The Awakening Supporter Packs

"
Talkii wrote:

if they would add a pack for 5$, with key only, i might buy it.
i just dont need shitty mtx, nor more stash tab.
the funny part is, this is still a FCKING beta.
they should offer it for FREE, so they dont have to pay people to test their software.
not to mention, u can nearly buy a full game for 30$ if u use your brain.
or play subscription games for 2-3 month.

Wah.

Last beta started off closed and later added the option to buy a key as well. No surprise that they do the same this time around too.
Last edited by tmblake09 on Apr 29, 2015, 3:28:08 AM
<3
"
Siliarus wrote:
I have to say I am a bit disappointed with those packs...

How come?
Compared to previous packs all we get are some lousy pets and weapon effects? Where are those nice looking sets? Or Hideout decorations? What the hell is a pet good for? Obstructing my screen during gameplay?

I mean I will likely support you anyway even without getting beta access but I do not really care for pets. Weapon effects are fine by me, but I expected a bit more.

These packs are more like "Hey u there, we have no leagues now and u gotta be bored. So if u want to play something a bit interesting and new, donate and u get a key!".

At least that what it feels like for me.

Just use the pets in your hideout and they will walk around
From Orlando, FL, U.S.
"
Hakurei wrote:
<3

@_@

I could stare at the prettiness under your name forever.
Hype! Can't wait to test stuff tonight!
Well done my favorite company! Just for beginning

I will upgrade it for sure! Maybe, i will get pack for 1k - this is pretty big money for Russia right now, but i will think about it! <3 Love for love!
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
Here is my money :/
Selling access to beta game, so people can pay you to test the game for you?
"
Cudez wrote:
"
ruhisu wrote:

Third, considering my experience with weapon effects, these ones you gave with the packs will look like same to me. There is difference when you go close to the character but in wider zoom its the same.

cheers

You sure you checked the right videos for right effects? They actually are wrong way around so if you buy Axiom pack the axiom effect is first in list. So - if you always check the last effect in list its always going to be the 30usd Awakening weapon effect.

GGG should make the list go anoyher way around tbh. I was thinking the same thing for a while too before accidentally found out the reason why they all look the same :P

best
cudez

yeah, i re-checked it. Perhaps, "same" was not the correct word, I' d say "similar". My impression towards weapon effects like this: the difference made by particle effects, see weapon effect with lightning vs. ghost flame. So, new weapon effects, all look similar to ghost flame effect which I already have. And, also probably I' ll have bubbles on my hands, thanks to herald of thunder. So, weapon effects are pretty much useless to me... Personal preference... .)
"
BalrogSC wrote:
Everyone wants the cool stuff, but most of us just can't afford it. It's starting to feel like GGG is working for the Canadian Devil.

This is the fifth set of supporter packs. You either support, or you don't. Wishing for it doesn't get you the stuff. They make it very easy to start small and upgrade later, or buy point packages as you go and then buy a pack with your points (up to 80% of the total value of a pack). For more complex payment plans, you can contact support and pay for a pack over time if the upfront cost is excessive to you.

Just like with any other good or service, you have to evaluate if it makes sense to you, personally, to purchase or invest in it. Many of us choose to support the game for a variety of reasons, but let me tell you mine:

Gaming is my primary form of entertainment. I've already put 400+ hours into Path of Exile so far, and I've spent $320 in supporter packs as yet (haven't bought the new one yet). That's less than $1 per hour of quality entertainment I am loving every minute of; plus, the company isn't shitty.

I know many people that go out to dinner three or more times per week. I know many people that go to a movie at least once a week, every week. With the current average price for parking, concessions, and the ticket prices; it costs around $35 to see a movie for a single person for a prime showing of a new release (around here). They got 90 minutes (sometimes you even get 2 hours, but movies have been trending towards 90 minutes lately) worth of entertainment for their money, and maybe some Coca-Cola and Milk Duds or popcorn. Multiply that times four, for 4 weekends in a month - and they are spending $140 monthly for less than 15 hours of entertainment and then looking at me like I'm insane for spending even a penny on a game where I can get potentially perpetual entertainment for my dollars invested.

Without getting into the social equality aspects of this issue, within the sphere of the market to which they are generally targeting these packs and in which most of us reside, this is more than fair and most of us are capable of making the proper judgement as to the value of the packs for ourselves.

Also consider there are plenty of actual pay-to-play and pay-to-actually-win games out there where people are paying thousands of dollars (and sometimes tens of thousands) weekly to one-up each other and get ahead. I support GGG for being one of the companies that took the high road on that approach and have stuck to the cosmetic and utility only MTX rule to this day and will likely do so forever. No one has dumped multiple tens of thousands of dollars into Path of Exile to win a league or reach level 100 in a race first, and you know they never will.

Even the very select few that paid $10,000 once for Ruler of Wraeclast did so knowing what they were getting and were very satisfied with the results. They received no in-game advantages and it's not an ongoing cost. There's pretty much an upper finite limit on how much you could have (or can) spend on this. You can get to a point where you could have every MTX possible and so many stash tabs it's silly to consider having more. At that point, you would never buy points to apply them to items; you'd be buying supporter packs only to support the game, which is the primary reason most people purchase them in the first place anyway.
Last edited by Llwellyn on Apr 29, 2015, 3:39:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info