The Guide to Loot Filters

u seem to know a few things so i wonder...any idea how to post in forum bigger letters?
Hello everyone!

So I'm trying to use that item filter but there's a little trouble about the filter folder: when I change the name from xxxxx.txt to xxxx.filter it simply does nothing, the folder keeps a text folder and that's it. Is there anything I should know, a special application to use or something?

Sorry for the useless message, I figured it out: you have to use the user pannel just the way it's explained. Thank you very much!
Last edited by hebusgottferdom on Mar 25, 2016, 4:07:55 AM
thanks
Okay.

I've been trying to get Ziggy's loot filter to run in my Steam-launched PoE Client for the last hour and a half, and am having absolutely no luck. I've downloaded the .FILTER file directly; it's listed as .filter in the system, no .txt nonsense. it's in the SteamApps Path of Exile folder, where I have confirmed the game is running from. I've even eliminated the Perandus coin lines in the filter, in case it is for some reason not registering in Standard. I've restarted the machine, the client, and everything else a billion and four times, I've redownloaded/reinstalled the filter file, I've tried copy/pasting the raw text into a new filter file altogether. I've done everything I can think of short of installing a copy of the filter in every single folder on my computer.

THE G'DURNED THING STILL WON'T FLIPPIN' REGISTER!

Please, for the love of what shreds remain of my sanity...what am I doing wrong? Where is the disconnect? Where the HELL does this thing go, and why is it that following a step-by-step guide by the original author on YouTube ends in repeated, infuriating failure for no earthly perceivable reason?
Sorry its been a while, I have PM'd you regarding this.
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
I have the same trouble... lost 20% xp today dying for frostbearers because i didn't see the frost circle, do u know why?^a lot of shit drop in the field! XD

Why it cant work with steam launcher?
"
Brenovisky wrote:
I have the same trouble... lost 20% xp today dying for frostbearers because i didn't see the frost circle, do u know why?^a lot of shit drop in the field! XD

Why it cant work with steam launcher?

You'll find directions on how to install the filter of your choice on my thread regarding my filter:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1650615

To NOTE: you don't install the filter file in any steam folder for either of the launcher versions be it through steam or straight from pathofexile.com site.

Here's the copy paste from my thread about how to install also:

Instructions about how to install any item filter to for any version of the game client

To install the file, go to:

My Documents > my games > path of exile

Copy the file into the path of exile folder from the above path.

If you have the game open, back out to the login screen (to ensure the game client searches for new filter files)

Select your character, then enter the game

once in game, press O for options, then go to the UI tab, scroll to the bottom, then select the filter from the dropdown. If you downloaded it, select "hellcat5"

You should see "Filter loaded successfully."

That's it!

YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Apr 24, 2016, 8:19:21 PM
ok! Thank you!
Hi,

I searched on the internet and in the reply's to your initial post, but I haven't found an answer.
Is it possible to split up map drops based on the tier they have?
For example:
Tier 1-6 in green
Tier 7-11 in yellow
Tier 12-15 in red

Thanks for the info/help.

---> found it!!!
Last edited by Tim1612 on May 6, 2016, 2:18:10 PM
"
Once you have saved your Filter
Open the Options Tab in game
Select your filter from the "List of Item Filters" at the bottom of the UI Page.

There is no such option in my options menu. Has that changed?
Version is up to date, non-Steam. The extension is .filter, and I followed all the instructions on how to set it up, and how and where to save it.

edit: Repeated thw whole process, this time it worked. No idea what I did wrong the first time.
Last edited by Jojas on Jun 2, 2016, 7:55:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info