[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

Trying this in the 1 month softcore, really difficult to get any gear, only 1 searing for sale at this point :o early days tho
"
Primefunka wrote:
Trying this in the 1 month softcore, really difficult to get any gear, only 1 searing for sale at this point :o early days tho

Yeah, unintentional side-effect of posting this build I think, I'm getting a lot of questions about how to get one early. Sorry about that. ;)

P.S. I picked up one of those Searings. :O

P.S.S Good news is you can offset not having a Searing Touch by running a Tabula or a cheap 5L ar/es chest. That will allow you to run Conc Effect and you can temporarily spec into Blast Radius to offset not having a Carcass Jack. Then run dual wield sceptres with as much explicit fire % damage as possible to take advantage of the double-dip. Alternatively, you can buy a cheap 5L staff and roll +2 fire on it as well.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on May 12, 2015, 2:17:18 PM
Hey,

I really enjoy your build. Im lvl 73 in the new league right now. I have 5l what should i get there. Currently im with FB-FP-Spell echo - EP - Change to ignite ? Also idk but seems my dmg is not very good. Im with 2 wands :) Cant get searing torch it goes for 3ex right now :P
Last edited by velislav87 on May 12, 2015, 10:50:07 AM
"
velislav87 wrote:
Hey,

I really enjoy your build. Im lvl 73 in the new league right now. I have 5l what should i get there. Currently im with FB-FP-Spell echo - EP - Change to ignite ? Also idk but seems my dmg is not very good. Im with 2 wands :) Cant get searing torch it goes for 3ex right now :P

Spell echo as far as I'm concerned isn't the correct way to go. The links I use are FB - CTI - Ele Prolif - Fire Pen - Conc Effect. Even without Searing, it ends up with solid damage output.

You should also switch to sceptres. "Elemental damage %" and "Fire damage %" apply both to the initial hit AND double dip into the burning damage, which will improve your clear speed, whereas the "spell damage" implicit on wands only applies to the initial hit.
Thank you! You are the best :) Also without spell echo it is really hard to chanell FB and its very hard to hit/kill fast mobs. Any advices about the gameplay with that little spell speed ? my FB cast time is 0.26
Last edited by velislav87 on May 12, 2015, 6:36:04 PM
"
velislav87 wrote:
Thank you! You are the best :) Also without spell echo it is really hard to chanell FB and its very hard to hit/kill fast mobs. Any advices about the gameplay with that little spell speed ? my FB cast time is 0.26

When you're rolling conc effect, and especially when you're rolling conc in a searing touch and a 20% FB gem (so, 92%+ ignite chance), cast time becomes pretty much irrelevant in 1.3. That's why whenever somebody tells me they're using spell echo, I get a little bit sad.

There's a trick you can use for it, and if you watch one of the full clear videos you'll see me do it quite often: stuttercasting.

You don't have to wait for FB to charge, delay, hit. The moment that you do anything else (curse, move), the channel stops and immediately hits where you've targeted.

So aim, channel, move, bam, instant cast. And with conc effect in, 1-channel hits will clear white packs and most blues (may need 2-3). With spell echo to get the same damage, you would need 4-6 channels.

So there's two advantages to using conc effect: 1) you can stuttercast *whenever* you want and thus simultaneously have full control over how many channels you fire with. On top of that, you can repeat casts pretty much as fast as you can click until you hit your fast-moving target. And 2) CE is *significantly* more powerful at 10-channels than a spell echo setup. Aka, one-shot boss territory, which straight up doesn't happen with echo unless you crit.
Last edited by Serleth on May 12, 2015, 8:48:12 PM

The easy money drops keep flowing.

:P
Why not take the Heart of Flame/Breath of Flame passives btw? and what about inc burning dmg gem as 5th link?
"
Primefunka wrote:
Why not take the Heart of Flame/Breath of Flame passives btw? and what about inc burning dmg gem as 5th link?

It's a guarantee that I'll be doing this for 2.0 due to the change to Flameblast's quality, but Breath of Flame is unnecessary as far as chance to ignite goes in 1.3, and that's the only reason to take that half of the branch.

Those four points you would spend in Breath of Flame can instead go into the Blaze path of Shadow, which dovetails nicely to getting Shadow life and access for your choice of either cast speed or more elemental damage.

At that juncture, the 7 points you spend heading into shadow start and the two starting templar elemental damage nodes add 68% elemental damage. Heart of Flame has a wasted point before you get 71% fire damage from that branch, and the 3% penetration, then you'd have a spare point to add on. So yeah, for a level 91 tree, it makes sense to respec there, but for leveling, those are 6 valuable points to get more fire damage that you need to allocate instead towards either life nodes, mana regen, inner force, Sovereignty, or Influence.

I've deliberately left my own personal final tree (which has made that respec) off the guide because a good portion of players are sub-90 and I wanted no confusion about the pathing as far as leveling the build goes and the things that are necessary to get it to function well. It's an end-end-game respec that *requires* level 90 in order to do.

As for IBD, it's flat out worse than Conc Effect for the 5L. "Increased" = additive, "more damage" (conc) = multiplicative, and whereas IBD only impacts the burning damage of Flameblast, Conc Effect double dips on both the initial hit and the burning damage.

IBD is your 6L gem if you want more damage instead of IIR/IIQ.
Last edited by Serleth on May 13, 2015, 4:55:51 PM
Hey again, would you mind posting your defence tab stats? I'm dyin too mcuh but have no clue how to upgrade my defences.. kinda dying too much and it slows me down, im 75 now.

MF is going great tho, 27%/140% and I get like 1 stash of uniques everyday.. have gotten a drillneck and an alpha's howl so far :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info