Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

I'm glad about the decision to make Reduced Mana not needed for Auras. Before it felt like you always had to have it (because you could potentially squeeze in another aura or had to to afford your costs).
However I don't like this plan about Enlighten. It's going to be expensive and you're going to have to spec more into aura reduction than before to afford your auras because you can't afford a lvl 3 Enlighten.
Low-life builds are having a hard time enough already (if you don't have a Shav).
I like the idea for the most parts, finally its starting to feel that you have to carefully choose what auras you are going to run. For me it seems like a good way to go.

But here comes potential problems.
1. How hard it will be to run auras without Enlighten? (coming from a player who has never had a lvl 2 Enlighten, Enhance or Empower.)
2.I think that Reduced mana support gem will become utterly useless. Average player will rather go to the distance to get enough mana from the tree than replacing one of the precious links on your main skill.
I agree with the change, compulsory gems sit very wrong with me, as long as using two or three auras is possible there's no reason for outrage.

However, I don't agree with making Enlighten the new RM, I like clean cuts.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
wasabisamurai wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

I'm not suggesting we tell GGG everything is great. I'm suggesting just a little patience on this matter.

THey need time to figure out the direction for this game! Not fine tunning or something.

Ive said before, the 10 year plan was a mistake.
They only care for new markets (asia, russia) instead of making PoE 2.

because path of exile clearly needs a #2
As many have already stated:

1. I applaud the removal of a defacto-required reservation reduction gem (Reduced Mana as it was), assuming that this makes it possible to rebalance aura reservations to make them more accessible;

however
2. Changing Enlighten to become a new reservation reduction gem only prevents this rebalance from being effective.

Oh they are making mistakes again. Such a big surprise.
IGN = DeizeCoC, DeizeCi, DeizeNUTS
"
Rory wrote:
reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels.

Reduced Mana can have much higher values than previously, making it a better choice for reducing skill mana costs.

So on aura's you say you want to reduce the socket pressure while on main skills you want to increase it?

Noone likes having to link mana leech \ reduced mana on their skills since every socket has a huge dps increase potential. I suspect expensive skills that would require this gem will be extremely unpopular. Same can be said for attack skills that require melee splash (since there are so many aoe attack skill nowadays).

Perhaps it would be better to give reduced mana another bonus (like the dmg on fortify).
Last edited by foojin on May 8, 2015, 4:23:26 AM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Strimlaren wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

People here giving negative "feedback" on the change mostly aren't here to help by giving feedback. For the most part they are here to whine stamp their feet because something about their idea or build is busted due to a change.

A mild inconvenience causes them to take to the forums and suggest that they will quit the game because of this minor (probably for the better) change which many of them haven't even bothered to test out yet.

I'm suggesting they take a chill pill since it is a beta after all, so yeah.

The reasoning behind the change is flawed, we are pointing this out, ie giving feedback.

And your comment about a recipe!? Are you joking? They might as well increase the xp gain on Enlighten just to give in to this whine, would it make a difference? It would still be as mandatory as reduced mana. Nothing will change that fact...

Just delete reduced mana from the game or at least don't introduce the same gem again under a different name. Let reduced mana reserved be exlusive to passives and uniques if you trully want change.

You don't make sense.

Leave him alone. I admire your passion going into a thread like that and trying to be reasonable, But you won't get into these people's heads with reason or common sense. As you've rightfully pointed out, they're here to cry and make a scene, let them do so and come back with reason once the dust has settled and only those who really care stay to (hopefully) discuss this in a more civilized manner. Right now, the crybabies fear the thought of getting their candy taken away, and even the most concrete vision of a chocolate bar that might come along with that won't shut them up.

Personally, i LOVE this thread. All those tears, just glorious.
It's hard to estimate the final outcome of this - but I fear the meta where it would become desirable to socket even an improved reduced mana to active skills.
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
"
ahcos wrote:

Leave him alone. I admire your passion going into a thread like that and trying to be reasonable, But you won't get into these people's heads with reason or common sense. As you've rightfully pointed out, they're here to cry and make a scene, let them do so and come back with reason once the dust has settled and only those who really care stay to (hopefully) discuss this in a more civilized manner. Right now, the crybabies fear the thought of getting their candy taken away, and even the most concrete vision of a chocolate bar that might come along with that won't shut them up.

Personally, i LOVE this thread. All those tears, just glorious.

I like your analogies. I Still feel obligated to drop logic bombs though.
Make Things For Smile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info