[Item Filter] One Filter to Rule Them All 4.9.2 (Updated 2021-10-25 / EOL)

Ok I have some feecback: Wouldn't it be better to just show the crafting bases from f.ex ilvl 80 and up?
Nobody want a crafting base with low ilvl. With the recent changes to item mods
serious crafters don't want items with lower ilvl than 83-84 anyway.
As of now f.ex white Imbued wands show onscreen in the City of Sarn, and thats
not necessary imo.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1290356
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
freykin wrote:
Great filter, really enjoying using it. I do have a question, however. In regards to version 1.0.5, and Warbands:

"Added a Warbands section. Press "Alt" (Highlight items and objects key) to show hidden items. Those that have the potential for a Warbands mod (Helmets, Gloves and Boots) will have a blue border."

I'm not noticing this happening for me. I've been pretty hardcore farming Warbands, and I haven't seen this happen once. If I'm understanding this correctly, when I hold down Alt for highlighting items and objects, potential items should show up with a blue border, correct?

If it's helpful, I can go farm some Warbands and take screenshots of their drops, both with the filter on and disabled.

Thanks again so much for putting this together; it makes the programmer in me deeply satisfied to see something so meticulously maintained, documented, and updated.

This is a limitation of the item filtering engine more than anything. Because the first block that matches an item applies then all others are not processed it is very tedious to match multiple conditions on a single item. You need a block for every combination that you want to look different.

The warbands mods can apply to hats, boots and gloves. To fully differentiate them every single block that deals with one of those would need to have the border applied to it. Any block that deals with those and other things would need to be duplicated so a hat/glove/boot only version could be added prior to the original version.

Muldini's filter instead puts the Warbands border block late in the script. This is a lot better for maintainability but does have the downside of not applying the border to stuff that was already matched by one of the earlier blocks.
Thanks for explaining that, DracoArgentum. If I'm reading what you wrote correctly, then, if something drops that could be a Warbands affix item, but is matched beforehand, there should be no border, correct? Does that mean there's a chance that something that could have the affix, say, a one socket blue pair of gloves, could be hidden before the check to see if it should have the border, and therefore, shown, applies?

It sounds like if I'm understanding this correctly that I might need to make a customized version of this for myself for when I'm hunting Warbands, to make sure I'm finding every potential affix drop.
"
DracoArgentum wrote:

As far as I know the reward items have never dropped, that was just accident protection. The avian slippers are still part of descent champions so they would drop in the race and shouldn't be hidden.

Since you're scripting the bulk of the filter you could just script explicit hides per base type instead of the generic hide at the end. That way GGG can't mess you up by removing something from the item list. Anything not on that list isn't going to be a current generic drop, so it'll hardly ever be seen. People will almost certainly want it shown and there isn't much to gain from hiding something that rare.

That would lead to more lines I think, as the highlights would still be needed in a show-statement. Remember we're not just showing stuff, we also apply highlighting here and there.

"
matkod wrote:
Great update!
I've been mapping and i realised that lvl 73 maps drops are not easy too see in the middle of the fight.
So I increased to fontsize to 32 and now its much better!

((Image))

Screenshot to show why i think you should increase the size by default.
lvl<=73 font: 32
73<lvl<79 font: 35 + sound
lvl>=79 font: 40 + sound + border

even with the increased font its easy to distinguish the maps.

Another thing, why not highlight maps that could be chanced?

Thank you, I've changed the fontsize to 32 for Maps <= 73. All maps match before the chance section, so I'd need to implement an exception. Something I try to avoid as it leads to all sorts of questions. The other thing, and that's quite subjective so I'm not sure it's true, is that map chancing is kinda rare and something people do if they want something specifically? I don't know if indicating it might set a wrong default / impression.

"
freykin wrote:
Great filter, really enjoying using it. I do have a question, however. In regards to version 1.0.5, and Warbands:

"Added a Warbands section. Press "Alt" (Highlight items and objects key) to show hidden items. Those that have the potential for a Warbands mod (Helmets, Gloves and Boots) will have a blue border."

I'm not noticing this happening for me. I've been pretty hardcore farming Warbands, and I haven't seen this happen once. If I'm understanding this correctly, when I hold down Alt for highlighting items and objects, potential items should show up with a blue border, correct?

If it's helpful, I can go farm some Warbands and take screenshots of their drops, both with the filter on and disabled.

Thanks again so much for putting this together; it makes the programmer in me deeply satisfied to see something so meticulously maintained, documented, and updated.

If this is not happening (you can test this anywhere, not just after killing a Warband), then redownload the filter. I'm seeing tons of blue bordered helmets, gloves and boots. It is either shown as is (then it's matching in the progression section) or hidden with a blue border (then it's matching the warbands section).

Are you on 1.0.5?

"
Dkodr wrote:
Ok I have some feecback: Wouldn't it be better to just show the crafting bases from f.ex ilvl 80 and up?
Nobody want a crafting base with low ilvl. With the recent changes to item mods
serious crafters don't want items with lower ilvl than 83-84 anyway.
As of now f.ex white Imbued wands show onscreen in the City of Sarn, and thats
not necessary imo.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1290356

The list is called "crafting bases" but those are also the bases people use while leveling by either using the Rustic Sash recipe or alching them. I'm reducing the clutter by only showing them if they have three (1 hand) or four (2 hand) sockets. There are toggles to hide/show these bases while leveling and others that control whether or not those with less sockets are shown as well.
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 17, 2015, 3:45:44 AM
Hey I'm trying to get quivers to use chances on but I'm not sure how to get it to show all quivers. Quiver is only in the file 4 times and all of them say show. I think they are hidden though how would I change this?
"
Hey I'm trying to get quivers to use chances on but I'm not sure how to get it to show all quivers. Quiver is only in the file 4 times and all of them say show. I think they are hidden though how would I change this?

Open the file (I recommend Notepad++) and search for "### Chance", that will get you to the Chance section. There are multiple blocks already, simply copy one and replace the existing BaseType with the one you would like to chance.

I also recommend to have a separate file where you keep your changes, so it's easier to reapply them should a new version get released.

Let me know how it goes!

While we're on the topic of chance items. Should I add Desert Brigandine (Lightning Coil) and Full Wyrmscale (Belly of the Beast) now that they are T1 uniques?

Current Chance BaseTypes

Occultist's Vestment
Spine Bow
Judgement Staff
Gavel
Imperial Bow
Glorious Plate
Prophecy Wand
Vile Staff
Serpentine Staff
Leather Belt
Agate Amulet
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 17, 2015, 7:28:22 AM
"
Muldini wrote:
"

Open the file (I recommend Notepad++) and search for "### Chance", that will get you to the Chance section. There are multiple blocks already, simply copy one and replace the existing BaseType with the one you would like to chance.

I also recommend to have a separate file where you keep your changes, so it's easier to reapply them should a new version get released.

Let me know how it goes!

I also tried to change the chance section to include the base for Drillneck. Editing the filter using Notepad is quite annoyig.
I recommend using Filtration (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1287447/).
It makes it much easier.

Other than that great filter, thank you :)
"
Muldini wrote:

Let me know how it goes!

Well I did it and reloaded the filter. A Penetrating Arrow Quiver highlighted right next to me lol.
So I just have to check with other people, do all divination cards show up properly with this? I have been using this all the way to level 78 and I have only found a few (got to cruel a4 before seeing my first, and currently went from 70 to 78 without seeing any...), and they are the rarer ones. Surely all the cards can't be this rare, and no one is that unlucky, right?
Last edited by shadowscion on Jul 17, 2015, 10:21:26 AM
"
shadowscion wrote:
So I just have to check with other people, do all divination cards show up properly with this? I have been using this all the way to level 78 and I have only found a few (got to cruel a4 before seeing my first, and currently went from 70 to 78 without seeing any...), and they are the rarer ones. Surely all the cards can't be this rare, and no one is that unlucky, right?

Unless your file is somehow corrupted I can't think of a way the filter wouldn't display Divination Cards. I'm sure other people will confirm, however I'd like to explain why I'm confident about it.

Divination Card Filter Code (1.0.5)

#Divination Cards - Very Very Valuable
Show
Class "Divination Card"
BaseType "The Brittle Emperor" "The Doctor" "The Hunger" "The Wind" "The Avenger" "The Celestial Justicar" "The Fiend" "The King's Heart" "The Pact" "The Watcher"
SetTextColor 170 230 230 #Divination Card - Very Very Valuable
SetBorderColor 0 255 150 #Divination Card - Very Very Valuable
SetFontSize 42

#Divination Cards - Very Valuable
Show
Class "Divination Card"
BaseType "The Hoarder" "The Drunken Aristocrat" "The Pack Leader" "The Sun" "The Gladiator" "Abandoned Wealth" "The Incantation" "Time-Lost Relic" "The Dark Mage"
SetTextColor 170 230 230 #Divination Card - Very Valuable
SetBorderColor 175 96 37 #Divination Card - Very Valuable
SetFontSize 40

#Divination Cards
Show
Class "Divination Card"
SetTextColor 170 230 230 #Divination Card
SetBorderColor 170 158 130 0 #Divination Card

As you can see there are three blocks. The last one makes all cards appear, unless they were matched in one of the two blocks before. The reason is that it only states "Class Divination Card" without any specific BaseType. That's what's called a "CatchAll" statement.
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 17, 2015, 10:34:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info