[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

"
redix27 wrote:
Don´t you think...it´s better do a level 76 character for dropping at 100% efficiency? You can farm vaal fragments for example and low maps.

No, because once you exceed level 68, the drop penalty assumes you are always level 68, even if you're level 100.

If you go to that exp calculator, put in level 99 and 1% xp gain, you'll see the drop rate remains at 100% no matter what (insofar as the zone level is 66+).

From the wiki:

"
There is a penalty to the chance of currency items (scrolls, orbs, etc.) dropping in areas with a monster level more than two levels lower than your character level. For each additional level that you have compared to the area's monster level+2, the chance of a currency item drop is reduced by 2.5%.

So if you are level 30 in a level 20 area, you will see 20% less currency item drops on average:

2.5*(30-(20+2))=20

A level 30 character in a level 28 area will see no penalty.

Currency item drops are not increased or decreased in this way when fighting in areas above your level.

For the purposes of this penalty, your level is never considered to be higher than 68. Therefore a level 75 character receives no penalty in a level 66 area.

You lose a bit on drop rate if you farm Docks for Fragments, but that's kind of just your call.

Keep in mind the penalty only applies to currency items, so for the purposes of farming rares, you'll still get dem alts.

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on May 22, 2015, 4:54:44 AM
soon^TM I can try :D
IGN: WildTortillaFart
hey which gems is it important to get 20q on? for example AA, i dont really care about 7% mspeed as much as I care/need lv20 AA for lv76+ maps..

finally 5l'd my searing and it's a beast!
"
Ishamz wrote:
hey which gems is it important to get 20q on? for example AA, i dont really care about 7% mspeed as much as I care/need lv20 AA for lv76+ maps..

Gratz on the 5L =)

The only one that *needs* 20% is Flameblast. The others are optional. I personally go AA next, cuz move speed = faster clear speed.

After that I just recipe the other gems to 20%. In order, I'd probably go AoE, Pen. Chance to Ignite and Conc Effect you can leave unqualitied.

---------------

Also, quick update. I'm doing Poison Arrow (manual attack) right now the beta. The pack clear speed is pretty good, but the build itself is a bit more expensive to get there. Requires a 5L +3 bow to really start to get going. I'm not a huge fan of the boss damage atm, but I'm still about 3k dps away from having the build's damage output maxed out. Currently at 7k dps on the cloud (from tooltip).

Going to continue working on alternative options in case the new AA sucks balls for Flameblast. Damage is fine for FB but with the nerf to clarity, a level 16 AA is barely sustainable without heavily investing in more regen on gear or off the tree.
Last edited by Serleth on May 24, 2015, 1:52:12 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Ishamz wrote:

Gratz on the 5L =)

The only one that *needs* 20% is Flameblast. The others are optional. I personally go AA next, cuz move speed = faster clear speed.

After that I just recipe the other gems to 20%. In order, I'd probably go AoE, Pen, CE. Chance to Ignite you can leave unqualitied.
Thanks!
What do you mean by "recipe" them? isn't that the only way? lv20 gem + 1gcp = lv1 gem with 20q
Or am i missing something here haha
Unless rich enough to buy 20 gcp for each gem..
"
Ishamz wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Ishamz wrote:

Gratz on the 5L =)

After that I just recipe the other gems to 20%. In order, I'd probably go AoE, Pen, CE. Chance to Ignite you can leave unqualitied.
Thanks!
What do you mean by "recipe" them? isn't that the only way? lv20 gem + 1gcp = lv1 gem with 20q
Or am i missing something here haha
Unless rich enough to buy 20 gcp for each gem..

Yeah, that's what I mean. Speaking from a perspective where currency is still an issue / new challenge league, etc. I just wanted to clarify that I'd do the recipe rather than buy gcps.
"
Serleth wrote:

Yeah, that's what I mean. Speaking from a perspective where currency is still an issue / new challenge league, etc. I just wanted to clarify that I'd do the recipe rather than buy gcps.
Actually I just checked and I have 25 gcp, might use 20 on FB instead of having to lvl it from lv1 again.. thanks for clearing that up :=)
"
Ishamz wrote:
Actually I just checked and I have 25 gcp, might use 20 on FB instead of having to lvl it from lv1 again.. thanks for clearing that up :=)

Whuff, my bad for not being 100% clear. I'll drink more coffee before replying next time ;)

Yeah, Flameblast is the one gem that I actually buy GCPs for.

Also, what I do in new leagues is I level as many FBs as I can in my offhand slots, 20% recipe them, relevel to 20, then vaal for 21 =D
Been having a blast with this one, running one andvarius and sitting at 234% mf ...

At lvl86, my flameblast tooltip is 1921, with lvl 18 flameblast ...

I'm running Clarity, Purity of Elements, Purity of Fire, and HoT with Flammability on CoH setup, find it a lot faster going with auto curse through maps, than solo cursing critters ...

Also, started to run AA which is at lvl18, and my clarity is at lvl17, so my question is, why even bother running discipline (or I'll feel the need when both AA and clarity hit up higher levels) when i'm sitting at 472 unallocated mana after all these auras, my max mana is 1890 and with 253.7 mana reg per second I dont have a single problem with mana ...

Also, didnt notice anyone mentioning, but I'm using Reapers Pursuit for extra MF kick when finishing bosses, does its MF stack ?

IGN: Sarumanica
Last edited by Lorodrins on May 26, 2015, 4:52:55 PM
"
Lorodrins wrote:
Been having a blast with this one

I see what you did there. ;)

"
Also, started to run AA which is at lvl18, and my clarity is at lvl17, so my question is, why even bother running discipline (or I'll feel the need when both AA and clarity hit up higher levels) when i'm sitting at 472 unallocated mana after all these auras, my max mana is 1890 and with 253.7 mana reg per second I dont have a single problem with mana ...

Also, didnt notice anyone mentioning, but I'm using Reapers Pursuit for extra MF kick when finishing bosses, does its MF stack ?

Discipline is for Level 23 AA, and to make running a higher level AA easier, earlier. If you drop Discipline, you will notice the difference.

Yes, Reapers will stack but if you don't feel like being bothered with timing your lightning warp cull, you can use fire trap in Doryani Catalyst instead with Conc Effect and IIR, and Wheel of the Stormsail.

Personally (if I was going to worry about getting extra MF for boss kills) I'd just carry around a life flask with Sapping on it, triple-tap it to kill my mana pool, then pop Divination Distillate instead.
Last edited by Serleth on May 27, 2015, 2:16:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info