Low life Mirror arrow + minion instability in HLD

This should be looked at asap, it's a 1 shot mechanic that is really easy to accomplish with minimal gear requirements. I spent about 2 exalts and used some of my LLD gear to throw this together and got rank 3 in the recent US Open Swiss as a lvl 78.

(I actually went for the win but lost to a poison arrow build because I was too lazy to switch to lorica ^^)

Imagine what someone could achieve with serious currency, all 20/20 gems and a shav's..
I wouldn't go so far as call it an exploit. More likely a clever use of in game mechanics that is being used in ways ggg didn't predict.

The clones do enough damage to kill mobs in 78 maps with 6 man hp. Since their damage is directly related to their health, decreasing the health of the clones can get the pve and pvp damage inline. Giving them an override of attack time for the pvp damage calculation would decrease the attack damage of the clones themselves which would be a bad move in my opinion.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
well Im guessing this will no longer be a problem, and will probably not be viable for lld too ;/

RIP

"
Qarl wrote:
Reduced the life of Mirror Arrow and Blink Arrow clones by around 80%. The clones now take 80% less damage to match their previous survivability. The clones originally had their life set higher than normal for survivability reasons. The Minion Instability keystone passive took advantage of this large amount of life and lead to an unreasonably powerful skill combination. After this adjustment, you'll still be able to make instant exploding clones, but they will only have the damage of a fragile minion. The clones themselves still have the same survivability as before in combat situations.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Feb 27, 2015, 4:12:08 AM
Well I'm glad it's fixed for hld, but I feel like they made another fun LLD build unviable.
Guess it can't be helped though, all in all a good nerf!
The build is not dead anyway~ it just turned to not too overpowered.
the damage still looks like in par with max charge flameblast
(i think*, seeing vids other ppl made)
to compare, flameblast have no cd but you nid to stand and charge @_@

kamikaze MA is still playable imo.

Peace. <3
"
jacky5047 wrote:
The build is not dead anyway~ it just turned to not too overpowered.
the damage still looks like in par with max charge flameblast
(i think*, seeing vids other ppl made)
to compare, flameblast have no cd but you nid to stand and charge @_@

kamikaze MA is still playable imo.

Peace. <3

I think it's still possible to 1 shot 80% of the builds atm. It just got way more expensive.. lvl 21 mirror arrow + lvl 4 empower required.

I got top 20 in the last open blitz with a lvl 20 mirror arrow and lvl 2 empower which meant I usually had to get 2 or 3 shots in while the enemy was cursed + EE'd, or in combination of MA traps.

So yea, definetly still viable but requires more $$

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info