[1.3][Hardcore] Poison Arrow build showcase and guide

"
Wraithstar wrote:
would going crit work with this? i play torment and am very interested in it. really cool to see a PA build! nice work

I'm afraid that the poison cloud cannot crit, diamond shrines do not boost its damage (only of the arrow hitting a target for 500 ish damage).
I'm playing a PA build right now in bloodlines, but this one seems really better, i'll be doing it next league. You dont run Purity of lighting?
IGN :Rippones
"
mikemann90 wrote:
I'm playing a PA build right now in bloodlines, but this one seems really better, i'll be doing it next league. You dont run Purity of lighting?

Had to choose between PoL and Grace, chose for Grace. Can't run more as I need the mana for MoM.
"
Aleehuk wrote:
"
mikemann90 wrote:

Had to choose between PoL and Grace, chose for Grace. Can't run more as I need the mana for MoM.

Did you try running the aura in an alpha<s howl? Anyway if the phys damage dosen't hurt you I guess you dont need to run purity of light?
"
mikemann90 wrote:
"
Aleehuk wrote:
"
mikemann90 wrote:

Did you try running the aura in an alpha<s howl? Anyway if the phys damage dosen't hurt you I guess you dont need to run purity of light?

It's possible to use an alpha's howl but you'll need es on chest to make up for 400 less on the helmet. There's a couple of ways on how to balance the build with different chestpieces and es helmet/alphas. But an alphas wont make up for the extra mana cost regardless.
Last edited by Aleehuk on Mar 11, 2015, 2:48:25 PM

Had to choose between PoL and Grace, chose for Grace. Can't run more as I need the mana for MoM.[/quote]

Did you try running the aura in an alpha<s howl? Anyway if the phys damage dosen't hurt you I guess you dont need to run purity of light?[/quote]

It's possible to use an alpha's howl but you'll need es on chest to make up for 400 less on the helmet. There's a couple of ways on how to balance the build with different chestpieces and es helmet/alphas. But an alphas wont make up for the extra mana cost regardless.[/quote]

One last question, does acrobatics reduce the amount of ES that would convert as mana and that's wwhy you don't take it? Cause 30% dodge seems nice.

Thanks.
"
mikemann90 wrote:

One last question, does acrobatics reduce the amount of ES that would convert as mana and that's wwhy you don't take it? Cause 30% dodge seems nice.

Thanks.

Yep it does,

And no problem, good luck on your character in the 1 month/next league!
thanks for the build. i'm doing pretty well with it but went acro/phase instead of eb. to any considering this build, it's most definitely a single player build. it doesn't do anywhere near enough damage to be useful in parties.

my gear
Spoiler
Last edited by pleasejason on Mar 14, 2015, 8:51:15 PM
"
pleasejason wrote:
thanks for the build. i'm doing pretty well with it but went acro/phase instead of eb. to any considering this build, it's most definitely a single player build. it doesn't do anywhere near enough damage to be useful in parties.

my gear
Spoiler

Yep it has absolutely no overkill damage, but when I group up I don't stand around waiting for group members to finish off a pack but run ahead and aggro another 2-3 packs. You can essentially dps 5-6+ spread out packs at the same time doing more damage than you'd think while your group kills rares/uniques behind you.
"
Aleehuk wrote:
"
pleasejason wrote:

my gear
Spoiler

Yep it has absolutely no overkill damage, but when I group up I don't stand around waiting for group members to finish off a pack but run ahead and aggro another 2-3 packs. You can essentially dps 5-6+ spread out packs at the same time doing more damage than you'd think while your group kills rares/uniques behind you.

It's alot of fun playing this build even i'm only lvl 58.
It's a different sort of playing and i feel it's graphically less aggressive (Poison's cloud effects aren't a firework at screen).

On your gear i don't understand the use of Reduced Duration on the chest, what's the purpose ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info