[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

Have you ever thought of using double Doryani's Ctalysts ?
Of course. But FB is practically useless going ignite-based now in 2.0, which is the whole reason to use as much fire or elemental damage % as possible. So, unless you're going ignite-based (for whatever reason, proliferation sucks now) or crit-based (actually viable), a well-rolled rare with flat spell damage beats it out.

Perfect Catalyst: (100 + 10 elemental damage, +10 cast speed) x2 = 220% damage + 20% cast speed.

So, best you can get is 110% fire spell damage and 10% cast speed, no flat. That's fine if you're going ignite-based or crit FB.

But as of right now in WB you can pick up the following two wands for a total of 2ex:

- (19% implicit / 73 spell / 14 fire / 11 cast / 22-33 flat fire)
- (15 / 69 / 16 / 15 cast / 20-33 flat fire)

Two Perfect Catalysts: 220% fire spell damage, 20% cast speed.

Two wands (not even amazingly rolled): 206% fire spell damage, 26% cast speed, 42-66 flat fire.

Now, I've chosen these rolls with slightly less % damage than two perfect catalysts, because you're probably going to be running with a 93% and a 95% or something cata roll, but more importantly I wanted to showcase the benefit of running with flat added fire for non-ignite FB builds:

Now keep in mind FB operates at 50% effectiveness, so that 42-66 flat fire ends up being 21-33 added.

But then let's say you have 250% or so off the tree + the 206% from wands (456%). That ends up being 116.76 - 183.48 added damage.

Now at 10 channels (12x base damage), that becomes 1401-2202 added damage. And you get up to 10 channels faster than with catalysts (by a small margin, admittedly).

And as far as I'm concerned the new FB works best either as crit, or as non-ignite constant 10-channel blasting. And for non-ignite, wands are better.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 8, 2015, 2:21:32 AM
I decided making a MFer, had a 1/20 Flameblast gem laying around, so here I am at level 48 grandpa. Used the tree from this thread cause this is my first caster and I felt inadequate making a tree for a caster.

Just wanted to chime in and say that using Decoy totem works wonders for clear speed (getting mobs all in one place) and survivability (they all target the totem).

Also, got BBBG on my Aurseize, and linked my ice golem with minion supports. Chose other than fire golem cause I intend on getting Elemental Equilibrium, for moar DPS. As it stands now, the golem hits most of the mobs before the blast goes off, so this should prove fruitful. I plan on using flammability solely on rares/bosses manually.

Your thoughts on EE?
Under the current state of FB, probably wise to have something like an Arc Totem for exactly that purpose.
My solution is Ball Lightning+GMP+Curse on hit+Flammability.

All encounters go through following phases:

Cast decoy totem>Cast ball lightning (trigger EE + apply curse)>flameblast hard.

Quite enjoyable.

EDIT: Getting BBBBRR on a Carcass Jack is a massive pain. Wasted ~150 of them and still no go. Still rocking a tabula at lvl 65 in maps. (fb+fc+iae+ce+fp+iiq)
Last edited by ata on Sep 14, 2015, 7:04:06 AM
Hey would this work using incinerate/lmp/spell echo/firepen/faster proj/rarity

Started an incinerate build and thought of turning it into MF
Yep, should work fine.

Just make sure you take out Amplify and utilize Sniper instead.
What levels should i have on CWDT, Flammability and immortal call?
"
The_Sexy_Carl wrote:
What levels should i have on CWDT, Flammability and immortal call?

I only use CWDT for the occasional auto-cursing, so 1 & 5.

I've never actually used immortal call for any of my builds. Never felt the need. You can probably keep it at the minimum level required insofar as you're popping EC as an emergency-basis type deal, otherwise I'm honestly just not sure what the standard cwdt/ic level ratio is.
Hey, I wanted to suggest two changes for the templar tree:

Instead of going for Dynamo at the Scion area you can go for Rightous Decree at the Templar area which is a strictly superior node (22 increased maximum Mana/6% reduced Mana Cost of Skills against 16/5).
And at the witch starting area you can path through the 3x 4% increased Radius of Area Skills (and optionally take Blast Radius) instead of the 3x 10 Int nodes, which are probably less valuable then inc. AoE.
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info