[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

Just want to say thank you sir so much for your guide. I found it yesterday browsing reddit. Have a couple of andavius laying around so popped those in along with a goldrim and holy balls found a tabula rasa at lvl 9! It is my best poe experience yet. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to 2.0 with this build!
Glad you're enjoying it so far =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
So just a quick update.

AA now requires 25% mana reservation in exchange for it's % defense without mana drain.

I'll have to test it more thoroughly to see how to balance it all out but it appears as though we'll be able to get away with running a lower level clarity, or alternately using Aurseize + Andvarius instead of double Andvarius, in order to drop Purity of Elements and free up aura space, depending exactly on how high a clarity we end up needing. Could be just fine, since we won't be using Discipline anymore.

It'll mean the build will get slightly more expensive to reach the same MF values if we do end up having to drop one Andvarius, but ultimately what it translates to is that this build will be just fine in 2.0.

Also, Flameblast now casts faster (0.2 instead of 0.3), so we'll be able to get channels quicker and thus keep our clear speed relatively balanced.
I know it's still subject to change, but:

http://imgur.com/iqRPuOf

It's only defending us while stationary.. this is going to hurt, I guess. do we need to take in light warps?
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:
I know it's still subject to change, but:

http://imgur.com/iqRPuOf

It's only defending us while stationary.. this is going to hurt, I guess. do we need to take in light warps?

Most of the damage this build takes is while stationary and channelling. When you're moving, you can avoid most of the incoming damage. And with lockstep, you can actually sidestep things like charging rhoas and blackguards, etc.

The one instance I can think of where this will actually make a significant difference is the Porcupine Goliaths. But I'm pretty sure that'll end up being manageable by popping a granite flask and actually just sitting there instead of trying to dodge.

Rerolling now to test it (was running a different build before today's patch). If it's still an issue, then we can definitely do the Andvarius/Aurseize swap, drop Purity of Elements, and take MoM which is in a *much* better position now.

I don't know what you mean by "Do we need to take in light warps." But I'll say this: you should be using it anyway for emergency escapes.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 5, 2015, 2:11:02 AM
Sorry for being unclear.

Since lockstep seems to work just fine, walking is acceptable. In Live there are some guys just using LW to get around instead of running, they also save flask slots (no quicksilvers) that way.

Zero time for playing beta atm, do you mind putting down one or two lines for your levelling progress / hurdles to overcome?

They have also moved our burning-cluster north, bleh. Is gameplay still fluid and intuitive?
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:
Sorry for being unclear.

Since lockstep seems to work just fine, walking is acceptable. In Live there are some guys just using LW to get around instead of running, they also save flask slots (no quicksilvers) that way.

Zero time for playing beta atm, do you mind putting down one or two lines for your levelling progress / hurdles to overcome?

They have also moved our burning-cluster north, bleh. Is gameplay still fluid and intuitive?

Eh, I'd still use a quicksilver anyway, smoother for me personally.

Might be difficult in regards to the hurdles, since firetrap/searing bond right now is bugged. And I'm also at the point where I was able to afford a 5L Searing Touch so, it should be relatively easy for me.

That said when I first got into beta, I levelled from nothing and provided some of my thoughts here, and on page 9.The change to Lit Tendrils AoE makes it more annoying but it's not a huge deal, you can still 3L fire trap in a +1 sceptre just fine. I ended up doing a temporary respec into Ancestral Bond in order to dual flame totem with fire trap, which seemed to end up being overall a bit easier. But this was also before the introduction of the trap/mine damage support.

The movement of the burning cluster honestly doesn't change anything for this build. It's an identical amount of points.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 5, 2015, 5:57:58 PM
Hey Serleth!

Just wanted to drop in and say how much fun I'm having with this build. The uniques are flowing! Got a kaoms chest already, and lots of other low tier uniques. I was wondering if you would take a look at my gear and suggest me on what to upgrade next --

I am on the lookout for a higher roll doryanis, and I replaced aurseize so I could cap my cold resistance. Im still over 300% IRR and 3k life. Life feels a little low, but as long as I'm a little cautious I never die (Channeling FB too long on a ele reflect pack, oops :D)

ALSO: How do you maintain ID scrolls?? :P I catch myself vendoring stacks of transmutes to keep up with ID scrolls. Is there a better way to obtain scrolls?

Thanks again for the fun build!!
@Salient92

Glad it's going well =)

You're almost there, to be honest. Work on finding a similar amulet with life, a similar pair of gloves with better IIR, and a higher life Carcass Jack. That's about it.

As for scrolls, it gets difficult, but I only keep about 10 transmutes at any given time, then I vendor any transmutes more than that, as well as whetstones, scraps, and portal scrolls. It'll slow your clear speed down a bit but if you pick up literally every scroll/scrap/stone/transmute you see drop, you'll end up being able to maintain your scrolls.

Alternately, do some catacombs/library/archives runs, since those have scroll racks, or grab a Perandus Signet and swap it in for a few maps until you rebuild your scroll pool.
So, the big knock against this build in Beta right now is the huge hit to Proliferation radius. Damage is reasonable, and the clear speed is still okay, but Prolif no longer increases its radius as it levels. It stays flat at a 12 radius compared to the 33 you get out of a level 20 prolif on live servers right now.

Essentially what this means is in order to get even reasonable AoE off prolif, you need to take points from somewhere and invest them into the entirety of both Blast Radius and Amplify clusters, as well as running Carcass Jack.

The change to AA is "okay" for this build but as of right now I find myself still having to carry a mana flask for a few situations, which pulls the Granite out of the mix. And I'm not liking that, nor the possibility of having to take EB/MoM. I'm going to futz around with that more before I make a final decision.

I'm still going to update this build, and complete it for a final analysis before 2.0 goes live (or afterwards, depending what other changes come across in the final version of 2.0), but you can expect me to be actively searching for another build to MF map with.

Right now it's looking like we have three main possible replacements:

For me personally, I think Poison Arrow is going to be the replacement. It will be more expensive to get off the ground, as it will require a minimum 5L +3 bow and Drillneck in order to really start getting potent clear speed, but with the changes to PA and Slower Projectiles in Beta right now, it's doing quite well.

Sire of Shards Flame Totem is another option, as they've continued to improve Flame Totem over the course of the Beta. It suffers a little bit on boss damage but offers similar clear speed, at least for low to mid-level maps.

Lastly (and I haven't tested this yet): Ice Crash. That's next on my list after I get my Carcass 5L'd.

As a sidenote, I'm also going to be testing an EE trapper for this.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 7, 2015, 8:55:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info