What's Being Kept from Torment/Bloodlines?

I like the spirits but by hell it's hard to catch those buggers...
Bloodlines stuff should NOT be rolled into the core game. They are poor mechanics.
"
(all packs have Phylacteral Link?)

Oh god, GGG, the masters of troll :D
"
CorranHorn wrote:
Bloodlines stuff should NOT be rolled into the core game. They are poor mechanics.

+1

The problem with bloodlines mods is, that they are not rewarding at all.

people just gonna skip every pack rolled with BL mods.
Dran, drauf, drüber !
Last edited by Hannibus on Mar 10, 2015, 11:48:11 AM
Phylactereal Link, Otherwordly and Necrovigil dont add any fun to the game IMO. I think they are stupid shit and should be removed completely. (Especialy Phylactereal Link.) I dont mind the other 2 too much. Also, these mods seems to have been made to fuck up melee. For a caster u can just stay back and they just take longer to kill in most cases, but for melee you haft to run around between these fuckers like some kinda idiot if you want to kill them. (Not to mention when the pack spawns around 2 sides of a wall, which is utter shit) (Also Necrovigil in small ass rooms is utter shit.)

Srsly... Phylactereal link only adds frustration.
Former FireSkull

Also I was a closed beta bronze supporter and normal supporter! I deleted that account tho.
Last edited by Stridshammer on Mar 10, 2015, 11:59:55 AM
Thanks for the post Qarl, I think the tormented spirits and bloodlines mods were really great additions to the game and Im glad they are here to stay.

One thing I would note on pvp and participation, and you probably know this already Im guessing, but right now is a very low point in the games participation in general. Personally I havent played the game much in the last month or so, Im waiting for act4, almost all of my guild are waiting for act4. Personally I am not a pvp guy, Ill never be a pvp guy in an arpg I think, but I hope that pvp continues to get decent support, events, I really enjoyed watching the shoutcasts with willy and green dude on the official channel, that was really fun and as a spectator of pvp in that format Im totally there and hooked. I feel that with the next big influx of players with the new expansion and marketing pvp will continue to grow, I hope to see more of willy and green dude commentating and hopefully videos of these events hosted on youtube etc and publicised in the news so that people who missed the live event can get in on the action.

"
ZarlakRC wrote:
Though it has been said that items will no longer drop in standard (Scold's Bridle etc) will we carry them over into standard from torment as an item that just won't drop anymore since we already have them? Or our 14e helmet slot just gets deleted?

EDIT: The price has dropped to 8e overnight so I guess they're going to get deleted.

of course you will get to the keep them, that has always been the case before and I cant see this being any different. Remember these 1 chaos swords in beyond?

they were 4 exalts last time I checked in standard recently. Expect your 14ex hat to be worth 20ex, then 30ex and rising as time goes on.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Thanks for the post Qarl, I think the tormented spirits and bloodlines mods were really great additions to the game and Im glad they are here to stay.

One thing I would note on pvp and participation, and you probably know this already Im guessing, but right now is a very low point in the games participation in general. Personally I havent played the game much in the last month or so, Im waiting for act4, almost all of my guild are waiting for act4. Personally I am not a pvp guy, Ill never be a pvp guy in an arpg I think, but I hope that pvp continues to get decent support, events, I really enjoyed watching the shoutcasts with willy and green dude on the official channel, that was really fun and as a spectator of pvp in that format Im totally there and hooked. I feel that with the next big influx of players with the new expansion and marketing pvp will continue to grow, I hope to see more of willy and green dude commentating and hopefully videos of these events hosted on youtube etc and publicised in the news so that people who missed the live event can get in on the action.

"
ZarlakRC wrote:
Though it has been said that items will no longer drop in standard (Scold's Bridle etc) will we carry them over into standard from torment as an item that just won't drop anymore since we already have them? Or our 14e helmet slot just gets deleted?

EDIT: The price has dropped to 8e overnight so I guess they're going to get deleted.

of course you will get to the keep them, that has always been the case before and I cant see this being any different. Remember these 1 chaos swords in beyond?

they were 4 exalts last time I checked in standard recently. Expect your 14ex hat to be worth 20ex, then 30ex and rising as time goes on.

This is my first league so no experience with the previous ones.

Also the wandering things in torment I found were a waste of time. They never dropped anything good, they never did anything but run from corner to corner so you had to chase them and they die fast. They literally just run around doing nothing.

Only once have I had one that actually did anything, and it was the last one I needed for the challenge and I encountered it in Atziri of all places. The one that silences you, so I had to kill it and the Atziri trash with the burn from righteous fire.
"
Qarl wrote:
Torment League
Tormented Spirits are an interesting game element to add to areas. While there’s more we can improve with their AI, the additional challenge and item drops have been popular. We’ll be rolling them into the core game, though at a lower spawn rate than they currently have.

Torment will also still be available as a Zana Map Device option. We will increase the occurrence of spirits for the Zana mod. We are looking at adding Tormented Spirits as a mod for Ambush chests, but we don't think we will add it as a mod for maps.

Bloodlines League
Bloodlines heavily followed the model of the Nemesis league. Like Nemesis mods for rare monsters, Bloodlines has proven to be a solid addition for magic packs.

Magic packs will have a chance to spawn as Bloodlines packs in the next expansion.

Bloodlines also introduced tools for us to add game elements that interact with monster packs specifically. You will see more interesting things with pack mods and behaviours in the future.

Bloodlines will still be available as a Zana Map Device option. For general map mods, we are looking at using specific bloodlines mods, rather than a general Bloodlines mod (all packs have Phylacteral Link?)

Additional content
With the all the various additional content options that have been added from leagues, the number of random special occurrences that can occur in the game has become very high. We will be rebalancing the introduction and chance of additional content like side areas, ambush chests and tormented spirits in the upcoming expansion.

Please no, this was the first set of leagues I have ever quit after 2 weeks since you started temp leagues in the first place. Not only is it too much new stuff. It wasn't very interesting and it just distracted from the league mechanics that were fun like chests and Vaal areas. I mean using them as map mods is great, more variation end game is always welcome, but neither of these new mechanics added anything to the grind that I enjoyed at all.

"
Qarl wrote:
Leo and PvP
We will rebalance the rewards and thresholds for levelling Leo as a master.

The additional attention on PvP has successfully increased participation levels, but it hasn't had the level of popularity we were hoping for. Based on participation and feedback, we will continue to support PvP, but not at the expense of PvE content. We will look at more ways to make PvP more accessible for players in the future.

Thank you and thank you.

There are still 2 problems with masters as far as I see it though. First is those damned daily missions, they feel more like a chore than fun after awhile. It feels more like a mechanic that you would see in a less reputable free to play game just to make you log in everyday. Also the QOS problem with level 8 masters. It seems to me that GGG could just add a new micro transaction that allows the player to buy an additional slot for level 8 masters in your hide out at about 100 points each. Maybe like a little pedestal. This would be very similar to already available stash tabs and character slots already available. Very nice to have, but easy to work around if you don't want to spend the money.
It itches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welp I'm quitting bloodlines Plink coming to the core?
fuck this im outta here
"
ZarlakRC wrote:

This is my first league so no experience with the previous ones.

ah ok, fair play. Yeah the deal with old items, you basically always keep them, even if they decide an item is overpowered and they nerf the crap out of it, you will still have the item and in 99% of cases your item will be unchanged, meaning you get to keep the pre nerf, overpowered version of the item. the general term for these is 'legacy' items. Example Kaoms Heart chest armour used to give 1000 life, now its nerfed down to 500 life, but all the Kaoms dropped before the nerf still have 1000 life in standard and standard hardcore, and as a result of not being able to drop any more the ones still in circulation are worth huge amounts.

They are very keen to not to harm players who have worked hard for an item and treasure it. One of the big bonuses of playing leagues is that the league only items that can only drop during that time frame often become very valuable as time goes on after that league ends. You can still find them using the zana map mods so the circulation of the old items is not as bad as it used to be, but they are still extremely rare. I wish I had a scolds hat from torment, I would imagine if I want to get one a year from now i will probably be looking at, 30, maybe even 40+ exalts. There is currently 1 Scold's for sale in standard league, presumably found/chanced in the Torment map mod in Bloodlines league and then ripped to Standard softcore, it is priced at 400 exalts. Its over priced, probably wont sell for that, but it gives you an idea of what scarcity can do to the price of a powerful piece.

Even gear that just looks cool for a skin like that sword I linked, I found that in Beyond hardcore temp league, I also bought a sceptre there called "the dark seer" for a couple of chaos, both items are usually just used for skins I think, theyre not even powerful items like a Scolds, and both now start at 4 exalts each on Standard league despite Beyond being a very popular map mod for players to run. Expect the Torment map mod to be a rarely used thing and that hat to be worth significantly more in 6 months time, don't be too quick to sell it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info