Getting one shot by Kole

sure mate np

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B5wUtCC4KmxLhE0wTyRQgFE0X4RiRGY4ZtBpVG8gb-iP2Jd8m-CfVLOkwdzB8Mfs26DpSPfxDMUd-Sn1Nkk4yUEdTu1W1VvpXDVhjWf5fP2BLYSFkUmSjZU1lp2XwZ6Bul3TtdU5313h6eOt67311fyt_44IHhNmE74dqh3aMz419kc6XeZuNns2i6qQZpo2nMKknqZSuUK_rtiy77byfvTa-p7_VwQTBo8RYytPSIdN-1orZfN0N4mHjn-RR5wrtg-8O73ryQfKc9kj3vvjr_Ev8xf5r_ro=

^^ thats a current tree of a 2h axe cyclone build that can afk Kole, when I finish leveling it will look like this..

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B5wUtCC4KmxLhE0wTyRQgFE0X4RiRGY4ZtBpVG8gb-iP2Jd8m-CfVLOkwdzB8Mfs26DpSPfxDMUd-Sn1Nkk4yUEdTu1b6Vw1YY1n-Xz9gS2EhZFJko2VNZadl8Gegbpd07XVOd9d4enjreu99dX8rf-OCB4TZhO-Haod2jM-NfZHOl3mbjZ7NouqkGaaNpzCpJ6mUrlCv67Ysu-28n702vqe_1cGjxFjK09Ih037Witl83Q3iYeOf5FHnCu2D7w7vevJB8pz2SPe--Ov8S_zF_mv-utlhhVLrCTkOCZatjc9-dqw=

that second link is a very high level tree tho.

bandits are oak, krytain, oak (life, attack speed, endurance charge)

auras = grace + hatred

gear needed to tank like that = Im wearing a devotos hat

which u can get for about 1 chaos now because no one uses them, and a 1400 armour chest. Also using armour gloves and boots and have an armour roll on the belt, the gloves and boots dont have particularly good armour rolls though.

the stats that leaves you with are about

5,300 life
8,500 armour
10,000 evasion
6 endurance charges
Ondars Guile
Soul Of Steel

I have a 2k armour chest that is currently unlinked, when I can link that up it will be 10k armour, but I can afk that monster with just a 1400 armour chest I have on atm.

The tree could be adapted to use swords instead, or use 1 handers by going through strongarm and defiance rather than butchery and destroyer. This is an example of a sword + shield marauder I have...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAF4B5wIRAycFLQguCpsQ8BLhFCAUTRRxGJEZjhm0GlUbqhvIG_oj9iSdJd8s6S_MMHwxsDboOlI9_EMxRNJHfkp9TZJQR1O7VvpYY18_YEthIWJaYuxjF2SjZU1noG5pbpd07XfXeOt67311fyuBOoIHhNmE74d2iO2Mz419ns2j56QZpzCp-rYstoq8n702vqe_1cEHwYLG2MrTy_XSIdN-1FLV-NaK137ZfNy93Q3h7-Of5FHnCucP7YPvDu968kHyWvKc9kj3vvxL_MX-uunVeTl-4ho-xFgn1Q==

this build has mana nodes because it fuels reave with mana leech rather than using a bloodmagic gem like the cyclone ranger above. You cna do these sort of builds as marauder or ranger, or duelist even tho duelist is a little less optimal imo. With an armour shield you can hit about 15,000 armour, I use a rare shield but a lioneyes unique shield is something thats fairly common and would fit the bill.

Theyre hybrid evasion + armour builds, basically you wear almost all armour on gear, maybe a couple of the 4 socket items can be hybrid armour + evasion, but the bulk of the evasion comes from Grace aura. The evasion is extremely important, it stops you getting hit twice in a row by attacks which gives your regen time to heal you, gives you a clear window to pop a flask if you need to etc, for facetanking hard hitting attack mobs ev is godly. Combined with ondars guile you will evade 4 out of 5 attack projectiles, maybe even 9 out of 10, it will basically be impossible for something like a tity bitch to really harm you at all, for a melee to not have to worry about projectiles is very important imo, lets you take you time and not have to make snap decisions to close a gap and deal with ranged attack mobs right away. The armour and endurance is there for when you do get hit so that you dont take 3-4k damage from a mob like kole, its more like 1k damage which is less than 1/5 of your life pool and because of evasion and fairly high life regen you will be back to 100% life before you get hit a second time.

I can pretty much afk anything in lunaris merciless with that setup, spinecrack cant really hit me and the odd time he does its like a wet noodle, I can stand in front of pietys ice form and she cant hit me because of ondars, the fire form is even less of a worry than kole, I can stand still with 20+ titty bitches + massive packs of whippers and black guards completely surrounding me, take my hands of the keyboard/mouse and just sit there indefinitely. Its currently a lvl92 char but it could do that in the 70s because it was wearing the same gear and had most of the same defensive passives.

Evasion takes care of itself with grace, armour is the stat you need to watch while leveling late game. Less than 4k armour is where you really need to be very careful around things like kole, when you get to 4k+ armour you can be fairly confident about facetanking merciless/lower map mobs, when you get to 8k armour you can afk those mobs. Obviously you never intentionally afk in practice unless youre testing the char, you are constantly attacking and leeching back life, you have a granite flask of iron skin, you have enfeeble in your codt, you have immortal call in your codt, the fact you can afk kole without using any of those should speak to how extreme the survivability is when actively attacking and using all those other mechanisms. In mid to high maps many monsters will hit as hard or harder than kole and you will need those other things in play to be safe.
Answering a few questions, I am not at home at the moment so typing from the phone. Basically I have been taking all the life nodes around Templar and with areas, their trees don't provide much hp so I am sure it was intended by GGG to be so. That being said, by lol 62, I got 3k hp and a decent amount of crit rate. I had about 500 armor and 1k Eva, in other words no physical mitigation. Did take EB to sustain my AA( which obviously does nothing against big damage hits). I have posted my self found gear earlier in the thread and I had hp on almost all of them, except for gloves and amulet(maligaros and foible). I had no problem whatsoever getting through merciless nor I had a problem at lunaris temple. Basic rule for me was just not getting hit by melee mobs and my shockwave totems were doing the rest. I had my granite flask always up in bad case but I didn't even need it. Until I faced Kole and died from one shot. So you tell me how is that well balanced? Am I missing out something here? Why such a big sudden jump from bosses dealing 500 damage a hit to 3k a hit? even with dsync I should have survived a hit with 3k hp before entering maps. Hell even 66-70 maps don't have bosses that 1 shot you. Except for the crazy devourer boss at orchard map.
Now about the melee armor character someone posted around here:
I have been playing a static melee build with bringer of the rain and 70 block with 15k armor. Well in this case, yes, Kole is a joke. However this game is just like that, you can't focus only on one type of damage, if you focus on physical damage mitigation you will die from a spell, if you focus on spell damage reduction you will die from a phys damage one shot. You will die one way or another, it s impossible to be immortal in this game. But when you die from one shot that s different. The game is completely lacking the balance, making some bosses a walking joke and other ones completely OP. This is not friendly for new players, nor even for experienced ones. I am currently rerolling into a CI CoC build and it s a lot of fun. playing melee is meh, gets boring after a while
I think your problem is that the game is too easy. You got spoiled doing content underlevel for the whole game and got slapped upside the head against a gear check boss.

You can't seriously be complaining that a boss 5 levels higher than you one-shot you with 3k life, 500 armour, and 1000 evasion, can you? That's pretty much the definition of a glass cannon. Ranged characters can get away with that most of the time, but that doesn't make it any less squishy.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
No, people just tend to forget how armor works. Because it works in a nonsensical way. The mathematic formula essentially simulates a damage blocking value. So 1000 armor is good enough to tank most trash mobs because they don't do much more than 100 damage anyway. Kole however deals 3k or more with his groundslam (which was probably a crit) which means negating 100 damage simply isn't going to cut it.

To deal with Kole damage you need to get physical damage reduction which you cannot come by through normal means. However, endurance charges create 4% damage reduction each and with the proper questing you can get a total of 7 of them. 7 * 4 means 28% damage reduced (think of it as 28% phys resist). Additionally there is one (that I know of) node that reduces physical damage by another 4%: Soul of Steel. This gives you 32% phys resist. Then there's certain items that give you more (such as lightning coil) and there's another keystone, Mind over Matter) which takes 30% of damage dealt and maps it to another input (lightning damage and mana damage). If you have enough mana, MoM will actually work and if you have max lightning resist, 30% of damage dealt will be reduced by 75% giving you a 22% damage reduction. So assuming you get all that, you get a 60% remapping of damage, leaving you with 22% damage taken without any further mitigation, then the remainder 40% is going to get reduced by armor, if we assume you got none, there's the remaining keystones and endurance charges leaving you with 0.4 * 0.32 = 12.8% which results in 34.8% of damage dealt taken meaning that if you get all that you can get a 65% physical resist in optimal conditions. Then at that point a hit from Kole will actually be tank-able with 3k hitpoints.

I would also like to add that consistent mitigation is always better than direct life or ES points. The reason for this is quite simple: your effective HP (damage required to kill you) is then not the same as your actual HP. That means if you take 6000 damage to the face but it only takes away 3k from your lifepool, you will only need to heal 3k health instead of 6k. That means fewer resources are required to tank damage, meaning less leech needed, fewer flasks needed and double the effectiveness of regen auras and nodes.
Fear the army of dots:
..............................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
sure mate np

Thanks a lot!
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAvrzYvTWS_gqQEYLkiq9KyITZAdy-ingNqW618r6nZU29Nkd-KaVOKrZBQzGHaqmUqSd4egUteu907YTvG8hgSxLhYSEUTQHnNuhYrxiRvJ_8S6QZtiwl3xv6OlKfy6cw8kHSIW6qU7u_1fnoQYe3Pp7NPyesR31bKk2DCW-eykpRTIIHah4c5_Iv7w4UIF8_Gj7kUVBHu-2RzlcN-OvBoxNMJvgX4U4y

Alright, this is the current state of my vengeance build. I'm carrying lightning coil and a belt that reduces incoming crit damage. With 6 endurance charges I can tank Kole's groundslam to the face consistently. Without the charges was a lot more painful. But he was under no circumstance able to kill my 2.4k lifepool in one blow. So OP, I'm under the strong impression that you're lacking in physical damage mitigation.
Fear the army of dots:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info