[1.3][Hardcore] Poison Arrow build showcase and guide

Just saw your post about "GL getting me to do new Orchard bosses" in the Map Drops thread.

Gotta say, Orchard boss is ezmode with this build in beta. =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Haha yeah, it is. But it's not worth risking a guaranteed 1-shot at under 5-6k effective life when playing on HC (as I will on live temporary leagues) when the map level got boosted to 75.

That said my skilltree does have 180% max life and a lot of jewel sockets so idk, still not worth at under lvl 85-90.
I think I might give this a try. Looks nice.
Just a question, 10k dps for huge aoe. Is this really ok for group mapping in end game? I mean there is a lot of utility in other slots but just in terms of damage, is it up to par?
"
PEwill wrote:
Just a question, 10k dps for huge aoe. Is this really ok for group mapping in end game? I mean there is a lot of utility in other slots but just in terms of damage, is it up to par?

Group mapping is slow xp so I dont bother with it, you'll be on par if you do damage to all groups and stay active in the front. You can compete/beat a mjolners clearspeed alone but not in groups. Conc effect doesnt show in tooltip so it's 70% more on top, same goes for Serleth's numbers in the beta.
Just checked out your build and I have to say i'm 100% stoked about it. One question I do have is how does the gear requirements and gem setups change from the current live build to the new beta build that you previously posted? Also, if I were to start this build from the ranger tree in 2.0, does the build get affected in any significant way?
Last edited by Cotillion0 on Jun 14, 2015, 7:03:07 PM
Aleehuk, you've inspired me. I'm going to try this build (with some possible slight changes). Just getting a good start (only level 22 at this point) but doing great. Thank you for posting!

Beautiful. Deadly. I am without equal in God's Kingdom. I am Ranger, hear me roar.
I have one question. What about Method of Madness cluster? Wouldnt that be a very big damage spike which is very close to normal route?
"
Aleehuk wrote:
"
PEwill wrote:

Group mapping is slow xp so I dont bother with it, you'll be on par if you do damage to all groups and stay active in the front. You can compete/beat a mjolners clearspeed alone but not in groups. Conc effect doesnt show in tooltip so it's 70% more on top, same goes for Serleth's numbers in the beta.

Poison arrow can actually compete well in groups once PoE is updated for 2.0. As of this patch, you are correct that Poison Arrow should avoid parties since Poison Arrow doesn't scale very well.
I am awoo.
Current beta lvl 100 tree

188% max life with all frenzy charges and 6 jewel sockets. The jewel sockets and phase acro can be taken last. You'll need some mana regen and max mana on jewelry for a 5L or 6L, Silverbranch brought me to lvl 77 in this beta and now I've switched to a +2 5L.

PA is 39 mana in a 5L at lvl 18 gems, it costs 12 mana at lvl 18 compared to 26 on live. Running blood dance and daressos defiance with cwdt CI and temp chain + chaos golem, tooltip is 6k with lvl 18 pa, +2 bow, no drillneck, no empower and using faster proj as the 5th link but Serleth has better numbers at expected end game gear a bit earlier in the thread.

Using blood dance boots for charges right now, tree has 3.6% regen to use blood rage and with 3 endurance charges + chaos golem you should have positive regen. Planning on trying out darkray vectors again and a lightning coil later on.

Also, someone go buy the 1200 dollar supporter pack and make a drillneck divination card, or a +3 bow card plz.

For sc, just get method to the madness and get life nodes last.
Last edited by Aleehuk on Jun 18, 2015, 11:49:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info