What's Being Kept from Torment/Bloodlines?

Ah yeah fracturing seawitches plink maps lets go!
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Meh
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
del this s***
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Mar 9, 2015, 7:18:50 PM
I would prefer the spirits not being added unless its with whatever AI improvements can be made. If they are more rare, and you finally find one, and it runs into a corner, its just going to be more disappointing than it already is.
"
Fenral wrote:
I strongly dislike the idea behind nemesis mods or bloodlines mods. Slapping random abilities onto random monsters is just RNG. It adds nothing meaningful or substantial, and is honestly one of the things I disliked most about diablo 3 rare/champion monsters.

I don't think it has any place in this game outside of a map mod or zana mod.

How is it any different than what rares automatically have? Random properties that cover a wide range of potential threat. Its a core feature of pretty much every single ARPG.

Spoiler
Also, links should literally be deleted from the game.
"
Magnicon wrote:
I would prefer the spirits not being added unless its with whatever AI improvements can be made. If they are more rare, and you finally find one, and it runs into a corner, its just going to be more disappointing than it already is.
"
Fenral wrote:
I strongly dislike the idea behind nemesis mods or bloodlines mods. Slapping random abilities onto random monsters is just RNG. It adds nothing meaningful or substantial, and is honestly one of the things I disliked most about diablo 3 rare/champion monsters.

How is it any different than what rares automatically have? Random properties that cover a wide range of potential threat. Its a core feature of pretty much every single ARPG.

Spoiler

The mods that rares have outside of nemesis mods only enhance the abilities of the base monster. Which is what I am fighting. They don't give that base monster a completely unrelated brand-new ability.

If you want me to fight a stronger, faster, more resistant enemy, that's one thing. Buff those mods. That's fine. But when that enemy, which happens to have no affiliation with magic in any way, shape, or form, starts raining lightning bolts from the sky, there's a very obvious thematic problem going on.
IGN: OldManSyndrome or _OldManSyndrome_
Nice
"
Fenral wrote:
"
Magnicon wrote:
"
Fenral wrote:

Spoiler

The mods that rares have outside of nemesis mods only enhance the abilities of the base monster. Which is what I am fighting. They don't give that base monster a completely unrelated brand-new ability.

If you want me to fight a stronger, faster, more resistant enemy, that's one thing. Buff those mods. That's fine. But when that enemy, which happens to have no affiliation with magic in any way, shape, or form, starts raining lightning bolts from the sky, there's a very obvious thematic problem going on.

I feel like it fits with the game.
You can build a pure melee character and still cast spells. Nothing weird with it. Not in this game.
unless you seriously change the way phallic link works, OR just do NOT add that specific one to core game.. I'm so outta here..

having to drag one or two around you the entire map because the group is somewhere else.. was anything but fun...

also, remember to remove dominating blow completely from the game as that skill will be unuseable..

alternatively you can undo the block-nerf and increase block chance by 500% and make tons and tons of fun builds playable again..
generally dangerous
Last edited by philosoaper on Mar 9, 2015, 7:31:25 PM
Please remove the Martyr ghost from hardcore. It's pretty much instant rip for melee if more than one monster gets infected.
"
miva2 wrote:

I feel like it fits with the game.
You can build a pure melee character and still cast spells. Nothing weird with it. Not in this game.

But it is very, very weird when it comes to monsters. Especially when the damage of these spells is in most cases determined by the base physical damage of the monsters.

Golems, for instance, will do far more damage with stormherald than would a skeleton mage, yet the skeleton mage is the magic user.

Layers upon layers of rng don't make for a challenge, they make for a lottery. Adding these mods just adds another layer of rng. If I wanted to play a lottery, I'd play one where I can win millions of dollars, not one to determine the survival of my character.
IGN: OldManSyndrome or _OldManSyndrome_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info