The Guide to Loot Filters

"
woockieszaman wrote:
Is it possible to set up highlight for example only 16% Two Stone Ring?

Nope, there is currently no way to filter by any specific mods, implicit or random.

"
Is there a way to highlight level 20 gems?

Nope, we have only quality here. Also filtering by item level doesn't work, the ilvl of a gem doesn't increase during leveling. It stays at it's ilvl from level 1.

But, aren't gems already shown with the level in brackets by default? I don't find a lot of leveled gems, so idk. I mean it's like "Tornado Shot (7)" for a level 7.
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Aug 6, 2015, 1:25:44 AM
In my loot filter all non-quality, non-vaal and non-valuable gems (empower for example) are hidden.

I would hate a Strongbox or some other circumstance where a level 20 Gem might drop but it will be hidden...
"
In my loot filter all non-quality, non-vaal and non-valuable gems (empower for example) are hidden.

I would hate a Strongbox or some other circumstance where a level 20 Gem might drop but it will be hidden...

Perhaps you should change that to have everything shown but unwanted things as such - shown smaller and mostly transparent
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
Hey there,

I made my own loot filter during the beta, and have been iterating on it ever since. Today i came upon something odd. In my filter i try to differentiate between uniques i've found often before and uniques i still want to find.

Most of this can be done by filtering out common uniques by base item type. However, there's quite a few item types with more than one unique.

The only way i could find to differentiate between those uniques is that several of them have different required levels. I always thought that meant they should start dropping at different levels.

This is where i started incorporating 'Droplvl' into my filter to differentiate between those uniques that have the same base type, but different required levels. As it turns out, this is not working as i expected.

The case that made me find out about this was Moonstone Rings. I had a rule in my filter that i hoped would differentiate between Time Clasp, Heartbound Loop and Shavronne's Revelation. To do so i made Moonstone <=20 (Loop) and >=24 (Revelation) show larger than Moonstone =22 (Clasp). When i found a Time Clasp today however, it showed up large as well.
I did some further testing, and it turns out both the Loop and the Clasp have a drop lvl of 25.

I hoped my rule would still work somewhat however, as there is also a req lvl 30 Moonstone, which by my logic would definitely have a drop lvl higher than 25. I proceeded by testing Coral Rings to see if that is true.
Corals have three uniques as well, Kaom's Sign (0), Bloodboil (24) and Sybil's Lament (45). As it turns out, no matter the level requirement, all share the same droplvl, being 1.

This made me wonder what droplvl actually means, and whether it's related to required level at all.
Turns out even that seems to have no relation, I tested white Moonstone rings, which have a requirement of lvl 20, and those too only started highlighting above droplvl 25.

As such, i'm now at a loss how to go about making rules that use the DropLvl of items for my loot filter.
Does anyone here maybe have a simple explanation of what is happening here, and what caveats there are when using DropLvl in your filter?

Droplevel is based on the first instance that the base item can drop

ie: Rustic Sash droplvl 1

Things like Andvarius which drops at itemlevel 75 i think....
whereas the base item is droplevel 8
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't have these Config files. Where do I get those?
If the game is installed on your pc, you have them.

They are NOT in the install directory...

They will be in

My Documents/My Games/Path of exile folder
Hi all, I've been reading this thread with much interest and have a few questions.

Could anyone advise me on the code to hide all white and blue items say below level 60 (or would it be all white and magics?) which do not conform to any other code listed above it?

For example I'm happy to see white and blue R,G,B items (preferably the smaller 4x4 or 3x1 slot items) and flasks, which would be identified in another code, but I'd like to hide the superfluous drops if possible. I'm just not sure how this should look and where it should go.

I'm pretty new to PoE still and my main has just hit 71 and while I play alts, I can always turn the filter off when playing them.

I want to thank Davros70, Antnee, Neversink, Hellcat5, Greendude, Thiole and ZiggyD among others, along with the great contributors to this thread for their awesome insight and trailblazing development with Lootfilters.

Thanks very much.
D
Last edited by Dazedconfused on Aug 13, 2015, 9:40:37 AM
"
davros70 wrote:
Droplevel is based on the first instance that the base item can drop

ie: Rustic Sash droplvl 1

Things like Andvarius which drops at itemlevel 75 i think....
whereas the base item is droplevel 8

Thanks. It's dawning on me that Drop lvl and Required Lvl are two totally different identifiers.

However, is there then a list of Drop lvls for base items, seeing as for instance Moonstone Rings have a Drop Lvl of 25, while having a Req lvl of 20?

----

DazedConfused:
You can add a 'Hide' rule block underneath all the blocks that Show items you specified in your filter, this will hide anything you didn't show before. If you'd like to hide everything you didnt specify just add 'Hide' and nothing else at the end of your filter.

I prefer to not hide everything thats left, but rather make it very small and transparent. If you like that add something like this at the end of your filter.:

Show
SetBackgroundColor 17 17 17 100
SetFontSize 18

I can give that a crack, thanks for the response.

Edit:

Also, I have it set up that the game only shows me RGB items that fall into the 2x2 or 3x1 space range however I found a RGB socketed Unique chest that did not appear visible, so I'm guessing I have something contradictory in my code somewhere.

Any tips why this would be occurring?
Last edited by Dazedconfused on Aug 16, 2015, 1:53:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info