What's Being Kept from Torment/Bloodlines?

"
Qarl wrote:
While there’s more we can improve with their AI...
Yes. Please do... :D

"
Qarl wrote:
We are looking at adding Tormented Spirits as a mod for Ambush chests...
Duuuude...PLEASE :D I don't know what form this would be, but do be mindful as certain combinations of mods with this could be...problematic. Also, hilarious.
"
Qarl wrote:
Bloodlines also introduced tools for us to add game elements that interact with monster packs specifically. You will see more interesting things with pack mods and behaviours in the future.

Intriguing...will keep eyes peeled.
"
Qarl wrote:
For general map mods, we are looking at using specific bloodlines mods, rather than a general Bloodlines mod (all packs have Phylacteral Link?)

You are officially the ultimate troll if, when you vaal a map, this is a mod that can be added to it.

Only by vaaling it though. ;3

All in all, good shizz. Just sad to hear that Scold's Bridle is going the way of the Headhunter...

On a side note: I am okay with GGG slowing the game pace down. Everything they've done so far has been speeding it up to an insane amount to the point where I could be gold on South Korea's starcraft 2 ladder with the reflexes that PoE requires you have right now.

ON THE CONDITION that Time-To-Death goes up to match.
Fucking sick to death of oneshot mechanics that don't involve a skill or knowledge based reaction window as opposed to "Do I have an alt-f4 macro working yet?"
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Mar 10, 2015, 12:05:05 AM
Qarl,

I'd like to see torment as a map mod.

Specifically:

Boss is Tormented: Map boss is automatically tormented by a random spirit.

since it has its own inbuilt risk/reward.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Last edited by bredin on Mar 10, 2015, 12:15:26 AM
great news that tormented spirits come into core game... best thing in poe since strongboxes.
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
"
Magic packs will have a chance to spawn as Bloodlines packs in the next expansion.

Oh boy, this is a load of crap.

I can just see the allies cannot die + phylacteral combo happen.

Also PL, necrovigil are just boring and VERY annoying to deal with = I STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT IMPLEMENTING. (if our feedback even matter at this point, viva el supporterino)

RIP Racing
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
Last edited by D4wdl on Mar 10, 2015, 12:40:47 AM
Just a small feedback about Zana's mode. Is it possible for GGG to input some explanations about each mode? It is useful for new players in my opinion. Thanks.

PS: If there is a chance to spawn tormented spirit from lockbox that will be genius idea. lol
Last edited by FrenchfriesBoy on Mar 10, 2015, 1:04:38 AM
Please, don't make Bloodlines mods too rare in the core game. These mods positively impact gameplay a lot more than Nemesis, imo.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Some players want the game to be slow, dark and dangerous. They want to sometimes have to stop to consider whether the fight is worth the risk or not. They want to be killed if they make the wrong choice.

Some players want to explode screens by holding down the right mouse button, and clear 20 maps per hour while watching TV.

I think the only way to cater to both groups of players, is to seperate them. How about introducing a new standard-only active skill "Explode Screen" while making every map in hardcore have the mod "Monsters in this map are one huge P-link pack"?

Well, I am taking it a bit far, sure, but the general idea is a good one, no?
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
"
Nutius wrote:
Some players want the game to be slow, dark and dangerous. They want to sometimes have to stop to consider whether the fight is worth the risk or not. They want to be killed if they make the wrong choice.

Some players want to explode screens by holding down the right mouse button, and clear 20 maps per hour while watching TV.

I think the only way to cater to both groups of players, is to seperate them. How about introducing a new standard-only active skill "Explode Screen" while making every map in hardcore have the mod "Monsters in this map are one huge P-link pack"?

Bloodlines monsters are not dangerous in the slightest, except arguably heralds of the obelisk. The reason people hate phylacteral link (and necrovigil / otherworldly to a lesser degree) is because it does not raise the difficulty in any way, it just means you can't kill them which artificially slows the game down. It's very different from having a rape tier monster that turns it into a do or die situation.

Adding bloodlines to the main game will have a strictly negative impact on racing. Otherworldly, Phylacteral Link and Necrovigil are annoying enough to deal with in leagues, but when every second counts they're just going to be a gamebreaker. Phylacteral link and Otherworldly are actually bad enough that I've stopped playing bloodlines altogether, adding them to the main game will just push me further away from the game (and racing, which is arguably the main reason I stay around).
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
I love how much whining there is right now concerning the league merge and content being included. It makes me wonder how many of these people complaining about BL mods even played Nemesis.

Back in Nemesis herald of thunder and corrupted blood put the fear of Dominus into you. Similarly, chaos bond, otherworldly, and voidspawn packs are doing the same now. But... You don't really hear the large population complaining about herald of thunder or corrupted blood anymore, do you? That's because their spawn rate dropped off significantly. So will BL mod packs.

TL;DR:
Spoiler
Anyone bitching about BL content merge never played Nemesis.

It will actually get worse with a rarer spawn because now you'll get wtf 360 no scope spiral'd 1% of the time instead of 10% (ironically this is the same thing they did with cartos and it was an awful change).Also same issue with bearers etc they are actually the true aids mods of the league. The only real nemesis mod like this was corrupting blood and basically as of the flask patch it should be irrelevant. The only real issue with CB was the fact that monsters had wtf cb scaling where it either did 1 100 or 1000 damage per stack (made up numbers but you get the point that it was super random mob to mob).
Last edited by Etup on Mar 10, 2015, 2:14:26 AM
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
Nutius wrote:

Bloodlines monsters are not dangerous in the slightest, except arguably heralds of the obelisk. The reason people hate phylacteral link (and necrovigil / otherworldly to a lesser degree) is because it does not raise the difficulty in any way, it just means you can't kill them which artificially slows the game down. It's very different from having a rape tier monster that turns it into a do or die situation.

Adding bloodlines to the main game will have a strictly negative impact on racing. Otherworldly, Phylacteral Link and Necrovigil are annoying enough to deal with in leagues, but when every second counts they're just going to be a gamebreaker. Phylacteral link and Otherworldly are actually bad enough that I've stopped playing bloodlines altogether, adding them to the main game will just push me further away from the game (and racing, which is arguably the main reason I stay around).

I agree bloodlines were nerfed to the ground, I'd like to see them all buffed up to where Order of the Frozen Sky was when the league was launched, but then again I always go to far. How regular blue packs are more difficult though, I will need some arguments to believe. Of course P-link can be dangerous if you get cornered by a pack and are unable to quickly kill your way out of it. They tried "rape tier" mobs in invasion league, and people cried then as well. (in fact so did I, because invasion bosses made all the rest of the content utterly trivial in comparison.)

In races you can choose between killing a pack or running past it. How is it bad for races to give the players more choices? Who runs past regular blue packs?

To make both of us happy, we should play on different servers. You can have Explode Screen gem on your server, I can have P-link on mine. We will both be happy.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Mar 10, 2015, 2:20:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info