Getting one shot by Kole

Well, sorry for you ... rip.

I see your point and would 100% agree if you weren't in hardcore.
Hardcore is a lot about learning your mistakes.

desync & lags aren't intended, but they are parts of the game and you have to deal with it ...especially in hardcore.

Did he really one shoted you? or did you get multiple hits that felt like one because of desync?

Anyway, for me and like many others, i think having 3k life at the end of act3 merciless is a big risk (especially if your build doesn't involve real mitigation passiv skills).

You took the risk, kole's get crit (or desync blessing) ...you now know the result.

I feel sorry for you, but it confirm my personal believe: you never have "too much" life
Maybe I'm alone with this but I really don't like games that are too linear. I like how in PoE you have to be cautious because even though you faceroll through everything, every once in a while something awful will jump you and beat the crap out of you if you're not prepared (btw Illidan is a great hero in HotS :3). I've been playing Pokemon again on my new 3DS and while that game has its own merits, the combat and difficulty progression is really boring because everything is so damn linear.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
i play evasion this league and can say kole does around 4K damage with no armour and no other form of mitigation.

you had no shield, no gloves, no amulet.
- would have easily been 600HP more and more armour, and asome armour on top of it, and maybe even 2,3 more levels, and you would have survived the hit.

Maybe you should use a tabula rasa next time, too, for more damage, and then come back and cry about ripping.

I personally feel Kole shouldn't be nerfed. Kole is one of the hardest-hitting bosses in the game, like vaal, and if you know that (like you say you do), then next time, just reset the instance, or use vaal summon skeketons.
Shockwave totem builds are always prone to desync.
Good luck.
(fairly) new guy here.

Is sub 3k HP at this level really that bad? I had ~2k on Lunaris and did it without problems, hell I only have 2.6k hp now and am doing dominus and entry level maps with no problems. I just kill most things before they can kill me lol.

tornado shot + puncture, acrobatics build btw. No armour at all.
Last edited by Fauxite on Feb 21, 2015, 10:11:57 PM
"
Fauxite wrote:
(fairly) new guy here.

Is sub 3k HP at this level really that bad? I had ~2k on Lunaris and did it without problems, hell I only have 2.6k hp now and am doing dominus and entry level maps with no problems. I just kill most things before they can kill me lol.

That amount of hit points is fine as long as critters die before they hit you or you can avoid their attacks.

Of course it all goes to crap if someone like Kole smacks you in the face...

There just isn't any margin for error against hard hitting monsters and as you progress to higher level content you'll find more and more hard hitters to contend with.
"
Fauxite wrote:
(fairly) new guy here.

Less than 3k at that point isn't too bad, it just means you're risking getting 1-shotted occasionally. Not a big deal for softcore characters, but on hardcore it's a situation you want to avoid whenever possible.
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
"
I can't believe you guys are saying Kole is dangerous. He's not. Huuge lag spikes aside. Do you have curses? Do you have puncture? Do you have freeze? Do you have Granite flask? Do you have immortal call? Do you have stun threshold reduction? Do you have DPS? I mean it just goes on and on, all the ways to disable him.

I understand you want to sound cool and Pro at this game, like he is not dangerous at all, Of course he is. If he wasn't I would never been 1 shotted by him. If he wasn't dangerous he would deal 2k flat damage and that would be enough to kite and restore some HP. And even if his damage was reduced by 25% he would be STILL dangerous, but not as deadly. Maybe you are the one who goes to kill him on lvl 90 with 5k hp on standard, I don't know. I have been playing on Hardcore with self found items, this was my gear.

Running AA 11 obviously did nothing there, so it s not worth mentioning.
In my opinion, yes, the gear is not nearly as good to do higher maps than 66-67. But I was doing quite well, I managed to kill every mini boss and voidspawn of Aba, I had freeze, my totems were dealing % of damage as cold(Hatred gem). I don't think my gear and DPS was that bad after all. DPS of 1 totem was about 4.5k with 6 power charges and 3.5k without them. that s 7k and 9k if I cast 2 of them. So question is, why does the game not giving me any chance and insta kills me? Actually look up Kripparian's death by Kole on youtube. He also got instakilled by him. And I think he had even more HP than I had. So please, stop saying he is not dangerous, he is. We get it you are a pro and a hero and Uber Atziri is probably a piece of cake to you but we are talking about regular players with regular self-found gear. The game should give a player a second chance instead of insta ripping him, especially if it was due a dsync/lag.

Your immortal call didn't trigger because it has a player level requirement of 33 while your CWDT gem requires gems lower than 32.

Also, can I see your passive tree?
Fear the army of dots:
..............................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................
Last edited by Trainingmacro on Feb 22, 2015, 7:42:24 AM
People talking about countermeasures are missing the point. There is exactly two factors contributing to your defense in this situation, that is life and damage reduction.

Block, Evasion, Blind, IC etc. all are chance based. If you have 95% effective evasion you will still die in 5% of the cases. When the question is whether mobs should be able to one-shot you it does not matter that it 'only happens so often'.

Flasks and simply dodging his attack rely on you actually seeing what he is doing. If I see the Mob follow a party member out of the room, then immediately drop dead right next to him, there is little chance for dodging.

Now for defense. Armor is not going to be viable for a number of builds, including of course all evasion characters going for acrobatics. EC provides a 15-20% damage reduction for casters/rangers, which means for Kole 3k HP make the absolute minimum. Which is very tricky to self-found, but GGG is not balancing the game around self found players anyway. With trading, 3k-4k is achievable.

Basically this leaves you with the question of whether a mob should be able to one-shot characters that are slightly undergeared. Personally, I think yes. But not on a mob that is as heavily prone to desync as Kole.
3k life, no shield, no enfeeble, no notable armor values and playing in a hc league, complaining about getting oneshot by the biggest, most buff melee boss out there? Go back to softcore please ;).
"
mark1030 wrote:

What's a TC anyway?

TC = Topic Creator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info