Getting one shot by Kole

"
Dr1MaR wrote:
3k hp is plenty and more than enough for a 62 lvl character

That is a groundless statement. Your experiences with trash mobs are not indicative of what is, on average, good or even reasonable for a character in the Lunaris Temple on Merciless. You're underleveled *and* low on HP, and you're complaining about hard-hitting bosses killing you. It's pathetic.
"
k1rage wrote:
3k hp is really not very much....

This. I always have at least 4000 HP by merciless Kole. Also, what are you doing heading towards piety @ 62? I mean, I only play hardcore, so my perspective might be different. However, I always farm docks till 68-70, then finish up piety for the 2 skill points, then start maps.

For what its worth, I've made around 25 characters that I leveled to at least 70, and I've never died to Kole. Sometimes hes just not worth fightning though imho, on some of my less tanky characters its best to just run by him.

Edit:
"
"
Dr1MaR wrote:

That is a groundless statement. Your experiences with trash mobs are not indicative of what is, on average, good or even reasonable for a character in the Lunaris Temple on Merciless. You're underleveled *and* low on HP, and you're complaining about hard-hitting bosses killing you. It's pathetic.

This x 1000... except for the pathetic part, I don't want to be mean.

Last edited by Nerdicide on Feb 20, 2015, 11:26:15 AM
i would say that minimum requirements to beat kole with a melee would be like level 62 3k hp 3k armor 40% block and you need life on hit/regen and kiting abilities (in the case that you get thumped) also killing any "trash mobs" around him will help too because there are those pesky temporal chains casters that i think also have corpse explosion. hope this helps gl out there.
Last edited by verath87 on Feb 20, 2015, 11:44:20 AM
"
verath87 wrote:
i would say that minimum requirements to beat kole with a melee would be like level 62 3k hp 3k armor 40% block and you need life on hit/regen and kiting abilities (in the case that you get thumped) also killing any "trash mobs" around him will help too because there are those pesky temporal chains casters that i think also have corpse explosion. hope this helps gl out there.

They do, and they will pop kole's corpse as soon as he drops.
"
Nerdicide wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

This. I always have at least 4000 HP by merciless Kole. Also, what are you doing heading towards piety @ 62? I mean, I only play hardcore, so my perspective might be different. However, I always farm docks till 68-70, then finish up piety for the 2 skill points, then start maps.

For what its worth, I've made around 25 characters that I leveled to at least 70, and I've never died to Kole. Sometimes hes just not worth fightning though imho, on some of my less tanky characters its best to just run by him.

Edit:
"
"
Dr1MaR wrote:

This x 1000... except for the pathetic part, I don't want to be mean.

Piety hasn't really been an issue for me the last two leagues, I tend to kill her without issue at 59-60. Then I go stare at the door to scepter and after a moment go, 'Eh.. maybe later.'

Except my Marauder, Wings of Entropy cyclone > Dominus. Even at 60.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
k1rage wrote:

3k is perfectly fine for a hc char just arriving act3 with mostly selffound gear lvl 62 on the other hand...... you should have waited 2-3 more lvl

the kole fight is scary in each difficulty i always cheese it with traps curses and granites that guy is so damm buggy iam sry you lost you char

ps: getting pulled into a pillar and being unable to move is a really great feeling too
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Feb 20, 2015, 2:58:02 PM
"
Kole, or Brutus? (the act 3 Piety's pet, or the act 1 Warden?)

they used to be pretty much identical, but then Brutus got "upgrades".
so Kole is "old Brutus" with a hook and ground-slam-like splash, while Brutus is the guy with the huge AoE spikes going all the way across the screen, the floor spike attack that has no warning and no way to avoid besides getting the hell out of there, fast, and the skeletons that lag the crap out of you as they fall down.

I assume you mean Brutus, and yes he indeed is a stupid fight right now. especially in Maps where he's as scary as the Jungle Valley boss, if not more.

but you aren't meant to face-tank either, really. unless your name is Mortezzah.

No, by Kole I mean Kole, I dont mean Brutus unless if I say it was Brutus. Brutus is much easier. Kole, in other hand, can 1 shot you no matter what you do.
"

Yet, I killed EVERY boss, EVERY bloodline mob, including Living Bloods and void of Aba. No one of them 1 shotted me. So, either show some respect or get the hell out of here. I am not new to the game and I know what to do and could easily clear Lunaris and kill piety if Kole didn't 1 shot me. Damn, I am not even complaining, I am stating facts that Kole is way too overpowered compare to any other bosses before entering maps. Why almost nobody agries with me? Don't you guys think so at all? His damage is totally fine to you? Why Do I have to have my HP 5k+ with him when I can kill any other bosses with 3k hp? Am I missing out something here or you guys just don't get my point at all?

"
Dr1MaR wrote:
"

Yet, I killed EVERY boss, EVERY bloodline mob, including Living Bloods and void of Aba. No one of them 1 shotted me. So, either show some respect or get the hell out of here. I am not new to the game and I know what to do and could easily clear Lunaris and kill piety if Kole didn't 1 shot me. Damn, I am not even complaining, I am stating facts that Kole is way too overpowered compare to any other bosses before entering maps. Why almost nobody agries with me? Don't you guys think so at all? His damage is totally fine to you? Why Do I have to have my HP 5k+ with him when I can kill any other bosses with 3k hp? Am I missing out something here or you guys just don't get my point at all?

I get your point, but I don't necessarily agree with it. 3k hp is quite low for that area in HC. The level you were is fine, but gaining 4 lvls may have gotten you enough hp to take the hit. He can hit even harder than 3k if he crits too. I personally think he's fine and am glad players need to exercise some caution with him.

Also have fun with the unlucky group of otherwordly powerful crit or extra damage devourers w/ only 3k hp.
Last edited by Millacus on Feb 20, 2015, 5:06:15 PM
For me, Everything was fine with Kole, Black Widow, Blacksmith except those moments with Torment spirits. Kole for some reasons became very small, fast, and deadly as f*ck.
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info