A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

on the one hand you could reserve all your mana and still cast (until you run out of ES)

on the other hand, this will make it quite hard to get a decent mana regen(flat mana on gear is quite a luxury)

it just feels like i'll spend my ES at the beginning of a map and wont get to regen until the very end(because honestly, which casters doesn't use mana long enough to let it recover unless they hurt their clearspeed by A LOT)
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad
Last edited by C4pture on Apr 17, 2015, 8:20:14 PM
"
Splift wrote:

Can anyone think of any upsides or build enabling implications?

Reserve 100% of base mana, and utilize skills from your ES pool.
(get some form of ES recovery if needed for this, or be sure to take a nuke and retreat sort of play-style)

Peace,

-Boem-

(oh lol rory already responded with that :), reading time)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Absolutely love it!
Kory
Updated the first post with more details, keep the questions coming!
Balance & Design
Am I missing something or does this just ruin the primary thing people use EB for? IE, getting super high mana regen so they can sustain extremely expensive skills.

If you take it in combination with Mind Over Matter then your ES does what it would normally do anyways, just less effectively.

I'm not seeing the upside of this.
Last edited by Crocodarrel on Apr 17, 2015, 8:23:08 PM
This seems like a pretty hard nerf for most builds that use EB. The only thing this might be useful for is builds that have a high cost skill that isn't spammed, like traps or totems.
If I'm understanding this correctly (where Mana Regen will have no impact to ES regen) AA just became a total bastard to sustain, although I do like the impact to the ridiculous benefit EB/AA/CoD builds got defensively.

I've always considered Path of Exile to be a game about making decisions. Do you want Acrobatics? Okay well now you have 50% less armour and ES. Do you want a ridiculously high ES pool? Okay, no life for you (CI). Etc.

This is why I was really keen on the change to Warcries and the Cwdt-EC setup no longer functioning. Imho it goes back to the heart of the decision-making of creating builds, whereas in the current setup, you just get free 12% mitigation and don't have to do anything to make it happen except get hit.

I think this change to EB falls back into that line. The EB/AA/CoD setup was easily the strongest defensive choice you could make, without really sacrificing a whole lot to get it done. Now it falls in line with the rest of the defensive decisions: do you leech back your mana? Do you leech it back to ES with ghost reaver? Do you change your pathing to get Zealot Oath and rely on flasks or leech for your life entirely? Etc.

Great change as far as I'm concerned.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Apr 17, 2015, 8:22:34 PM
If your goal is to make running even medium to high level Clarity+AA extremely difficult, guarantee nobody will ever pick up the Mind over Matter keystone, and nerf Cloak of Defiance into the ground, you will achieve it with these changes.
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Apr 17, 2015, 8:22:42 PM
I honestly hope that we won't see this in the final version of the game but since you already posted it, guess there is no going back. Well, RIP EB. You will be missed.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Life regeneration applies to ES node is one way I can think of breaking this.

With that new amulet that gives 3% life regeneration you may finally be able to run cyclone on "mana" "I mean es"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info