[1.3][Hardcore] Poison Arrow build showcase and guide

sweet build, I will start on the new league with this. since I have no currency and it is cheap, I hope to get through nicely.

can you craft +bow gems on a bow or is it drop only?
Last edited by danteafk on May 11, 2015, 2:37:35 PM
PA works fine with acrobatics, just spec all the mana notables in the area. The tree of one of my guildmate and farms pretty much everything in the game except the über atziri. And the duelist start is non optimal.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 11, 2015, 2:49:42 PM
"
PA works fine with acrobatics, just spec all the mana notables in the area. The tree of one of my guildmate and farms pretty much everything in the game except the über atziri. And the duelist start is non optimal.

Are you speaking in the beta?
With out a quote I'm not sure who your responding to.
I`m wondering if EB/MoM is the right path for new characters without currency? I`d believe items to make that viable are hard to get.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by danteafk on May 11, 2015, 11:32:39 PM
"
"

Are you speaking in the beta?
With out a quote I'm not sure who your responding to.
No it's in 1.3. The point was it is not a problem to build without EB. PA cost a lot, but not enough for EB to be mandatory.

edit: missing word
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 20, 2015, 3:14:20 PM
Correct, PA isnt used frequently enough (on live) to not need EB, EB was taken for synergy with MoM and AA. For the beta builds I went acro/phase acro with just the duelist mana notable and clarity to sustain PA.

As a first character go acro/phase acro for now.

You can craft +1 to all gems and +1/+2 to bow gems on bows, chances to roll these mods are 0.43% and 1.73% respectively (from http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?type=14)

As I said somewhere above we get some new toys for PA links but I'm worried about the high end phys dmg in the next temp hardcore league, have had a lot of reports about act 4 monsters doing insane dmg in 75+ maps. Combine extra phys dmg and us only getting the chaos golem and some extra life (as of current beta build) we wont be able to do silly triple dmg mod maps with the onslaught map mod for example.

The beta skill tree gives us easier access to the Method to the Madness notable (red circle in pic). If you don't include the connecting nodes it averages 10.25% increased Chaos Damage per node.

Spoiler

I noticed your build doesn't include any Chaos Dmg nodes. It specifically chooses +9% DoT as opposed to +10% Chaos Damage. Does +%Chaos Damage only apply to the initial strike and not the DoT Cloud?

If +% Chaos does apply to the DoT cloud, it may be more efficient to grab those nodes instead of traveling up to Corruption for Phase Acro builds (or worth grabbing both if you want to sacrifice some defensive stats). For EB/MoM builds, that probably isn't the case because you're going further north on the tree regardless.

With the new jewels we could roll +%Life, +% Chaos Dmg, +% Dmg/Time, and 1 other mod. A quick Phase Acro build
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4DHgUtBbUF-QYjCC4VIBXwFr8Zjhm0G8gfQSP2JJ0mlSpbLYMwcTIBNj06QkMxRwZHfkt4TZJSr1LsU7tVS15FYeJh62JaYqxlTWf8bIxtbG5pdO11y3aCelN67311gl6E2Y19jX6Nv5LzlwabJpuNnaqhIqJAo4qtSrIZtMW00bVIt7a9Nr6nv9XC7MSiyAzPetDQ037UI9X42sHb592o35jjhOpi7YPvevT49qP5Y_rr_ro=
allows access to 4 sockets gated by a single dex/int/str node [2 circled in green on the above image. The other two are near Duelist tree] .

I haven't gotten the chance to roll many jewels yet (all so far have been underwhelming), but those nodes could conceivably be valuable enough to modify the skill highways.

*PA Ranger builds could probably reach 7 jewel sockets if they prove to be extremely valuable.

tl;dr - Does +% Chaos Damage apply to the DoT of PA?
Last edited by Flash081 on May 20, 2015, 2:13:04 PM
Yes, +% Chaos Damage increases the DoT of PA.

Here is summary of "how to scale poison arrow" from this guide:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913

"
1. Gem Level
2. Increased Chaos Damage (tree, qualitied Added Chaos,Cherrubim's Maleficence)
3. Increased Damage over time (tree)
4. Increased Projectile Damage (tree, Rearguard,Drillneck,Faster/Slower Projectiles)
5. Increased Area Damage (Concentrated Effect, Carcass Jack, tree)*
6. Increased Damage (Culling Strike, LeHeup)

* It works but does not display correctly in the tooltip

The 6 categories are right, a few of the specific examples may have slipped my mind so no guarantee it's all inclusive."
"
Flash081 wrote:
The beta skill tree gives us easier access to the Method to the Madness notable (red circle in pic). If you don't include the connecting nodes it averages 10.25% increased Chaos Damage per node.

Always try to include connector points when deciding between dmg nodes, in my opinion.
And I have taken the Corruption node in all versions of my pa tree so far.

Anyway, chaos dmg, projectile dmg, increased AoE damage, and damage over time are all equal for poison arrow dot dmg.

For now I'm tinkering with this 118 point tree beta 2.0 tree

It takes +3 frenzy charges and 7 jewel sockets and has 159% max life, 118 points means that with +40 life from Oak and +1 frenzy charges from Kraithyn the build is for lvl 97 (which I've gotten to twice on previous pa characters).

The tree also has 3.6% life regen to maintain blood rage, with options to get 0.4% for 2 points in the scion part or 0.8% regen and a jewel sockets for 4 points.

Also keep in mind that I spend about 12 points on jewel sockets alone (which can roll 16% AoE dmg, 16% damage over time and 8-9% life + 4% max mana)
You would realistically take mana flows in duelist to be able to shoot enough but I think the mana can be maintained through gear alone. I dont think that pa requires much more than 50-60 manaregen even in a 6L where it costs over 100.
Last edited by Aleehuk on May 21, 2015, 5:48:08 AM
Can u kill normal atzi with poison arrow?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info