.

every class will need enlighten as quest reward after this change
"
jaredh wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Clearly you do not understand GGG.

They change %ages in beta. Changes like this are committed. See EB. Everyone fumed over it, but it's going into live. There is no doubt about it based on the comments in the Beta threads.

Get ready. RM will be changing to this. How the %ages stick we don't know. But we do know this in all intents and purposes is already a done deal.

Maybe we can convince them to drop the enlightenment part. I seriously doubt it.

The change to RM is actually really good. Moving the functionality to Enlighten is not. Because Auras will be balanced around you having enlighten. They are now balanced for lvl4-5 Enlighten, which is likely not what most people will have.

I would wish they just remove Enlighten. They already made a few Auras more desirable (Wrath, Anger, Discipline) and they could follow up on that and also take a look at aura-passivs. That way your investment into auras would be Uniques and passivs and maybe jewels, not sure if there are any affecting auras.
I could understand the change where we just don't have reduce mana reservation support gems any more.

So you choose if you want to use for example 30+30+30 aura and have some mana left, or you will make 100% reservation and use blood magic or EBattery, or even Alphas Howl or Prism Guardian.

But this... I just don't understand, and I think it is really bad design decision.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
I will be EXTREMELY surprised if this makes it into the live client.
Absolutely does not seem well thought out at all.

Believe me, it will. GGG's urge to force people into partying is just as strong as their urge to enforce monster-skipping.
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info