What's Being Kept from Torment/Bloodlines?

Good that you are implementing Bloodlines as it adds a lot more activity to game and need to move around (witch this game really needs compared to other arpg games). It needs balancing here and there as some mods are really boring, but overall really good thing.

"
Qarl wrote:

Additional content
With the all the various additional content options that have been added from leagues, the number of random special occurrences that can occur in the game has become very high. We will be rebalancing the introduction and chance of additional content like side areas, ambush chests and tormented spirits in the upcoming expansion.

But I am really not a fan of this. The point should be that every area has a lot of things to do and find, as it will add a reason to full explore them. You should not lower the thing we can find in a zone, but actually keep adding more and more things with maybe small tweaks here and there. I fear as more leagues bring new stuff, old things that we could find in zone will become more and more rare.
To be honest, I love the RNG. Why try to make the game more mundane? What is PoE when it is predictable? Easy and boring. What are the few times when PoE really comes alive? Combinations of these kind of elements come together in unexpected and potentially dangerous ways.

You open a box that spawns an exile, and a spirit possesses him, and you realize the magic mobs in the box also spawned with a bloodlines mod to spawn Abaxoth. Come on, why would you not want that?

One of the more memorable moments in Torment(Of which there were very very few) was a Tormented Spirit spawning on top of an already very buffed Maze Vaal Oversoul, and giving him a massive buff to his abilities, and a huge blind cloud. It made the fight substantially more difficult and when he died, he exploded into a fountain of loot. Why remove the potential for stuff like that to happen?

The more predictable it becomes, the more mundane, the more boring.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Yea, the PVP is dreadful. Devote as little time as possible to it and focus on best PVE you got here so far. Absolutely love this game but PVP is bollox.
Life's a Game
make the Drillneck ambush-only unique again, pls
"
Fenral wrote:
"
H4NS wrote:

Following your logic, we should also prevent witches from ever using the cyclone gem and 2h axes, for this is a thematic problem.

Witches can only cast spells or become summoners. 2h melee witches is preposterous!

Except that nothing about character class limits your choice of equipment or abilities. Monsters, however, are limited in that way outside of these rng-generated mods.

What limits the monsters? The same thing that limits the dead from rising again? The same thing that limits goats from flying through the air? The same thing that limits a strong physical character like Thor from casting lightning? The same thing that limits casting spells after you die?

While the base monsters themselves come from the local vicinity (invasion exceptions aside) the powers that imbue the monsters are not natural in any way shape or form. They are derived from the black spirit, and how they affect the monsters is variable.

I see no thematic problem with bloodline mods.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I will preface this by saying I am a bad player so I never get far in hardcore, but I think it is very fun.

Invasion and beyond both added a significant challenge and were also fun to play. Hard content and good character customization is what keeps Poe fun.

Bloodlines on the other hand was horrible... The mods rarely added difficulty and P-link just slowed down the game so much that I decided to not play hardcore at all this season. Lack of difficulty AND slower gameplay just made it an insanely boring league, not to mention it was basically a carbon copy of nemesis so not new content.

P link was bad enough I quit playing that league entirely... Please don't add it to the core game it's just annoying. Id rather RIP to a one shot than fight p link
"
You open a box that spawns an exile, and a spirit possesses him, and you realize the magic mobs in the box also spawned with a bloodlines mod to spawn Abaxoth. Come on, why would you not want that?

That would be glorious, so long as I live long enough to get a screenshot, and hopefully a few good whacks in.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:
Why are uniques that have no relation to the league, the reason why those uniques were separate before, aka "gives rampage mod etc", not being continued on with?

Any thoughts on rethinking the split uniques angle? I don't get why scold's bridle is something I have to play torment to experience when it does nothing specific to ghosts or anything of that ilk.

+1

+1 couldn't agree more.
Though it has been said that items will no longer drop in standard (Scold's Bridle etc) will we carry them over into standard from torment as an item that just won't drop anymore since we already have them? Or our 14e helmet slot just gets deleted?

EDIT: The price has dropped to 8e overnight so I guess they're going to get deleted.
Last edited by ZarlakRC on Mar 10, 2015, 10:09:29 AM
"
ZarlakRC wrote:
Though it has been said that items will no longer drop in standard (Scold's Bridle etc) will we carry them over into standard from torment as an item that just won't drop anymore since we already have them? Or our 14e helmet slot just gets deleted?

EDIT: The price has dropped to 8e overnight so I guess they're going to get deleted.

It isnt being deleted, you get to keep them. You can also drop or chance them in Zana-maps and this will remain in the future leagues and Standard/HC. However, other than Zana-maps, it will not drop, you can not chance it, it effectively wont be a part of the main game, for whatever reason.. cause GGG feels like it, I guess.

P.S. Check poe trade again, all 8ex listings are from one person and he wont actually sell them. Reasons why he's doing this should be fairly obvious.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Mar 10, 2015, 10:22:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info