A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

Without playing it all, it seems like it could be an interesting change that will benefit certain skills/builds. My only concern just looking at it would be anyone trying to run a high level AA getting the mana regen needed.

I imagine this would make stacking energy shield recharge possibly worthwhile. There appears to be 135% available on the tree, but I've never seriously tried CI and have no idea how strong the stat is.

Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking of some kind of trapper build, you can reserve 100% of mana, have enough ES to cast what you need to cast a few times, toss a curse and trap or two, than have enough recharge to get the ES back fairly quickly so you can consistently curse/trap/etc during combat without your survivability becoming an issue.

Definitely seems like an idea worth testing out anyways.
Spoiler
whichidebehappytodowinkwinknudgenudge
"
Can we have both?

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Does this change go tandem with other changes to ES or ES recovery or is it a vacuum change to meaningfully impact the meta and core build designs?

I am thinking of ralying cry for example that gives 2 flat mana regen(lvl1), which seems like a clear indicator mana was on your guys minds while tinkering about stuff.

I don't care either way, i make stuff work for me and not against me. So i am happy with this change.

But it would be handy to know if this is a vacuum change or other parameters need to be considered for reviewing this change.
Spoiler
Yes Feed us some spoilers Rory, you know you have to know, for feedbacks sake :E muahahahaha

:))

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
For some reason reserving auras on es,with blood magic keystone is all I can think of. Too bad they already said you can't do that.

To sum it up: anyone reserving all their mana will benefit from this, it'd be easy to get zealot or ghost reaver to sustain skill cost on es. But would also force people to play certain classes or have skillgrimages to achieve that. That's all fun and good.

However:

Arctic armor and mom would definitely be used less.
Im confused as all get out, my main is a RF incinerator that uses COD...I use EB to get a much larger mana pool, and to have good mana regen to run AA and to substain incinerate and ultimately fuel the COD's MoM feature...are they breaking this?

If so im sorry this just sucks, like seriously....fuck....like fuck. >_<

I don't think this game is for me anymore, to many large technical changes...things of this nature should of been said and done before game came out of initial beta phase...so annoying when games do large technical revamps this far in, changing how something works almost entirely! MoM is already a pain in the ass to fuel, throw in AA and it's even tougher! I don't mind tree changes, as long as something isn't changing so dramatically...hell even with 425 mana regen I still tend to go OOM with my CoD! But it's at least manageable, after this forget it! UGH!!!!

Last edited by justinmm1988 on Apr 17, 2015, 8:48:06 PM
This makes me frightened and uncomfortable.

On a serious note; this certainly seems like a nerf to me in a very general sense right off the bat.

But it is certainly an interesting way to make sweeping changes to the current meta, which in general I feel is good for the game.

The thing that stood out to me was how hard is this going to make running a decently leveled Arctic Armor, is the investment going to be too much, logistically and pragmatically speaking, for an already nerfed Arctic Armor?
Noblesse oblige
Although it looks cooler, why would anyone take EB then, for an extra aura? It makes no sense and is an unnecessary nerf to casters, CoD, AA. Keep the visual, but not the mechanics please.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
"
Rory wrote:

We're testing this out and we'll see it on Beta, and see how it performs. If nobody can find a use for it, it'll change again!

I'm all up for this being tested in the beta, if anything it could be put into an additional skill point behind Eldritch Battery.

Numbers on my EB/MoM/Lightning Coil ranger (very powerful combination for me)

Mana regen/second : 323.5 -> 197.8
Mana free/total : 1881/3503 -> 659/1562
Energy shield : 0 -> 1229

Interesting concept to allow players to use their skills when under heavy attack as a MoM character but very punishing to players balancing AA, the perfect amount of mana is ~43% of your health and is already hard to achieve.

It's possible for it to work but it will "ruin" a lot of builds, which is perfectly fine during such a big expansion, hell, builds should be ruined so people go play something else :^)
might as well remove AA and MOM from the game if this comes through because neither will be used at all anymore!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Rory wrote:
"
rockmassif wrote:
I honestly hope that we won't see this in the final version of the game but since you already posted it, guess there is no going back. Well, RIP EB. You will be missed.

We're testing this out and we'll see it on Beta, and see how it performs. If nobody can find a use for it, it'll change again!

Of course some builds can find a use for this, but it does seem like it will hurt AA and cloak users. If that's the intended reason for this, why not just come out and say that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info