Item Development - Information

"
Drumheller wrote:
"
jacky5047 wrote:

Wrong.Check this out. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jaws_of_Agony
"Support gems socketed in the item link with the granted level 20 Bear Trap Skill. Effectively this allows for a four link bear trap in a three link shield. The use of the Multiple Traps support gem results in thre..."

How does that work if the sockets are not linked? Do you get 3 instances of Level 20 Bear Trap skill with one different support on each instance?

No. You get one instance of Bear Trap supported by any applicable supports in the item, regardless of links.
Instead of arguing about a skill that isn't released, lets focus on how sad it is that act 4 doesn't seem to be coming out this month :(
"
"
Drumheller wrote:
"
jacky5047 wrote:

"Support gems socketed in the item link with the granted level 20 Bear Trap Skill. Effectively this allows for a four link bear trap in a three link shield. The use of the Multiple Traps support gem results in thre..."

How does that work if the sockets are not linked? Do you get 3 instances of Level 20 Bear Trap skill with one different support on each instance?

No. You get one instance of Bear Trap supported by any applicable supports in the item, regardless of links.

Thanks Daniel!

In that case, the linking becomes unnecessary. Every 6 socket of this new staff is effectively a six (seven) link automatically.
Last edited by Drumheller on Apr 7, 2015, 11:20:45 PM
"
"
Drumheller wrote:
"
jacky5047 wrote:

Huh. I always assumed it was the other way around.

So am I correct in assuming that if you socket six applicable support gems into this staff, you get a 7-link skill regardless of whether or not all of the sockets are actually linked together?
"
Aggnog wrote:
Yes you get separate instances.

You are wrong. I am familiar with Jaws and it requires no links.

Every support gem socketed in it support Beartrap at the same time - regardless of links. Just like mark said in the second post of this thread.
IGN: VistaChris
"
VistaChris wrote:
"
Aggnog wrote:

Every support gem socketed in it support Beartrap at the same time - regardless of links. Just like mark said in the second post of this thread.

In this case, I assume this staff will be a rather rare drop as it will be a Tabula Rasa with stats and a built in skill.
Last edited by Drumheller on Apr 7, 2015, 11:20:25 PM
"
"
Drumheller wrote:
"
jacky5047 wrote:

Cool, so we can get a 7L spell without linking the actual staff?
That should tell you how balanced it is.

People spend fortunes to get their 6Ls because a 5th support makes a huuuge difference for endgame. This staff would give a 7-link without a single fusing spent.

Sorry GGG, but this is just a terrible idea in it's current form. Icestorm itself is a long-awaited skill but not like this please ...
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on Apr 7, 2015, 11:25:26 PM
"
Drumheller wrote:
"
VistaChris wrote:
"
Aggnog wrote:

In this case, I assume this staff will be a rather rare drop as it will be a Tabula Rasa with stats and a built in skill.

Probably rare yes. Grants a skill that you can support with 6x support gems without any links. You just need the 6 sockets.

Rare or not - it should definitely be end game viable.
IGN: VistaChris
"when the expansion containing Act Four launches later this year"

This makes me think that the next expansion won't be act 4, and if it is act 4, it won't be released on april or may. =/
I like it. Oskills aren't a mechanic I want to see often, but unique items are supposed to be special and defy conventions. I like the idea of a staff that comes with its own special brand of magic, if this was a helm I would be a lot less enthused.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info