4 Hour Endless Ledge (1)

what happened to people playing games for fun?
"
harddaysnight wrote:
There seems to be a lot of new people entering races. So for those new to Endless ledge here is some info.

1) Endless Ledge starts in a regular Ledge zone. There is a starting chest full of gear and gems. There will be a variety of weapons: 1H, 2H, and wand (and I think a bow). There will be a selection of common starting gems like you would normally get as the Hillock reward. There are also a couple of shields and a hat. (unless something changes from past races)

2) There are no towns to trade or fill flasks. There is no stash. Everything must come from the starting chest or drops.

3) At the end of the first Ledge, you enter a new zone. It may or may not be a Ledge zone. Common tile sets are Ledge, something similar to Sarn, and a Jungle area. Regardless of the tile set, it will be a narrow linear zone like the Ledge. So all zones will be a run from one end to the other. Except for the starting zone they are random. So you might get 10 Ledges in a row, or none at all.

4) If you bail out, you go back to the start of the current zone. Flasks DO NOT refill when you escape. You DO NOT regain your health except by normal regen. (hope for a coral amulet drop)

5) Once you enter a new zone you can't go back. It's a one-way exit.

6) Mob density is much higher than normal zones. So you level fast. As such, there is a larger jump in mob level with each zone.

7) This is a hard core race. But unlike most HC races you can die and still get credit for the level/experience you reach.

8) Since you still get credit if you die, it pays to go all out near the end of the race. No need to play it safe at the end.

9) If you die, you can start a new character. Unless something changed from previous events, your highest level character will count.

10) No parties and no trading.

11) It should be VERY easy to reach level 25 in 4 hours. So if you start late, go for it anyway.

12) Unlike other races, you DO NOT keep anything after the race. Neither your character nor gear migrate to perm leagues. USE YOUR ORBS, because you can't keep them. If you get an uber unique, it's gone after the race.

13) After the race your character(s) will migrate to the 'void' league. They will show in your character list, but you can't play them. Delete them after you make sure you have credit for the race. In normal races you can check your profile page events tab to see when you've gotten credit for the race. However, this race is a special event and I don't know how you'll know.

Awesome! It's going to be my first race ever, it seems like I had been losing some fun game mode here.
"
what happened to people playing games for fun?

It looks great fun! The feeling of being a race gives it something different, I also like the fact that you don't keep any items so you have to use your currency, it seems to have more monsters so leveling will be faster. What I haven't decided yet is if I should play in hardcore or softcore league, or is there only one option?
"
UkitalAran wrote:
What I haven't decided yet is if I should play in hardcore or softcore league, or is there only one option?

Only 1, and HC.
I'd like to add that races are a great way to learn to play the game efficiently. I learned more about this game from a single season of racing (poorly I might add), than from playing everyday for months. Watch some videos of the good races to pick up tons of awesome little tips and tricks and try to push yourself. Then come next league you will be amazed that you've learned how to level to 60 in one play session.

I don't have any chance of placing in this race but damn... is it gonna be fun.
People are wierd, I'd love it if races started 10pm or 6am my time. That's like nearly the most garanteed times not to clash with other things. I guess people are never going to be happy.

Thanks very much harddaysnight for the extremely useful information for newer people.
umm how do i register for it?
this says it starts in 5 minutes but in my game it says registration opens in 35 minutes??

this is my first race
im so confused why does this thread say it starts in a minute but in my game i cant register for a half hour??
I will not be joining this race, I did the 5 day solo because I knew after it was over I would get to keep my loot. I love LOOT grinding games, and to be honest get very excited when I see that special item drop. But to do any race where I don't get my loot afterwards ...no thank you sirs. I be loving me loot to much!!
Anyone thought that perhaps the idea is exactly to get in the beta those players who play at weird hours for god knows long and explore every angle on how to level faster? Kinda makes sense if they want the beta to represent all player base (streamers,supporters,HC players,racers,casuals etc).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info