Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
NetherPrime wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

If you take a 50% aura and then 2 heralds at 25% reservation each you can reserve 100% of your mana then spec into zeolot's oath and eldritch battery as a way to maintain your resources. That's probably what he is talking about. For that spec this change is pretty minimal as it doesnt really use its mana anyway. To clarify I think the change is just fine.

I don't think theres a single aura other than discipline that is below 50%.

you're saying take 2 heralds and a discipline or take 2 heralds and a discipline, THOSE CHOICES BRO.

You still can comfortably run a plethora of different auras my friend, if you only did the testing you would realize this.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 8, 2015, 3:22:09 AM
Okay so let me get this straight, you want to free up a gem slot by absolutely neutering reduced mana and putting its function on enlighten, which not only is a much much rarer gem than reduced mana but also requires you to level it a full level before you can even use it. Real smart yall /s. I dont get why its a smart idea to basically make reduced mana the new enlighten gem. Its cool that you guys want to give people a reason to use enlighten because its never used as it is currently, but making the two gems basically swap places its just lazy design guys. Why is there going to be any reason to use the new reduced mana? Also for the guy above asking why it seems like they're trying to push the new EB mechanic is because now that its harder to run all the auras you would like to you would need some other way to cast your skills, so it makes the new EB mechanic much more appealing. I dont get the logic behind "we want to make it so that taking EB is mandatoy" well it sure seems like we'll be headed back in that direction.
"
NetherPrime wrote:

you're saying take 2 heralds and a discipline or take 2 heralds and a discipline, THOSE CHOICES BRO.

only way to balance this change(which you cannot balance the enlightened change) is to buff the aura's above 50% enough so that they're extremely powerful alone.

purity of elements, purity of fire, purity of ice, purity of lightning, vitality, and now discipline are 40% auras now 35%
"
AdzPoE wrote:
Id love it if they made enlighten easily available to every build via a cool (yet simple) recipe. It would make the people whining about this change shut up fast.

People, you know what you signed up for with this beta. Be patient, you dont need to complain at every inconvenience.

you know whats worse than people whining? people whining about people whining? which makes me whining about people who are whining... whineception, but seriously what you consider whining is feedback and is exactly what GGG have asked for. so yeah people do know what they signed up for just because you dont agree with them doesnt mean they are whining.
Last edited by cosacee on May 8, 2015, 3:28:55 AM
"
rbdrachir wrote:
"
NetherPrime wrote:

only way to balance this change(which you cannot balance the enlightened change) is to buff the aura's above 50% enough so that they're extremely powerful alone.

purity of elements, purity of fire, purity of ice, purity of lightning, vitality, and now discipline are 40% auras now 35%

yeah my bad i misread the bit where they said they were changing the reservations of aura's, this is a good thing if they are making them useful.
"
Obidoobie wrote:
Okay so let me get this straight, you want to free up a gem slot by absolutely neutering reduced mana and putting its function on enlighten, which not only is a much much rarer gem than reduced mana but also requires you to level it a full level before you can even use it. Real smart yall /s. I dont get why its a smart idea to basically make reduced mana the new enlighten gem. Its cool that you guys want to give people a reason to use enlighten because its never used as it is currently, but making the two gems basically swap places its just lazy design guys. Why is there going to be any reason to use the new reduced mana? Also for the guy above asking why it seems like they're trying to push the new EB mechanic is because now that its harder to run all the auras you would like to you would need some other way to cast your skills, so it makes the new EB mechanic much more appealing. I dont get the logic behind "we want to make it so that taking EB is mandatoy" well it sure seems like we'll be headed back in that direction.

I believe at lvl 2 with enlighten you get a 96% mana multiplier so it is small but it has some effect.

What if they made a recipe or made enlighten a gem to be obtained from merciless archives quest?

We could all speculate that auras are changing for the worse but really you just need to take a "glass half full" approach to this change.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 12, 2015, 9:47:49 PM
the game is turning into a mmo, but without a clear direction

if you want to play only hardcore but skip one league you will need to waste a week to research every change (they happen so often). i dont think the game will be ever balanced.

before blaming kripp for turning casual ... ask yourselves if all these years wasted are worth it.
Last edited by wasabisamurai on May 8, 2015, 3:30:37 AM
I don't see the big deal. Enhance, Empower and Enlighten are meant to be amazing. Empower is BIS for most builds that scale off gem level (PA, any spell, etc). I really don't understand all the crying from one single Development Manifesto post - reduced mana needed to be removed, any gem that mandates a slot for all characters is a bit broken IMO.

Calm your farms people!
"
bendemiclol wrote:
reduced mana needed to be removed, any gem that mandates a slot for all characters is a bit broken IMO.

Yes. And Enlighten is okay.

????????????
"
cosacee wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
Id love it if they made enlighten easily available to every build via a cool (yet simple) recipe. It would make the people whining about this change shut up fast.

People, you know what you signed up for with this beta. Be patient, you dont need to complain at every inconvenience.

you know whats worse than people whining? people whining about people whining? which makes me whining about people who are whining... whineception, but seriously what you consider whining is feedback and is exactly what GGG have asked for. so yeah.

People here giving negative "feedback" on the change mostly aren't here to help by giving feedback. For the most part they are here to whine stamp their feet because something about their idea or build is busted due to a change.

A mild inconvenience causes them to take to the forums and suggest that they will quit the game because of this minor (probably for the better) change which many of them haven't even bothered to test out yet.

I'm suggesting they take a chill pill since it is a beta after all, so yeah.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 8, 2015, 3:37:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info