What's Being Kept from Torment/Bloodlines?

Plink and necrovigil aside, I think the mods are either irrelevant (pulseblood, zeal, vigor, etc), good (beyond bosses, trove, living blood), or just unfun / fake difficulty that penalizes certain builds (bearers, obelisks). Even if herald of the obelisk was improved to include which variants were going to spawn (which it should) it would just make the game much more enjoyable if the the league was just put to map mod only. Basically anyone else I've talked to that really hardcores the game thinks the same thing.

Another reason why i hate these mods is they are actually just stolen from d3 which as everyone knows rocks Kappa. Molten + arcane = bearers + spiral obelisk. Also if bloodlines gets ditched (lets pray) i think abaxoth mod on rares would work great SMOrc.

Reposted it from reddit just to make sure my hate reaches to new zealand.
Last edited by Etup on Mar 10, 2015, 2:20:39 AM
First they announced the removal of the CWDT combination next they announced that bloodline packs will be implemented in the core game. What comes next to slow down the gameplay? Maybe the max movement speed roll from boots will be reduced from 30% tp 15%?
Yeah, let's make those few fun and interesting uniques extremely expensive so almost no one gets them.

Looking at you, Scols Bridle.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Nutius wrote:
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
Nutius wrote:
Some players want the game to be slow, dark and dangerous. They want to sometimes have to stop to consider whether the fight is worth the risk or not. They want to be killed if they make the wrong choice.

Some players want to explode screens by holding down the right mouse button, and clear 20 maps per hour while watching TV.

I think the only way to cater to both groups of players, is to seperate them. How about introducing a new standard-only active skill "Explode Screen" while making every map in hardcore have the mod "Monsters in this map are one huge P-link pack"?

Well, I am taking it a bit far, sure, but the general idea is a good one, no?

Bloodlines monsters are not dangerous in the slightest, except arguably heralds of the obelisk. The reason people hate phylacteral link (and necrovigil / otherworldly to a lesser degree) is because it does not raise the difficulty in any way, it just means you can't kill them which artificially slows the game down. It's very different from having a rape tier monster that turns it into a do or die situation.

Adding bloodlines to the main game will have a strictly negative impact on racing. Otherworldly, Phylacteral Link and Necrovigil are annoying enough to deal with in leagues, but when every second counts they're just going to be a gamebreaker. Phylacteral link and Otherworldly are actually bad enough that I've stopped playing bloodlines altogether, adding them to the main game will just push me further away from the game (and racing, which is arguably the main reason I stay around).

I agree bloodlines were nerfed to the ground, I'd like to see them all buffed up to where Order of the Frozen Sky was when the league was launched, but then again I always go to far. How regular blue packs are more difficult though, I will need some arguments to believe. Of course P-link can be dangerous if you get cornered by a pack and are unable to quickly kill your way out of it. They tried "rape tier" mobs in invasion league, and people cried then as well. (in fact so did I, because invasion bosses made all the rest of the content utterly trivial in comparison.)

In races you can choose between killing a pack or running past it. How is it bad for races to give the players more choices? Who runs past regular blue packs?

To make both of us happy, we should play on different servers. You can have Explode Screen gem on your server, I can have P-link on mine. We will both be happy.

I wonder if people like yourself have reached depths that would make them happily play a "permanent temporal chains league", simply because (apparently) the only alternative to playing a "slow" game is playing a game where everyone has a gem that instantly explodes the entire screen.

Now of course if your goal was to setup a false dichotomy then you gloriously succeeded, but please, for the love of god, don't pretend that this is a logical argument. Abstract extreme scenarios are irrelevant to the question at hand, because... guess what... nobody is arguing for an instant explode screen gem, phylacteral link however is ACTUALLY about to be part of the core game.

And I don't know what makes me more sad, that people like you exist, or that GGG apparently shares your inability to think critically and is so easily swayed by bullshit arguments and false dichotomies.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Mar 10, 2015, 3:03:17 AM
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Bloodlines monsters are not dangerous in the slightest, except arguably heralds of the obelisk. The reason people hate phylacteral link (and necrovigil / otherworldly to a lesser degree) is because it does not raise the difficulty in any way, it just means you can't kill them which artificially slows the game down. It's very different from having a rape tier monster that turns it into a do or die situation.

I've played only 1 melee char in BL (2H static strike)

* Otherworldly can be super dangerous, because of spike damage.
* Cult of elements, very dangerous if fighting a tight pack
* Legacy of Zeal, again very dangerous, depending on mob type and pack size
* Heralds of the Obelisk, obvious rekt for melee
* Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers, can be dangerous with all the clutter & confusion on screen (also when desynced you might actually be standing on it, even tho you think you arent)

but ofc, for ranged they are quite trivial. As is the rest of the game.

Necrovigil is stupid (only functions as a slowdown) and should be removed. PLink should be reworked (eg. the amount of active monsters should scale with pack size - bigger the pack more active ones)

When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Qarl wrote:

Bloodlines League
Bloodlines heavily followed the model of the Nemesis league. Like Nemesis mods for rare monsters, Bloodlines has proven to be a solid addition for magic packs.

Magic packs will have a chance to spawn as Bloodlines packs in the next expansion.

Good morning,

I haven't played Bloodlines, but from what i heard, them blue packs can be deadly. Do they drop increased rewards?

Or it just serves as a random tool to screw up player from time to time, making the game a bit more attention requiring?

Nemesis brought "Corrupting Blood" into the game, it made it a lil harder, yet i haven't noticed any increase in reward.
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Bloodlines League
Bloodlines heavily followed the model of the Nemesis league. Like Nemesis mods for rare monsters, Bloodlines has proven to be a solid addition for magic packs.

Magic packs will have a chance to spawn as Bloodlines packs in the next expansion.

Good morning,

I haven't played Bloodlines, but from what i heard, them blue packs can be deadly. Do they drop increased rewards?

Or it just serves as a random tool to screw up player from time to time, making the game a bit more attention requiring?

Nemesis brought "Corrupting Blood" into the game, it made it a lil harder, yet i haven't noticed any increase in reward.
I guess you missed out on the Inner Treasure bloodlines packs =P
"
SlixSC wrote:

And I don't know what makes me more sad, that people like you exist, or that GGG apparently shares your inability to think critically and is so easily swayed by bullshit arguments and false dichotomies.

That people like me exist, surely :)

I'll try to not exaggerate wildly for your sake, although I find it much more boring than P-link to do so:

I don't actually believe that anyone would welcome an "explode screen" gem, and I don't actually want a "Monsters in this map are one huge P-link pack" mod.

I do believe that there are two very different play-styles possible, though, one which is about clearing lots of content as fast as possible, and one (dead) about playing strategically, avoid fights that are too difficult/non-rewarding/boring, evaluating risks and taking your time to evaluate the situation aka careful play because it is neseccary.

I find regular blue packs to be boring, because you can pretty much just explode them and move on without ever giving it a second thought. At least some of the bloodlines sometimes needs to be approached with caution, or even very occasionally left behind because they are not worth the troubble.

I don't like that even I can get into maps in only two days. Two reasons. It means the game is easy-as-fuuu, and it means grinding maps for 3 months on end. I understand that different people exist who likes fast paced play though, and that's why I think different servers should have different rule sets.

Make everyone happy, in other words.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Mar 10, 2015, 3:40:49 AM
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Bloodlines League

Good morning,

I guess you missed out on the Inner Treasure bloodlines packs =P

Oh, cool then. Hope it shows up... more often than "inner treasure" nemesis mod ;D
Last edited by WiseGuard on Mar 10, 2015, 4:05:06 AM
Really sad about the less pvp support in the future. You guys gave it a shot but I think smaller things could have been done to increase participation but were overlooked. Cross league pvp town for trading and grouping is required. hopefully we will see a shift towards ideas like this.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info