1.3.1d Patch Notes

"
"
Barivius wrote:
It's like everyone in the thread doesn't realize the builds creator wanted this nerfed...

If that's me (I don't claim to have "created" much besides the guide thread), it would be more accurate to say I was *expecting* it to be nerfed. I wasn't on a crusade to get it killed or anything (I wouldn't have spent hours upon hours makimg a nice guide thread otherwise). I didn't really feel a pressing need for it to be hammered down before new leagues started. It seems to have been an issue for PvP but that should be irrelevant to PvE balance.

It's a matter of degree really. I'm still reserving judgement on whether GGG has overdone it or not.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1207806

This nerf was a quick and necessary fix to what was happening in PVP. I had been using this build in LLD for quite a while and it didn't feel as overpowered because the target had to be dual cursed + EE'd for them to get 1 shot. In HLD however, being able to grab all the minion nodes, gems like concentrated effect and high level fire penetration made this build able to 1 shot 99% of the players without even having to curse or EE.

GGG has always said they would not compromise PVE for anything that was happening in PVP and I still believe they mean that. So I think we can expect a new patch adjusting the nerf for PVE while still maintaining it's reduced effectiveness in PVP.
Last edited by Monstacookie on Feb 27, 2015, 7:43:02 AM
"
Qarl wrote:
When the interaction was first described to me, for example, I said 'that sounds like the correct behaviour." I didn't, however, understand the extent of the issue.

i remember chris stating in reddit dev forum to a game developer wanabe that one of the basic features of a functioning game is having the analysis tools neccesary to see what's going on on your servers.

so i'm quite disappointed that there obviously isn't such a tool to watch the damage output of builds / second and gives a hint to the balance team that something is quite not normal.

Spoiler
same goes to duping exploits, if one guy doesn't trade for currency much but applies exalts and eternals in huge amounts for quite some time and crafting several perfect items, i expect the sanity script crawling through the database to lock that account immediately until further investigation may unlock it.

if that was the problem.
i get the slight feeling the build was nerfed only because it didn't need a ggg rare item or t1 unique to work.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
ZaM wrote:
Do you guys remember when Chris Wilson lied to us during the Q&A?

"
Will we be seeing a nerf for any bow skills before 1.4 launches?

We are not planning on deploying major balance changes prior to the next expansion.

I would hardly say triaging one functionally problematic skill interaction is a major balance change...

Reworking burn prolif to not be so absurdly rediculous - now THAT would have been a major balance change.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Feb 27, 2015, 8:06:56 AM
Mirror arrow still 1 shots everything on screen with bad gear and you guys are still complaning.... It might need another nerf.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
jeppesu wrote:
Can't believe people are crying about this nerf and frankly if people respecced into the build thinking it would remain that stupidly OP for long then they can only blame themselves.
I mean come on, the guy who uploaded the video to reddit had decent gear at most while still killing monsters almost instantly in a 6 man Courtyard, not overpowered eh? I bet it's still MORE than viable, just as Detonate dead still is extremely good but most people abandoned that skill after its percentage damage reduction.

And likewise, I can't believe you're dumb enough to mistake legitimate feedback for crying, It's people like you that make nerfs like this possible, and frankly stay the fuck out of the people who respecced into this build's business, because for 1) it wasn't stupidly OP, it was just interesting, you have no fucking proof at all that it was OP in the first place aside from; "seeing a guy on reddit" you dismiss his optimized gear, spec, and your jaw just drops with envy cuz you can't optimize a build that can carry a 6-man party, so you have absolutely no comparative judgement, you're just talking out of your ass.

Well I'm veritably confident that this post will be removed I would just like to add that I am not the only one stirring this pot.

If you don't consider instantly killing monsters in a 6 man HP level 78 map as overpowered then I don't know what is.. No proof at all, what about the video? I guess visual proof isn't good enough.

Wow, who is now "talking of of his ass" as you so delicately put it? I never stated that his gear wasn't optimized, of course it was optimized for the build he was playing.
Not sure why I am answering this, you've obviously already made up your mind about this. Judging from the fact that you apparently have to insult people if you don't agree with what they have to say.

EDIT
Besides, the fact that GGG nerfed the build after 2 days of it going viral in the PoE community and that Qarl (someones whose work is game balance) said "It is probably still over powered. It does need to be addressed fast before too many people respec to this genuinely over performing damage skill." means nothing to you? Well..
Last edited by jeppesu on Feb 27, 2015, 8:16:17 AM
Damage was enough overpowered to destroy Atziri with no time, and obviously no burn. It was enough to carry a 6 man party in highest map, destroying whole screen with no time also.
Nerf was obvious, and build seems to still work with the proper gear and spec, so there is no reason to whine that much.

The reason why so many people moved to it so fast is because it was broken as shit.
This is the same reason why GGG didnt wait to try to balance it.

Deal with it and grow up...

PS : pretty sure the nerf is even not enough and should have been harder , as Qarl expected.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Feb 27, 2015, 8:52:17 AM
"

If that's me (I don't claim to have "created" much besides the guide thread), it would be more accurate to say I was *expecting* it to be nerfed. I wasn't on a crusade to get it killed or anything (I wouldn't have spent hours upon hours makimg a nice guide thread otherwise). I didn't really feel a pressing need for it to be hammered down before new leagues started. It seems to have been an issue for PvP but that should be irrelevant to PvE balance.

It's a matter of degree really. I'm still reserving judgement on whether GGG has overdone it or not.

I'm sorry. I seem to recall a plea for GGG to look at prolif burns (which this build took to another level).

3 things:

-Your build was (still is) genius. Seriously. There is probably an example I am forgetting, but I don't think I have ever seen anything this OP in an ARPG.

-I think you ended up doing a great thing for the game overall. They might not be able to hit prlif right now, but if it wasn't coming before it is now.

-We saw some really broken and buggy Cast on Death stuff hang around forever, and I am so glad that this was changed so quick.
"
Barivius wrote:
I'm sorry. I seem to recall a plea for GGG to look at prolif burns (which this build took to another level).

You're right about that, I have been calling for a rebalance of burn prolif in general. Not for a nerf to MA + MI though :P

I want to believe it was on the table for act 4 to begin with, but if I participated in making GGG take a closer look at it, then I'm pretty happy about that.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
"
takeme wrote:
The guy with the mirrow arrow build just posted this on reddit:
""Well, it's OK really. Can still solo 78s without much of an issue it seems""

Guess the nerf is more then fine.

If this is true, why we still need the nerf then ?
Dream with me !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OoNEytDH78&feature=youtu.be
While doing a jungle valley, I thought about showing the damage Mirror arrow can still do post patch.
Yes, it's not a map 78 or anything difficult (at my level it's a waste to go in them anyway), but my mirror arrow is level 18 in a quill rain with four supports (because there is also blink arrow), so the damages should be the same in a white 5L with a mirror arrow level 18 since quill rain only give attack/projectile speed.
Last edited by Frolamiz on Feb 27, 2015, 11:34:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info