[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

They really don't want you igniting anymore.

Flameblast loses chance to ignite on quality, as does Increased Burning Damage. I was hoping to offset some of it with quality on IBD but, guess not. IBD is now 0.5% burn per 1% quality.

So it looks like, before curse, the cap on ignite chance is going to be roughly 80% from tree (30%) and gem (50%), as they have improved the base ignite chance on the CTI gem now by 6%.

Which still isn't bad, I mean that's 94% with curse up.

Going to check fire penetration quality next I guess, but I bet that's unchanged. Also going to investigate if quality on flammability improves ignite chance.

(EDIT: Confirmed, fire penetration quality is unchanged).

Currently level 73, going to get 75-76 before I spec out of totems and try Flameblast in a 4L +2 fire staff.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on May 2, 2015, 7:00:35 PM
Update: Alright so I hit 77. Without a Searing Touch (which is a SIGNIFICANT portion of damage missing) using just a +2 fire staff with some cast speed on it and level 17ish gems, I'm getting 1k tooltip with Flameblast (CTI - Prolif - Conc Effect).

For sake of letting you know roughly how the math works, the change to proliferation is actually quite significant in terms of the damage reduction. A level 16 prolif has 22% *less*

Throwing it into my Infernal Mantle, I get 1,417 toolip with just FB + Conc, versus 1,107 with prolif in.

So I'm assuming my current 1.3 dps would go down from 2667 to roughly 2400 with the change to the Flameblast gem on its own, then down to about 1920 with a level 20 proliferation in.

It's a pretty significant hit, if my math is roughly correct.

Is it still doable to run this build in 2.0 with on the basis of the damage alone? Yeah for sure.
Would it still be ridiculously fast? No, but it would still be fairly fast. I'd say you'd lose about 2 minutes on your clear speed of a map.

That said, my planned 2.0 tree does compensate for a bit of the damage loss by picking up an extra 35% fire damage and 10% burning damage. Which should bring the tooltip up to around 2,100 again.

And by the way, those values don't reflect running Flame Golem either, so it might be 2150-2200 ish, which is definitely manageable.

The question then becomes: how to get AA working in the midst of all this, too. That's next on my list.

I'll be cross-posting this update into the OP.
Last edited by Serleth on May 3, 2015, 1:17:56 AM
good job keep on going!

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
I'll try to get more definitive numbers on this but I'm estimating that if we swap to Aurseize and a rare gold ring with 50%+ mana regeneration, we can run about a level 17-18 AA without losing too much IIR.

Assuming let's say.... 25% rarity on gloves and a 15/65 Andvarius in our current 1.3 setup, we'll hit 105% rarity between 1 Andy + gloves.

Conversely if we can get a perfect Aurseize (50%) and a 15/40 ring, we'll have 95% rarity. If you can get a perfect Dragons of Excavation (15/50), then it evens out.

And, swapping to a rare ring will give us the advantage of possibly dropping a purity aura, adding more dexterity for some flexibility to get even more mana regen on an amulet.

That said, the reason I went for dual andy in the first place with the 1.3 build is because it's cheaper than getting a great IIR rare ring. =(

But yeah, Rory said on Ziggy D's Q&A that changes to AA are probably coming down the pipe in both functionality and cost, so we'll see how that works.
Last edited by Serleth on May 4, 2015, 8:27:34 PM
So uh, yeah.

If Flameblast ends up not working out for whatever reason, Sire of Shards AB Flame Totem is *legit*

Check my video out here
I was starting this build >.<
"
wOnderzord wrote:

You'll have what appears to be at least 6 weeks to farm with it. From the research I've done in CB, it'll be almost as good, it's just a matter of finding a way to break level 17 AA, which will be the first thing I test when 2.0 goes live.

I'm just making sure I have backup options available just in case. =)
Last edited by Serleth on May 6, 2015, 5:25:13 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
wOnderzord wrote:

You'll have what appears to be at least 6 weeks to farm with it. From the research I've done in CB, it'll be almost as good, it's just a matter of finding a way to break level 17 AA, which will be the first thing I test when 2.0 goes live.

still using Searing touch right? ;_; ( bought a 6L one )
"
wOnderzord wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
wOnderzord wrote:

still using Searing touch right? ;_; ( bought a 6L one )

Yep! No change there. Carcass Jack too and Invitation Belt, etc.
"
Serleth wrote:

Yep! No change there. Carcass Jack too and Invitation Belt, etc.

Then I guess I'm your new little padawan!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info