Item Development - Information

Considering how delayed the expansion already is, I was *reeeeally* thinking they'd have it wrapped up by the middle of May.

"Later this year" sounds pessimistic to me, though. Maybe June? July? I guess mid-May is still possible, but I'm losing hope.
Team Won
Read through first few pages of content, and it would seem that I'm the only one who noticed that they implied that expansion won't be launched for at least six more months.

Somehow I think that the whole skill thing was aversion to slowly introduce the fact that the expansion people are hyped for won't come out for a looooong time.

Was funny seeing all the streamers making plans for a weak after 1month - I knew all along that it would take them ages.
GGG does nothing in a timely manner.
I actually like this item, economy breaking as it might be, having retardedly overpowered items to strive for in the end game, is always good in my book.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Read through first few pages of content, and it would seem that I'm the only one who noticed that they implied that expansion won't be launched for at least six more months.

Somehow I think that the whole skill thing was aversion to slowly introduce the fact that the expansion people are hyped for won't come out for a looooong time.

Was funny seeing all the streamers making plans for a weak after 1month - I knew all along that it would take them ages.
GGG does nothing in a timely manner.

Chris is in America right now on a hype publicity tour, so I dont get why people think it wont be within April.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
it will be at the end of 1M anyway, just after or 1 week after, no reason to worry more.
IGN TylordRampage
It has probably been suggested already, but why not give the player a ghost skill (like how riposte/reckoning gives you a "disabled" skill) for icestorm when equiping the staff, presenting them with the otherwise hard to convey information.

That's not a general solution, it probably would'nt work for Zahndethus' Cassock, but with this staff atleast it would be difficult to find out how the spell scaled otherwise.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Arcis wrote:
why don't you just make it so the mod says "Grants the Icestorm skill" ?

Yes. Listen to this fellow. Take the level off of it. It isn't relevant anyway.

"Grants Unique Icestorm Skill"

"

+1 How powerfull could be lvl 20 gem when lvl 1 rocks at endgame? Pls make it as said above "Grants Icestorm skill".
Diablo 3 is tutorial for PoE.
10/10
You'll be able to see the final result of our ongoing discussion when the expansion containing Act Four launches later this year.

Am in a some kind of parallel universe?
Hey GGG, I have few suggestions:

- You should really REALLY look what rarity table you will put this item. If by mistake you make this items too rare, you will create again a gated content.

Like Taste of hate, the atziri gloves, If this item is too rare you will just make people trade around it and instead of diversity the market will restrict it again to the richest.

I know playing the market is fun for devs, but please if you do again gated content because of RNG, you will angry people.

- I personally find gems attached only on items a nice idea if those gems are very well polished and can t be the best in slot. If those gems become the new tornado shot then please just forget the idea.

Imo a better thing would be special curses or auras in items. Auras and curses can be powerful but if they are designed as support for the build it would be more interesting as a unique only source.

I know death oath did it, Imo in end-game unless its pvp it failed. So maybe auras or curses only items should be able to scale on some ways.

-finally, I think this should have popped in a 3l or 4l instead of a possible 6l. It would have been easier to test and instead of becoming too powerful as a primary skill, people would have used it as a secondary skill.

I applaud the effort to create a new Meta and new ideas in the game. I hope to see more new stuff in 1.4.

Of course I hope this is fully tested and it will not create new legacies in the future.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 8, 2015, 3:47:45 AM
I'm sorry if this has already been said, but I think an elegant solution to the item would be to change the affix:

The first socket in this item is permanently occupied by level 1 Icestorm.

This way, there is no abuse having "7-links" on the item, while still allowing support gems to affect it, and it also gives access to the details of Icestorm without having to equip the staff: Since they actually have the gem tooltip.

Cool item, and thanks for the info, btw.
Last edited by Jonmcdonald on Apr 8, 2015, 3:38:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info