The Guide to Loot Filters

Hello all. Hope someone is still checking this post and i would love to get some help.

İ started the game a week before talisman , because im from d3 i just öade a charaxter to lv50 in standart just to learn some mechanics etc.

İ don't play every day by hours but still i enjoy the game , learning aomething everyday.

So far in 5 months i only played 3-4 spellcaster builds which i usually ended up using es gear because i used to be suck ( witch = int based item = es gear ) or if i cannot color a gear i simply used eva or armor based and all mixed up.

Now im a bit into game and atleast i learned jewels jewelleries es gear what is good whats sucks etc , and that im going to try ci discharger i would like to make some changes in my filter.

1. İ still cant understand many items just by looking at their name and pick them up , i gotta look the picture to see what base item it is such as for example vaal regalia.

2. İ always used neversinks filter so i just want to make some changes on it i really used to play with the sounds colors rbg gear/stone hammers/+-75ivi stuff colors etc.

3. Because i suck and because i havent played any eva armor based character i have no idea what to pick up and what to leave behind so i usuallly ended up not picking any ( same as with quivers etc )

Anyway because the es gear worth lots of currency and im gonna play ci character i just wanted to change the background color of hubris helmets/itanium shields/sorcarer gloves etc so i can just pick them up s/o slowing down and continue.

Just like neversinks filter shows sorcerer boots , is there any way to do this ?

İ would like to change all ilvl rare colors , and 70+ilvl blue ones too. How to add them and change the filter ?

İ tried to read this post and looked the filter txt and tried to do some s**t but ended up doing nothin so i erased it.

İ know i want too much , but if its a easy think to do and won't take much time , i would love that someone could code it for me , ( on the top of neversnks full filter )

Have a nice day/evening/night.

Stay safe and good luck

P.S.: i write this on my phone. Sorry for the wrong letters , and for bad english
I searched the thread for the meaning of DropLevel, but not understanding it.

Is it required Character Level to use an item or Area/Monster Level where the item starts dropping?

Like The Ledge: 6 / 42 / 56 but my character is 50.
Is there a list of item DropLevels?
www.lunaz.com/poe-fashion
www.lunaz.com/poe-filter
www.lunaz.com/poe-hidouts
Work In Progress
"
lunaz wrote:
I searched the thread for the meaning of DropLevel, but not understanding it.

Is it required Character Level to use an item or Area/Monster Level where the item starts dropping?

Like The Ledge: 6 / 42 / 56 but my character is 50.
Is there a list of item DropLevels?

Droplevel is the item level that's required for it to drop. For example:

The above item has a DropLevel of 15. It usually corresponds to the required level.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Thanks, does that mean the ONLY time required level isn't = drop level is if it's a unique item with a different required level than its base item?
www.lunaz.com/poe-fashion
www.lunaz.com/poe-filter
www.lunaz.com/poe-hidouts
Work In Progress
No - any (high enough tier) affix can raise the droplevel of the base item
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jun 14, 2016, 4:25:51 AM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
No - any (high enough tier) affix can raise the droplevel of the base item

This is not true at all for the purposes of filter creation.

You're thinking of the level requirement, which does equal the droplevel of a white item. A rare item with an ilvl82 affix is still going to have the same droplevel as it's base. For example, a rare harbinger bow drops with the highest tier affix. Both of the following statements will still return true in a filter:

DropLevel = 68
ItemLevel > 82

The ItemLevel is what dictates the affix, which can in turn increase the level requirement. But it does not affect the DropLevel.

Last edited by Antnee on Jun 14, 2016, 3:57:22 PM
"
Antnee wrote:

Uhh, thanks and sorry - I missed out that the filter implementation really only uses the baseitem's drop requirement.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

Uhh, thanks and sorry - I missed out that the filter implementation really only uses the baseitem's drop requirement.

No big deal, it actually took me a few passes to figure out exactly how to explain it properly... I absolutely understand the confusion.

Apparently, quest items can't be changed anymore.
Custom colors/sounds are ignored (default green text and sound always used no matter what).
However, the "Quest Items" class is still accepted by the loot filter handler, but there's no point in using it.
That sucks =[
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Jun 27, 2016, 4:50:18 PM
Ill investigate the reason behind this
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info