[1.3][Hardcore] Poison Arrow build showcase and guide

how did you make cloud deal 10k chaos dmg / second ?
Short answer:
+7 levels from bow and Empower, increased damage modifiers from the tree, and Drillneck.

Level 27 poison arrow = 1,964.6 base
Tree: 244% increase ("Tree with Influence and Revenge of the Hunted at lvl 96")
Gems: 38% increase
Gear: 129% increase

Total = 1,964.6 * (1 + 2.44 + 0.38 + 1.29) = 10,039 dps
Note: The tooltip doesn't include "area" damage modifiers.

Long Answer

Level 27 Poison Arrow:
20 base
+ 1 level from corruption
+ 3 levels from bow
+ 3 levels from Level 4 Empower (level 3 Empower + 1 level from bow)
= level 27 poison arrow, which deals 1,964.6 dps base.

Tree:
155% increased projectile damage (this does affect the cloud's damage)
71% increased damage over time
18% increased chaos damage
(Increased area damage isn't included in the tooltip, even though it does affect damage.)
= 244% increase

Support Gems:
38% increase from Level 21 Slower Projectiles
(Concentrated Effect isn't included in the tooltip, even though it does affect damage)
= 38% increase

Gear:
Bow: 29% increased damage over time
Drillneck: 100% increased projectile damage (Chance to pierce = 75% from Level 21 Pierce gem + 30% from tree)
= 129% increase

Tooltip damage = 1,964.6 * (1 + 2.44 + 0.38 + 1.29) = 10039 dps
("Increased" damage adds together. "More" damage multiplies together.)

Note: The actual dps is affected by 12% increased area damage from the tree and 70% more area damage from Concentrated Effect.
1,964.6 * "Increase"(1 + ... + 0.12) * "Conc.Effect"(1 + 0.70) = 17,467 true dps
In addition, you can curse with vulnerability and throw vaal lightning trap for shocked ground.

Playing on closed beta right now this is what I have remarked for the build:

Frenzy charges now give 4% more global dmg per charge - blood dance unique boots are excellent as a frenzy source since we dont care about their nerf to atk speed per charge. They also give 1% life regen per charge and after the EB/MoM nerf I was planning on building pure life/regen anyway.

Slower projectiles now has a more dmg multiplier, making the levelling process even better and I think it competes with enhance for 6L, quality aoe increase on PA has been halved from 20% to 10% at 20q.

I suspect that the base radius of pa has been increased, (just from observations of me and other), I'll do some tests with screenshot in the same location.

And of course, we have an unique jewel (limited to 1) giving up to 25% increased global dmg per magic item equipped. Potential uses with +3 rare bow, drillneck, lightning coil (need to run ele aura for that), maybe carcass jack and everything else magic. Note that getting a t1 resist that you want and a decent life roll on most of the gear is more expensive than medium to good stat rares in new leagues. Maybe 50-150 alts or more per item on average. Option for boots is still blood dance.

7 magic items with magic chest, 6 with unique chest. I think belly + ele resist aura would work, or evasion magic chest + ele aura, or lightning coil + 2 auras. I dont think that this setup is HC viable as you cannot afford to get any chaos res or miss out on the grace aura in favor of resist auras. You also need to be able to afford 100+ mana poison arrows in a 6L and 90+ mana in a 5L, thats close to or more than 20% of your mana if you dont stack any. No max mana/mana regen on jewelry is also shitty and you lose out on arctic armour (which I assume will be reduced in cost with EB nerfed)
Last edited by Aleehuk on May 5, 2015, 5:46:44 AM
It's kinda weird that projectile dmg increases the cloud dmg

But as i have experienced +proj dmg from gems doesnt increase it
But i guess proj dmg from tree does increase it

Right ?
Last edited by Zangetas on May 6, 2015, 11:19:05 AM
"
Zangetas wrote:

Right ?

i was wondering the same thing, nice question asked.
"
Zangetas wrote:

Right ?

Both sources increase damage.
Projectile damage from slower/faster projectiles gems increases the cloud damage and so does projectile dmg % from tree.

Added dmg like added phys rolls on bow or added chaos dmg dont increase the cloud damage.
Make sure to look at the second line of the skill "deals x chaos damage per second" to see what affects it (area damage is not calculated in this tooltip but does work in reality).
Last edited by Aleehuk on May 7, 2015, 1:13:23 PM
so I made some testing

projectile dmg increases itt from gem and tree too

But PHYSICAL proj dmg doesnt either from gem or tree passives(this was kind of obviuous but i missed but physical part of it)

Justthough i would share my experiences :d

"
Zangetas wrote:
so I made some testing

projectile dmg increases itt from gem and tree too

But PHYSICAL proj dmg doesnt either from gem or tree passives(this was kind of obviuous but i missed but physical part of it)

Justthough i would share my experiences :d

Yep thats all true, chaos/dot dmg from tree also helps (not phys damage over time which is meant for puncture)
Anyone on 1MSC have Leo that can craft DOT ? Thank you :D My IGN Lot_PA
"
Aleehuk wrote:
In addition, you can curse with vulnerability and throw vaal lightning trap for shocked ground.

Playing on closed beta right now this is what I have remarked for the build:

Frenzy charges now give 4% more global dmg per charge - blood dance unique boots are excellent as a frenzy source since we dont care about their nerf to atk speed per charge. They also give 1% life regen per charge and after the EB/MoM nerf I was planning on building pure life/regen anyway.

Slower projectiles now has a more dmg multiplier, making the levelling process even better and I think it competes with enhance for 6L, quality aoe increase on PA has been halved from 20% to 10% at 20q.

I suspect that the base radius of pa has been increased, (just from observations of me and other), I'll do some tests with screenshot in the same location.

And of course, we have an unique jewel (limited to 1) giving up to 25% increased global dmg per magic item equipped. Potential uses with +3 rare bow, drillneck, lightning coil (need to run ele aura for that), maybe carcass jack and everything else magic. Note that getting a t1 resist that you want and a decent life roll on most of the gear is more expensive than medium to good stat rares in new leagues. Maybe 50-150 alts or more per item on average. Option for boots is still blood dance.

7 magic items with magic chest, 6 with unique chest. I think belly + ele resist aura would work, or evasion magic chest + ele aura, or lightning coil + 2 auras. I dont think that this setup is HC viable as you cannot afford to get any chaos res or miss out on the grace aura in favor of resist auras. You also need to be able to afford 100+ mana poison arrows in a 6L and 90+ mana in a 5L, thats close to or more than 20% of your mana if you dont stack any. No max mana/mana regen on jewelry is also shitty and you lose out on arctic armour (which I assume will be reduced in cost with EB nerfed)

Looking at possibly testing this after the next wipe in beta, any chance you could throw a rough tree together?
More leaning towards soft core.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info