A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

RIP arctic armour :(
The only upside I can see is that you can reserve 100% of your mana and use only your ES.
The downsides are much greater though. Most builds constantly use mana, so the ES regen will never trigger. This means you are forced to switch either your life regen or leech to your ES which greatly impacts your survivability. Also you no longer get a huge mana pool for your clarity and running arctic armour becomes impossible.

It's possible that I'm missing something, but there seem to be huge downsides and very little upside to this.
"
TripleOmega wrote:
The only upside I can see is that you can reserve 100% of your mana and use only your ES.
The downsides are much greater though. Most builds constantly use mana, so the ES regen will never trigger. This means you are forced to switch either your life regen or leech to your ES which greatly impacts your survivability. Also you no longer get a huge mana pool for your clarity and running arctic armour becomes impossible.

It's possible that I'm missing something, but there seem to be huge downsides and very little upside to this.

Agreed. This (the need to wait for ES cooldown whenever you spam skills and ES runs out, if mana is reserved out) would make EB builds a lot more frustrating to play.

And making a mechanic more frustrating to play is disastrous.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
Last edited by jerg on Apr 17, 2015, 8:24:02 PM
RIPepperoni dear friends
I need a signature to look legit
"
rockmassif wrote:
I honestly hope that we won't see this in the final version of the game but since you already posted it, guess there is no going back. Well, RIP EB. You will be missed.

We're testing this out and we'll see it on Beta, and see how it performs. If nobody can find a use for it, it'll change again!
Balance & Design
"
Boem wrote:
"
Splift wrote:

Can anyone think of any upsides or build enabling implications?

Reserve 100% of base mana, and utilize skills from your ES pool.
(get some form of ES recovery if needed for this, or be sure to take a nuke and retreat sort of play-style)

Peace,

-Boem-

(oh lol rory already responded with that :), reading time)
Thing is ghost reaver means you will need leech (could take a gem if spell/ele dmg) and will no longer have that option to recover life.

ZO takes a lot of investment for worse regen than we had b4.

There is a new affix we have seen on gems (maybe it could appear in other places tooooo) called energy gain on hit (flat amount). This could be viable but well have to see.

nuke and retreat could work. Something like discharge perhaps??
Last edited by Splift on Apr 17, 2015, 8:26:33 PM
"
Boem wrote:
OH MY

OH MY

Spoiler
is that the ES filler?

Does it come with mechanical changes? if it is what i think it is that is \o

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : ooh did not read the "keystone change" part to be honest. i am intrigued. Good job you little star.

Rory bringing in the hype.

Still signing every damn post I see.... I just don't get it.
IGN: Sin
I think this would help attacking builds a lot :
- reserving mana for auras and then leeching ES trough ghost reaver (life gain on hit and/or life regen for the life sustain)

And mostly affect this very-loved and very-stale caster meta revolving far too much around EB+AA (+MoM/cloak of defiance in 99% cases).

Would AA take from ES before mana ? I think that'd be important to keep it viable, as MoM/cloak of def would be nerfed hugely by this (total mana pool going down a lot).
Zealoth's oath would be quite good with this too. Life leech to sustain life, life regen to sustain skillspamming, mana fully reserved for auras, or fully used for mind over matter

On final note, in terms of UI, its gloriously perfect. It's very clear/obvious, more then the added es to mana we had before.
Last edited by neyhoumi on Apr 17, 2015, 8:25:29 PM
"
Rory wrote:
"
rockmassif wrote:
I honestly hope that we won't see this in the final version of the game but since you already posted it, guess there is no going back. Well, RIP EB. You will be missed.

We're testing this out and we'll see it on Beta, and see how it performs. If nobody can find a use for it, it'll change again!

Your screwed!

With this implementation, life regen modifiers actually become a desirable stat now.

It's going in the game guys, prepare your bun-holes.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Well it's time to sell my cloak of defiance and throw away the arctic armour gem. What 2 builds will we be allowed to play in the act 4 leagues? Maybe this time it'll be sweep and whirlwind. Yay.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info